I'm wasting my teen years.

• Re: I'm wasting my teen years.

All I do is stay home watching my brother, I can't go anywhere because i just don't have any way of going anywhere, most guys my age are out having fun all the time, but I can't, my mum doesn't take me anywhere, and I live far away from everything, i told my mom I'll only be a teen once, and she said "no you won't you'll always be the same age" I'm like wat
      because obviously i will get older.

The highlight of my week is going to the grocery shop.

Seriously.

Get your mum to get a babysitter or something for your brother, try and get a job - it will be an excuse to get out of the house! Then you can stay out and meet your friends or something, and try to get your mum to agree to letting you go out a few times a week (or however much you would like) Good luck :)

I can't get a job because i don't have my own transportation, and i don't have my own transportation because i can't afford one.
      My mum doesn't drive me anywhere, we can't afford a babysitter.

my mum allows me to go out, i simply don't have a means of transportation to go out.

take a bus and go to the nearest town/city. call friend or two and go to the club or some place where teenagers meet.

Bus is super expensive, and I don't have friends.

uuuugh parents like that make me SO FUCKING MAD! i dont usually swear but seriously! 2 years ago i moved countries & was severly depressed...it was really really bad, i used to go to sleep everyday screaming & cryiing & wake up crying & my parents didnt care. they did .NOTHING. yeah u heard it .N.O.T.H.I.N.G & they think they are amazing parents, It got to the point where being dead was better, although idk if its concidered suicidal thoughts cz i would never kill myself cz I believe in ghosts (ive experiences a haunting) & i didnt wanna be stuck there forever. I...i asked to go get some help, & i did & they treated me like i was just another teen girl going through "hormones"...I can't give u a solution because, i do feel a bit like that...i mean, i hate my parents, i just...hate them. i dont want anything to happen to them but i hate them & i hope its not too late for u. just know that their is atleast 1 person (trust me their are MANY more!) that knows where ur coming from.

It's ok. I used to complain all the time to my parents that my life was wasting away until I came to the realization that they're fifty year olds who feel just as wasted if not more. Try selling stuff at school. I found that a great way to make some starter cash. Then save for a one-month bus pass. I don't know what buses go through your area, but here, Metro and Foothill Transit gives discounts if you show your student I.D. I take the bus a lot. Just stay occupied and you won't think about it. Walking around the block alone is a great way to occupy yourself. I don't like to be too close to people, not that they want to be anywhere near me anyway. It's easier to think when you're alone and it feels liberating.

Claire1 wrote:

uuuugh parents like that make me SO FUCKING MAD! i dont usually swear but seriously! 2 years ago i moved countries & was severly depressed...it was really really bad, i used to go to sleep everyday screaming & cryiing & wake up crying & my parents didnt care. they did .NOTHING. yeah u heard it .N.O.T.H.I.N.G & they think they are amazing parents, It got to the point where being dead was better, although idk if its concidered suicidal thoughts cz i would never kill myself cz I believe in ghosts (ive experiences a haunting) & i didnt wanna be stuck there forever. I...i asked to go get some help, & i did & they treated me like i was just another teen girl going through "hormones"...I can't give u a solution because, i do feel a bit like that...i mean, i hate my parents, i just...hate them. i dont want anything to happen to them but i hate them & i hope its not too late for u. just know that their is atleast 1 person (trust me their are MANY more!) that knows where ur coming from.

Yes, they all say things like "it's just a phase". It's a pathetic way to try and deal with someone else's problems, but it doesn't deal with them at all. It makes me feel better about living when I read inspirational books about teens and children whose lives have been plagued with disease and terminal illness and such. How even though they may lose an arm or leg, or their family, they have such a strong will to keep living on. And that keeps me living on. Don't bother with trying to get your parents to do any more favors because it sounds like they done. Just go out and do what you want to do before you die and see what they have to say about it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by A.Marie ().

When I say far away i mean faaaar away, the closest bus stop is far away, there's one bus at 6AM, and it comes back at 8PM, so it's a bit too many hours in one place.

There is no block, there's my house, then forest, some more forest, then a few more houses, then more forest, and some more, and then a small village.

And the other houses are either with tourists renting them, or old people.

I'd want a forest near me. It's so peaceful, without anyone to bother me. Try talking walks in the forest. And once you get bored go on the internet. Somehow, the internet keeps me occupied for five hours everyday and I'm still not sick of it.

I do go for walks, it's too hot during the day, so I usually go at sunset.

I use the internet for about 12 hours everyday.

And it's not a real forest, it's really dry and lacks tall trees, mostly bushes, and thorns.

---------- Post added at 04:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

I don't want to come off as ungrateful, I appreciate the advice, but i have thought of EVERYTHING I could do, but it all just fails.

I don't like to brag, but I'm pretty good with electronics, and robotics, I'm at university level, and university grads regularly send me emails asking for help with stuff like final projects etc...

Anyway, education in my part of the country is just crap, everything is really slow, and just easy, so I get fairly annoyed with that, and really want to move, but we simply can't afford it.

Up north you get a few robotics competitions, and some even go to worldwide competitions in japan, and that's just unfair, I learned everything I know by myself with the internet, and experience, they have teachers helping them, and they get the most credit :mad:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dexter. ().

You sound like you go online a lot. You could try becoming an online tutor or something that works on the computer. Some kind of job that works from home and doesn't require you to be physically present. There are plenty of people willing to pay a good $10 per hour for you to teach them what you know. I am in love with physics myself, perhaps we could have a good discussion.