I'm very paranoid!

• I'm very paranoid!

I always feel like i'm being watched or like something is touching me. I even think people i know such as family will turn on me and hurt me or even kill me. I'm bascially a very paranoid person. I can't control this. Whenever i tell doctors they tell me i have a disorder which causes this and thats it.
      I need help to stop being like this.
      [SIZE=2]One good thing about music, [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=2]when it hits you, '[/SIZE]
      [SIZE=2]you feel no pain.[/SIZE] - Bob Marley
    • Re: I'm very paranoid!

I understand the feeling of being watched all the time. I feel the same way when I'm out in public areas by myself sometimes. Just don't think about it. Try not to care what other people think and like the guy said above, blast music in your headphones and enjoy. :)
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]Love is a serious mental disease...[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

I know it sounds like I'm being patronising here, but I actually know how you feel. To a lesser extent, I'm sure, but I can't remember a time where I haven't suspected everyone of having ulterior motives. And it is distressing to feel that way, but all you can do is try to suppress it and make sure some part of you knows that it's usually not true.

The fact that you're able to post this tells me that there is a part to you that's aware what you're thinking is unfounded, and that's a really good sign. So hold onto that part of yourself, and when you feel really scared just remember that you know it's just in your head.

Still, it doesn't hurt to be a little paranoid, you're more aware of when things ARE going wrong than people who don't suspect it.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

hye, i jstu red ur post in the dibates and diskushon bord lol
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

DamnImGood;1062835947 wrote:

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

I feel this way too, shit happens.

EDIT: All you have been doing on these forums is whining about all your problems, you barely give any feedback when people try to help and to me it only seems like your trying to get attention for problems you can solve yourself. You know the answer to this problem and if not wow. Give a damn effort to fix these problems work on one problem at a time and quit posting 5 or 6 and instead making on thread dedicated to one problem and when that is fixed we can continue to another one. I am not trying to be mean, but it is reality. But hey, maybe whining about all your problems and not attempting to fix them is your way of feeling better, I don't know.

The post was edited 1 time, last by chaoticjoy1 ().

It's a good thing you realize it's not normal. You know your family and friends will not kill you, unless there is a really strong motivation for them to do so. You know that you only "feel" like you're being watched, but you aren't really. If it makes you more confident, set up a camera in your room or get a spy camera pen or voice recorder. I personally have cameras set up in a way that will allow me to see if anyone has been prying when I'm gone. You can also carry self defense items to make you feel safer. Pocket knives are good, but you have to be careful or you might end up hurting yourself with it. If it is beyond just being unable to mentally control your thoughts, you can seek medical help. There are, although I exactly think it's good to rely on, pills that can help you focus and calm down. If you're an average joe with no one out to get you there is no logical reason why you should worry about anyone wanting to harm you.

what works best for me are fantasies. whenever i am in a public place, anywhere, school, mall, bus stop, literally anywhere outside of my house, i always get the feeling that people are watching me, just waiting for me to do something and start making fun of me about it (i know it sounds weird but thats just what i get) so i let my fantasies take over me. one of my biggest dream fantasy is to wake up one day to find out the world has been turned into a game, CoD, Gunz Online etcetera. so i just imagine in my mind, people around me are now game players, and so am i, and i start to have this "imaginary" battle. i remember my first day of school, i imagined that it was Gunz Online and as i stepped out of the car, i just imagined this dude in trench coat and sunglasses stepping out of a fancy car with a MG in his hand. and then as i walked to my class, i just imagine that every person i see is a player and i (again in my imagination) shoot em while avoiding their attack and pretty much slaughter anyone that comes in my way. lol, it worked wonders, before i knew it i was in class, ready for my first day.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

chaoticjoy1 wrote:

All this does it cover the problem, not fix it.

try re-reading the sentence, he mentioned blast music through your headphones and start start chatting, in other words, keep yourself occupied, so she'll be 2 busy to think about this stuff