Do other girls agree she made the right decision?

• Do other girls agree she made the right decision?

I know this is long, and quite ... brutal, but I would really like to hear how women/mothers feel.

I was reading a collection of rather extreme crime cases, and one in particular caused me to think of the above question.

Two men and a woman (all armed) committed a home invasion. At the home were two women, the 7 year old daughter of one of the women, and a 43-year-old man who just so happened to be at the house while conducting a door-to-door survey. He was a total stranger to the women.
      All four were stripped naked and tied to chairs.

The criminals then told the man that unless he cut off his own penis, the two male criminals would rape the little girl. The man refused. One of the men began molesting the little girl.
      The criminals then told the mother that if she cut off the male captive's penis, they wouldn't rape the little girl. The woman agreed.

She was made to kneel at gunpoint in front of the bound man, and was first told to get him as erect as possible, and then to torture his penis with a cigarette lighter. After several minutes of this, she was given a box cutter, and told to cut off the man's penis, which she did. They retied the woman, and then the three criminals left, taking the man's penis with them. It was never found.

I'm sure this was a very difficult decision for the mother, but do you agree with me that she made the necessary decision in agreeing to cut off the man's penis?

Would you have made the same decision as her?
    • Re: Do other girls agree she made the right decision?

swingsandroundabouts wrote:

I dont know, but I guess I would have. It would feel wrong, but if it saved my little girl from molestetion then yeah. I think the guy should have done it actually, to save the little girl.

I'm pretty sure I would do it too. Do you think the guy was a bit cowardly for not doing it himself?

He didn't die, which is good.

If she wasn't put in jail for it she should have been.

The mutilation and torture of a someone is not protected under the law when under criminal duress. Her daughter was being raped, big deal, it's just sex she'll get over it and continue her life and if she doesn't have good support she'll be depressed about it but either way it means she can continue her life without any real impairment. On the other hand the male has had his life practically ruined, its not like he'll be free from any sexual urges he'll just be stuck unable to have any, he'll have trouble peeing, he'll never have a successful relationship, if he was already married his wife either would leave him or he'd have to contend with the idea of her sleeping around because he can never satisfy her.

The criminals who caused this deserve to be punished yet they didn't force her to make that choice to torture and mutilate another innocent person, she made that choice all her own and deserves the full force of the law upon her criminal behavior.
      Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind. ~Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason
      [CENTER]The greatest thing you'll ever learn
      Is just to Love
      And be Loved in return
      [/CENTER]

Hmm, that's a really tricky one. I wouldn't have bothered directing the question at girls only, cuz you're gonna get a ton of guys saying "she did WHAT?" and "that's wrong, shoot the bitch".
      Personally, I wouldn't say I support the mother's actions, but I can say I'm not suprised she made the decision she did. I don't want to sound sexist here, but I'm expecting to hear see almost 95% of women will agree with what she did, and possibly and even higher number of guys who disagree.
      I'd have to agree with DEM to the extent that she can and should be punished to the full extent of the law. She was faced with a dilemma, both choices offering good and bad. For her, it was more important to stop the criminals from raping her daughter than it was to not mutilate the male captive. She made the decision, and therefor must live with the pros and cons of the choice. The one thing I don't quite 100% agree with DEM on is how much it ruined his life. I don't think it would go to the point of his wife leaving him, or make it completely impossible to have a relationship, though I'd agree it would severly impact his lifestyle.
      Here's another thing for the girls to reply to: Would you have a long term relationship, or spend the rest of your life with a man who had a prosthetic penis? What if he told you his penis was cut off to save a little girl from rape?
      Just curious.

I agree fully with DeaExMachina, loads of people have been raped, even by their own dads, they can live a fine happy life, but it's a bit hard to be the guy without a dick.

the guy was a bit cowardly for not doing it himself?

What an ignorant mentality, the penis has a MAJOR blood flow, especially whilst erect, he's actually lucky he survived, it's not just a sex tool.

That's so... fucked up.
      I mean, I've been house-invaded before, pretty fucking scary, but these were just come, get stuff, get out people. I don't know what I would have done in that situation. The mother obviously will do anything to protect her child, so I don't blame her, but still..
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=4]"http://www.teenhutmagazine.com/"[/SIZE]

No. At age 7 the mind is still somewhat malleable, and I believe she could mentally recover from the incident. The man cannot regrow a penis. However, I am not surprised by what the mother did. One was someone she was extremely emotionally attached to, the other was a stranger. I would not place judgment on either result of that scenario. One's mind is simply not the same when one is actually living through the scenario vs reading about it in a thread.

DEM: I believe you over-killed your point. Certainly it would significantly damage the man, but frankly I don't think you can assume his wife would leave him or she would never be satisfied unless you actually know what happened in this case. If you just stuck to the law and the physical implications of losing one's penis your post would have been stronger.
      "The point of philosophy is to start with something so simple as not to seem worth stating, and to end with something so paradoxical no one will believe in it"-Bertrand Russell

The post was edited 2 times, last by isitso ().

Personally I wouldn't have taken my private part for the girl either, the women was wrong to do so. Take this into perspective, granted everyone left this situation with their lives, none of them will ever be the same, especially the mans. I don't expect some of the girls to understand, but a guys penis is a huge since of ego, pride, a big part of our lives. I don't agree that rape is right in any sense of fashion but the girl could have received help for her encounter or future issues from this experience, the guy on the other hand his life is ruined, he's just as scared as a rape victim and can't receive help for his issues.

Depending on the circumstances of the story, there's a few exceptions. If I were the man and I was an older guy who has lived his life, unable to share passion and love I might have taken my own body part for the girl, also if I knew that I was going to be able to save my body part, I would have done it then too. Clearly it's hard to process rational thoughts under emotional distress but I personally don't believe she made the right choice, I guess it's a parent's nature though so I'm not surprised.

Regardless, this is a messed up story.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Raylan Givens ().

Personaly I wouldn't cut the mans penis off if it was my daughter, I understand the mental pain she would go through forever but he didn't hurt her. I can say even if they said they were going to rape me unless I cut off his penis I don't think that's a fair trade.

fuck no, why does the girl deserve to keep anything for a stranger that can no longer do anything, you take a mans dick you take everything, i'd rather die then have that taken, so why would it matter? I don't think the mom was correct at all, if i had been the mom i would have rather gotten shot then done that, at least i know if they shoot someone then it's over.

Free Fire wrote:

Think of it this way ladies. A woman is the one tied up. And your daughter is going to be raped unless you put a razor blade up there :/.

So you're asking women to base their decision off of personal bias? I'd rather see other women (and men for that matter) base their decision off of fact and logic.

assassinROW wrote:

if i had been the mom i would have rather gotten shot then done that, at least i know if they shoot someone then it's over.

Really? I'd rather mutilate someone to save my own life.
      "The point of philosophy is to start with something so simple as not to seem worth stating, and to end with something so paradoxical no one will believe in it"-Bertrand Russell

The post was edited 3 times, last by isitso ().

assassinROW wrote:

fuck no, why does the girl deserve to keep anything for a stranger that can no longer do anything, you take a mans dick you take everything, i'd rather die then have that taken, so why would it matter? I don't think the mom was correct at all, if i had been the mom i would have rather gotten shot then done that, at least i know if they shoot someone then it's over.

If I was the mom. I really don't think I could even stand doing it because of watching the PAIN he is in.

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

isitso wrote:

So you're asking women to base their decision off of personal bias? I'd rather see other women (and men for that matter) base their decision off of fact and logic.

Really? I'd rather mutilate someone to save my own life.

So would I, but that doesn't always happen.

i don't think there is a right or wrong answer to this. Either choice is understandable for the mother to make. The reasoning for both is good, and though I would not cut off the guy's penis, she was under emotional stress, and they men were molesting her child before her eyes. So here choice is understandable, though it wasn't right nor wrong.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Think of it this way girls, change the story a little, if instead it was a guy and his friend at home with his son, and it was a sales woman instead of a sales man, and he had to do something that would make it so that the woman would never be able to have sex again ever. And they start doing something to the boy, and they let him do it to her, and he goes ahead and does it. Did he make the correct decision?

You have to change it a little, and I don't think girls would even here get the full on idea how much you lose when it happens.