psycho or socio?

• Re: psycho or socio?

Gallimaufry wrote:

You were just saying before that morality and conscience are one in the same?
      What I said is,
      having morality and having a conscience are essentially one in the same, and that if you have a conscience, you have some sort of grasp on morality. I was pretty lucid in that the two are not complete parallels.
      When psychopaths disregard right and wrong for an extended period of time, it becomes second nature to ignore morality.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The post was edited 1 time, last by LuklaAdvocate ().

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

What I said is, having morality and having a conscience are essentially one in the same, and that if you have a conscience, you have some sort of grasp on morality. I was pretty lucid in that the two are not complete parallels.
      When psychopaths disregard right and wrong for an extended period of time, it becomes second nature to ignore morality.

Isn't "disregarding right and wrong" and "ignoring morality" practically the same thing?

Disregarding right and wrong simply means that you don't abide by moral law. You may comprehend the fact that an action you perpetrate is immoral, but you don't care. Murder's do it all the time; although they know that murder in essence is wrong, they simply don't care and commit the act anyways.

In cases of psychopathic serial killers such as Ted Bundy, I imagine he killed so many times that right and wrong no longer registered in his mind.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The post was edited 2 times, last by LuklaAdvocate ().