is birth control breaking us up?

• is birth control breaking us up?

okay i dont know about this which is why im asking (duh ) and id like some honest opinions. ive been dating my boyfriend 6 months which i mentioned ina different post that has nothing to with this one. a month into the relationship i started taking tricyclen-lo (birthcontrol) now, im not sure if these two things are related but as we got more involved i seemed to cry more, complain more and the littlest things bug me i feel like im driving him away which i dont want to do. ive read on the interent that birth control can make people react this way, do you think thats what it is? should i stop taking birth control and see what happens?

also on another note if i do stop taking birth controls that means no more unprotected sex. I kinda hate condoms, or at least the ones ive tried because they feel smooth and plasticy, not natural, and i dont get as much pleasure because theyre so smooth can anyone reccomend a kind of condom that isnt as bad?
    • Re: is birth control breaking us up?

Yes, the pill can make you go a little moody, especially when you take it for the first time. Look into the relationship first, you been fighting? Has he pissed you off somehow to make you withold a grudge.

I suggest, if you want unprotected sex, be careful of the concequences.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER] Cassie: Do you remember when you rode with me in the ambulance after I tried to kill myself?
      Jal
      : Of course.

Cassie
      : That's what love feels like.
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4]I Love You Dylan[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [SIZE=3]♥[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Ive been on a specific pill for acne for about 2 years, and just started on the normal pill 2 weeks ago. Ive noticed my acne come back and my moods. It took about 3 - 6 months for my acne pill to regulate my emotions, and EVEN then i was moody every month a week before i was supposed to stop the pack for my period.

Look, everyone is different. No one is saying you have to take the pill. You can try other contraceptive means if you think the pill is affecting you.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER] Cassie: Do you remember when you rode with me in the ambulance after I tried to kill myself?
      Jal
      : Of course.

Cassie
      : That's what love feels like.
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4]I Love You Dylan[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [SIZE=3]♥[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

I'm on tricyclen-lo too actually, and I've had zero side effects from it as far as I know. (I don't feel as though I'm acting any different and my relationship is fine.) But like Cass Cass said, it affects everyone differently.

Have you considered a different form of birth control other than the pill or condoms? You could ask your doctor for something that might work better for you, there are many other options.

You could also just try and work harder with your relationship - talk to your boyfriend about your concerns and see if you can work it out without having to go off the pill, if you don't want to stop taking it.

Try seeing your gynae about it. Unexplainable mood swings and irritability are most likely caused by your birth control pills. Your gynae might be able to sort it out with a biphasic or triphasic BC pill program.

ivaiva wrote:

I think it's good to keep in mind that she's taking BC because of HIM so he may be little more considerate.

He is not the one who would get pregnant, so it is for HER that she takes the pill.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sash ().

Sash wrote:

He is not the one who would get pregnant, so it is for HER that she takes the pill.

You know what I mean - because they are having sex and he is big part of that too. She started it because of that. I don't think he should eb BLAMED for that, because she is enjoying in sex too (I hope) but if he dumps her because of her mood swings caused by BC and indirectly by sex (with him) then it's not fair at all.