A Fiance Fiasco

• A Fiance Fiasco

OK here's the deal: I just proposed to my GF today and obviously by the title she said yes. The thing is she's been with going with my dad in his semi for a week at a time. Also my grandfather, aunt, and uncle are trying to make her go back home to MN (she moved in with me). They believe she is cheating on me with my father and is nothing but a freeloader. She is getting paid $400/month by my dad for going? I have tried to persuade her to stay here and look for work but she will not.

What do I do? I love her so dearly and I don't want to lose her due to all this drama.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]Thou art I and I am thou. From the sea of thy soul, I cometh. I am Orpheus, master of strings.
      [/SIZE] [/CENTER]
    • Re: A Fiance Fiasco

chocoloca is right. This may sound naive, but if you don't trust her and have the concerns that you do, why did you ask her to marry you?

Talk to her and explain what you think without accusing her. Do the same with your father. You need to address the issue, but without assigning blame or backing people into corners - they'll just get defensive and that will cause more drama for sure.
    • Re: A Fiance Fiasco

You definitely need to talk to her, as well as your father. There is no way you can even get close to marrying someone that you have no idea what is going on with them. Especially when you ask them to stay back with you, and they'd rather go with your father. Seems a bit shady to me. Maybe offer to help her find something close by? Explain your concerns, but try not to come off accusing her, because that might turn into a big explosive fight. You just have to try and convey yourself as concerned, which I'm sure you are, so it shouldn't be too hard.

If she really does love you, and wants to marry you, then she should want to stay back with you, rather than leave you for days at a time to be with your father. Just talk it over with her. Good luck. :)