I feel life is going my too fast.

• I feel life is going my too fast.

So im 19 now, i know thats not old at all. but inside i feel like im getting older quicker than i want to be. i miss being 16. its only a three year difference, but i felt free. i would do what ever with who ever. i had fun with out having to try. i really didnt have to many cares, besides from school. now, i feel like i have to try to have fun with my friends. things just dont happen the way they use to. it really doesnt help that i work full time. also, i always had at least one girl that liked me. so i never felt alone. but now i dont have time to meet new girls. and sense im out of school. i hardly ever talk to girls.

idk, i guess i always find my self reminiscing. and some times it gets me down. im realizing working will be one of my main priorities the rest of my life. and its kinda depressing. does anyone else get this way?
    • Re: I feel life is going my too fast.

I know exactly what you mean though I'm reacting to it oppositely.

I'm almost 19 and have been graduated for a year. It's way different than being 16, I don't go out nearly as often as I used to but I don't feel the need to. Lots of the people I hang out with still drink and party and hang out with high school kids and haven't really grown up at all, and it just seems so... lame. It's not fun for me anymore. Life is crazy but I love being an adult and don't miss high school much at all.

But they always say that even though your teenage years may seem like it at the time, they're often nowhere near the best days of your life. What else is restricting your time other than work? It shouldn't be your only priority - you can still try to meet new people, or go out with coworkers, and even meet new people that way. :)

Hey man sorry to hear that life isn't fun for you right now. I know I can't fully relate to how you're feeling because I have never been in the same circumstance, but I'll
      do my best to give you my advice. I think that you're just not used to this change of lifestyle yet. Going by your age you didn't attend a college? And so you're within two years of getting out of school. Adapting to change is hard, especially when it's as big of a change as this, but you can make the best of it. If you haven't already try to make some good friends who enjoy doing the things you like to do. Go out and do stuff with em' instead of sitting alone thinking back on the past. If you're looking for a woman then stop sitting around waiting for one to come along, go out of your way if you have to. Sorry if I sound harsh, but that's how I see it. There's nothing like companionship, and I think spending time with friends more would help.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Agassi ().

I feel the same as you. It's like when you're younger being this age seems like so far away, and you make plans about what you want to have accomplished by then, even subconsciously, but the time goes by faster than you expect, and suddenly it's like the time to do things has passed you by, and you haven't done anything you thought you would have done by now. You just need a little time for reality to kick in.

Just remember that there's plenty of time left to do all the things you want to do. And you don't need to always have girls interested in you, you will meet some somehow, even if it doesn't seem like it right now. And I get what you mean about friends too, because everyone I know seems to busy all the time now, with college or work, or something else, and when they're not, then I'm busy, so it's harder to find time to meet up with people than it used to be.

You'll get used to it soon enough, and then you'll find it easier to figure out the best way to use your time. And once you do, you shouldn't feel as alone. But for now, it's okay to be a little overwhelmed at times. Just don't let it get you too down.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

hye, i jstu red ur post in the dibates and diskushon bord lol
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

DamnImGood;1062835947 wrote:

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

yessss exactlyy
      im only 17 but will be 18 soon and i dont want to grow up yet
      i think back like 2 years and miss how much fun i had and then i think into the future and all i can think about is all the responsibilities and shit ill have to deal with and it doesnt sound fun at all. school gives you somehting to look forward to- the end of it, but now that school will be over in a year, its like i wont have anything to look forward too, after colllege, its just work for the rest of your life, nothing new and exciting. it depresses me a lot.

Life is indeed going by too fast when you're at this stage of life. Much faster than we want it to be. I sometimes wish I was 10 forever, when I was carefree. Didn't have to think about the future just yet. It was bliss. lol

But the world doesn't work like that and all we gotta do is learn to cope with changes and make the best of things. It does get depressing to think about the past. Just keep your head up, mind and eyes open, and you'll do good.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]Love is a serious mental disease...[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Sorry to hear that, I am 15 and I am starting to feel that way. I mean now I have to get better grades because of my laziness last year and I am having to double up on math courses this year... I hate math :(

So yeah problem with me is I am lazy as hell and know my life can go two ways. One I continue being lazy and end up working at walmart for the rest of my life, or I get off of my ass get better marks in school and find something I am interested in, in college.
      [SIZE=3]Dropping the ball is what we do[/SIZE].
      [SIZE=4] ~baller[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]