Wow, what just happened to me?

• Wow, what just happened to me?

Ok, so here goes. This year I caught up with a girl I hadn't spoken to in like 3 years, and we realised we get along perfectly and like ALL the same things. Anyway I decided not to rush things so we talked a few times a week, and I realised that maybe I would want to ask her out some time soon, but I was just waiting for an appropriate time.

Anyway so she slowly began opening up to me about certain problems, I helped her out, and we grew quite close. So today, we met up and were playing like a game where we just ask each other questions and the other person anwers honestly. So I start asking just random questions like "would you rather..." and she tells me to ask more serious questions. This kept going on until she just kept wanting me to ask more intimate questions...so I thought it was my chance and asked who was the guy she's interested in at the moment...
      And she said her ex. :(
      Then she said how she can't be with another guy and she thinks she will get back with him because he said they might get back together soon.

WTH happened, did I misread the cues? Is she just trying to screw with me?
    • Re: Wow, what just happened to me?

dude girls eff with guys all the time. This girl probably felt like you were being a good friend and probably didn't see you that way. She probably rebounded a little bit. I mean theres a lot of things she could be trying to do. but if i were you i wouldn't bother with this girl. just be her friend and if you cant do that stop talking to her, or better yet make a move and try to get her in the sack. But if you want a good relationship i wouldn't go with this one. If she has feelings for you and thats a big "im messing with you" sort of thing she's manipulating you in one shape or form. But if she's being truthful im sure you dont wana be apart of a love triangle.

ok thats pretty harsh tbh, but i really think that she just thinks of you as a friend, friends do play those asking games, maybe she was just trying to get to know you a bit better or maybe she needed an opening so she could talk about her feelings for her ex. on the other hand if she was leading you on and giving you signals that she likes you, then there are two possibilities, a) she likes you and is trying to make you jealous, or b) she is messing with you head, if that is the case which i highly doubt then i would try and move on from her and just be her friend. personally i think she just thinks of you as a friend, like alot of people wont talk about their feelings or problems to the people they know unless asked upon, to avoid embarrassment.
      not sure if this helped in anyway.
      best of luck mate.

I think the guys are right. I would never say something like that unless I was talking to someone I only saw as a friend. It does sound like she might have led you on a little but I don't think she's screwing with you (you never know with some girls, but it's highly unlikely).

You could continue to be friends with her and support her, maybe if things don't work out for her you'll get a chance. It's not something anyone can guarantee, it would depend on if you think it'd be worth it. Don't limit yourself though.

She definitely took you as a friend, good close friend, and thats probably because you sounded like a friend who is going to be there for her always and help her with her problems. And since she thought you are a good help to her problems, she started sharing things with you, like that she is interested in her Ex etc. You did misunderstand when you thought she is probably interested in you.

But nothing is over yet. She is close to you, all you have to do is to start doing something that she gets to realise that you actually like her. No dont go and directly tell her that I like you. See that the situation is that she likes someone else. If you prove that you're better than that guy, she is going out with you. She isnt dating but she is in the state of liking someone else and yet she is close with you.

All you gotta do is stop being a friend and make a move to the next level. Flirt a bit? If she shares stuff about her ex, try to make yourself look better than them. And yes you definitely need to stop being a friend. She needs to know that you want something more than friends. Walk away if she makes it completely clear that she wants nothing apart from friendship.