My mother's health...

• My mother's health...

Hi, first off, sorry for making a thread every day, I don't have anyone to talk to IRL, so I have to settle with internet forums.

well anyway, her health is really bad, she has a bunch of spine problems, bone and muscle problems, basically it doesn't look bright, she can wake up one day and won't be able to move.

She's the only family me and my brother have, so if something does happen, we're both fucked(and homeless) :(

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dexter. ().

• Re: My mother's health...

I may not completely understand what you're going through but dealing with similar thing myself. My mother has diabetes and her kidney has been affected and her leg bones. So far it's nothing serious as to life threatening, she could still walk and all. It could lead to something serious though since I often see her not helping herself with her diet. I tried helping her with it but she is very stubborn. If she dies, well that's it. I'll have no parents left. My siblings and I will be totally fucked.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]Love is a serious mental disease...[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Hey :)

I'm sorry to hear that your mother isn't too well. My mom also has spinal problems although, they come and go, so it isn't too bad. The best thing you can do is to look after her as best as you can and try to understand what she is going through, even though you could never completely understand how she feels. You could try talking to her about her illnesses to show that you are concerned about her and this may then help you to overcome the stress and tension you both seem to be suffering from (I read one of your previous threads about the water ;))

I would say that your mother and yourself would both be quite irritable due to the circumstances that you are in, but if you try talking to each other it may help for you to understand each other more.

I hope this helps and I wish you, your mother and your brother the best of luck :)
      "Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can read." - Mark Twain

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gonebyfar ().

I did have a talk, basically there's nothing i can do if it does happen, i'm 18 soon so i'm basically and adult and those children places won't accept me, my brother might, he's only 12.

And to make it worse i have tonnes of bone and muscle problems myself, head aches everyday, and very bad back pains, wrist problems, loose knees, and a loose jaw.

Do you have some friends that would be able to let you stop with them for a while until you could find somewhere or sort something out if this were to happen?

Sorry to the previous poster, I was writing my post whilst you were posting yours. We are on the same wave length by the looks of things ;)
      "Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can read." - Mark Twain

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gonebyfar ().

I'm sure that there is someone there that does, believe me. You could try joining a local club, doing something that you have a personal interest in or that you think you will enjoy. You should make quite a few friends that way. If you have someone to talk to it may make things easier for you :)

There are people out there who do care, you've just got to find them :)

amando96 wrote:

My life experience tells me that no one really cares unless you have something they want.

I'm a generally cynical person, but things have happened in my life so far to prove to me that this isn't true. There are people out there, hard as they might be to find, or to tell apart from others, that really do just care, without any other motives. So I really hope you can find someone in your life like this, if the worst comes to the worst here :(

And I really hope your mam is ok. A couple of friends of mine (they're brothers) have a mother with MS, and it's gotten so bad now she can't leave her house because she just can't move enough. It's really sad to see, and I know how hard it can be on the family. So I know you're suffering a lot now, even without her passing. I really hope she gets through this alright, and that you and your brother are ok.

And there are plenty of people on the forum who are willing to talk and listen, so don't be afraid to talk to people about how you're feeling, because bottling it up will only make it worse. Feel free to PM me, or talk about it in TinyChat when it's just the two of us again (which seems to happen a lot :p ) because I know it's tough.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

hye, i jstu red ur post in the dibates and diskushon bord lol
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

DamnImGood;1062835947 wrote:

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

Biologically and morally people are compelled to express some form of caring for other people and living things. People want to help, whether they actually do or not. People here care and we'll all listen if you need/want us to. =]
      My mother also has spinal, muscular and other medical problems. All my life she has been getting progressively worse. Some days she can't move, she's in that much pain. It's like a waiting game to see what will happen and then a test of wills to see if she, my father and I can get trough it with her. Hypothyroidism, Muscular Dystrophy, Lou Gehrigs Disease, Neuropathy, hearing loss/deaf, balance disorders, an eating disorder, memory loss and many other ailments plague her. It's hard to deal with...but after years you have to realize that people care for you and want you to be alright, as well as your mother and family. How about a work program? There are many social service programs that help people your age enter the work force when they've been struck by tragedy or problems. Anyways, I'm here if you need me, like I said earlier, so feel free to PM me.
      ~*~
      Please check out my blog at http://mylifeinverse.com/ or check out my youtube videos at http://youtube.com/mylifeinverse Thanks, loves!