Big Bang theory makes no logical sense

• Re: Big Bang theory makes no logical sense

Dr.Carter wrote:

Nothing wrong with that. As much as I love D&D, sometimes I feel like the forum focuses entirely too much on the first "D", and not enough on the second, if you catch my drift.

:)

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

How is that contradictory?

You don't see how that phrase is contradictory?

God is timeless and exists constantly. He has no beginning, nor an end, nor a present. He is everywhere and anywhere possible.
      To be existing in a constant state, would time not need to be present? It is a kind of paradoxical statement, and contradicts itself when adhering to scientific law.

But, after further analysis i realise what the phrase is suggesting.

He has no beginning, has no present, and has never ended, which could imply either; 1. he doesn't "exist" and never has "existed" (adhering to scientific/logical definition)
      or
      2. he "exists" in a dimension in that time/duration is somewhat non-existant, OR is at a different state which allows multiple times to occur at one time. (Sorry if that makes no sense)

Option 2 supports him being "Timeless" and existing above time itself, and having no beginning, present or end also imposes that he exists beyond our understanding of time.

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

Why does omnipresence require an origin?

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

You invariably run into origin issues when discussing the universe, whether you have a God associated with the universe or not.

Are you suggesting omnipresence doesn't require an origin, yet you invariably run into origin issues when discussing god's creation?

Omnipresence implies a presence of a being itself, so where did this being (in this case god) come from? I believe in order for omnipresence (or God) to be existant, an origin of sorts must of occured.
      Low raise, to the height that of God to men.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CaptainAwesome wrote:

To be existing in a constant state, would time not need to be present? It is a kind of paradoxical statement, and contradicts itself when adhering to scientific law.
      You're applying our universal laws to an omnipotent being. If God created the universe, he is not bound by the physical laws that exist within it. The author of a creation is not hampered by his creation.

I personally see omnipresence as a derivative of omnipotence, in that if an omnipotent being wanted to be in all places at once, he is capable of doing such.

CaptainAwesome wrote:

Are you suggesting omnipresence doesn't require an origin, yet you invariably run into origin issues when discussing god's creation?
      No, what I mean is, whether you're talking about Gods origin or the universe's origin, you run into the same problem.

CaptainAwesome wrote:

Omnipresence implies a presence of a being itself, so where did this being (in this case god) come from? I believe in order for omnipresence (or God) to be existant, an origin of sorts must of occured.
      Are you suggesting that omnipresence and eternal existence are mutually exclusive? Omnipresence has nothing to do with origin. If God is eternal, his omnipresence would merely mean that he is capable of being present in an infinite number of states.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Okay, i understand what you are suggesting now, and it makes sense. My argument was based around the application of universal laws to God. But without our laws, it is theoretically possible that God can exist without an origin.
      Low raise, to the height that of God to men.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JCpatriots wrote:

Umm, it was directed at the OP. I didn't care to read all the typical religious debate bullshit that always comes with these threads, because they appear every single week. But the whole "big bang theory making no logical sense" part had me perplexed as to how the insinuation that a big invisible man (how that is a "kindergarden" interpretation of God is beyond me, because that's what God is, correct? No one has ever seen God, right? He's invisible. People look up into the sky and pray to him. He must be pretty big, right?

You can look to pretty much any direction when you pray, actually most people look down. God is characterized as being "up" but most people would tell you he's more "with them." or pretty much anywhere, no specific direction.
      He has a penis, right? He's a man.

xD!! I'm not sure about that. I've always seen it as things on our body are only here to we can do certain things. We only have penises and vaginae to reproduce, so I don't really think he'd have one :rofl:.

Big invisible man, and he's in the sky. I can't say I've ever heard any kindergardeners debating about God before.) making everything suddenly come to life makes any more logical sense than scientific explanations for how the universe was created.

Logic only applies to worldly things I think. Science is right, like it was said before it can make proof of anything in this universe, but logic can't comprehend things like what could've exactly caused the big bang (If i'm correct and God did this in an alternate timeless universe). I'm going to try to avoid being to biased-Christian here but God can't be understood with logic, I think there's an idea beyond purpose or reason in that alternate existence (I can't say that's the best way to put it, I don't know how to write it out but the idea is kind of clear).

I just kind of took what LuklaAdvocate said and threw it into my Christianizer machine, that's how I like to debate a lot of times :D instead of showing how people are wrong, I digest everything they say, and then compare it with how I see it when I deep think on it.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]♥[/SIZE][SIZE=3]♠[/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=2]♣[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=1]♦[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE=3][SIZE=1]♦[/SIZE][SIZE=2]♣[/SIZE]♠[/SIZE][SIZE=4]♥[/SIZE]

Nick and Kris on Skype. wrote:

[7:16:21 PM] Nick: kris, i'm martha stewart.
      [7:18:37 PM] Kris: oh really? lol
      [7:18:43 PM] Kris: how was prison?
      [7:18:47 PM] Nick: hot.
      [/CENTER]

You know, no one ever addresses my points that the Big Bang and god have nothing to do with each other and you can have the Big Bang and God and can have the Big Bang without God and can even have God without the Big Bang.
      Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind. ~Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason
      [CENTER]The greatest thing you'll ever learn
      Is just to Love
      And be Loved in return
      [/CENTER]

DeaExMachina wrote:

You know, no one ever addresses my points that the Big Bang and god have nothing to do with each other and you can have the Big Bang and God and can have the Big Bang without God and can even have God without the Big Bang.
      You're correct. God and the big bang aren't mutually exclusive.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DeaExMachina wrote:

... Catholic Church at one time used it as proof that God created the universe and that the 7 days was metaphorical and not literal...

The same can be said for everything in the bible...not just genesis.

DeaExMachina wrote:

Concerning the idea of a "God Particle," actually referred to as the Higgs field, that was one of the purposes of the construction of the large hadron collider in Europe. While we have not yet proven the existence of the Higgs field the simple idea behind it is that the universe was in a state of complete and timeless symmetry prior to the big bang and that particles lacked mass, as neutrinos do, however by passing through the Higgs field the particles gained massive mass and so the symmetry was broken which caused the big bang and the creation of the universe through the spontaneous symmetry breakdown.

For those of us that are not particle physicists, the "god particle" or Higgs field is believed to be a sort of anti-matter. Since everything that exists is matter and has mass the theory of anti-matter is more or less a yang to matters yin (in the most simplest terms of course). The idea is that the universe was in a state of symmetry (i.e. matter and anti-matter coexisted side by side) until the big bang disrupted that symmetry (causing matter and anti-matter to be separated) thus not "creating" (as we know the word) the universe but rather reorganizing the universe (or some would say expanding the universe).
      What I should have said was...Nothing!