coincidence? i think not..

• coincidence? i think not..

ive wrote about this before...me liking my best friend and wondering if i should pursue it or not. most replies said i should go for it. well ive been working on that slowly but surely, and i think its went pretty good :) even though he had a gf i didnt try to get them to break up or anything because thats just not my style.

however, he and his roommate invited me to stay at their new apt this past wednesday and i ended up telling him exactly how i feel about him. the very next day he broke up with his gf. i found this out through fb.lol....as close as we are, he never really discusses matters of the heart with me (or anyone).

we texted all that day but i never brought it up and neither did he. he did say he was thinking about last night and said it was in a good way. lol. so the only info ive gotten on the breakup is from his roomie who said all he knew about the situation was that the relationship wasnt going anywhere so he ended it....thats all i know.

i guess what im asking is do you think this was just a coincidence or is it something more? and where do i go from here?
    • Re: coincidence? i think not..

I don't wanna say it was a " coincident." that he broke up after you had told him how you felt. As you said, the relationship was going sour. At this point you shouldn't stand around trying to guess, you need to take action. If you like him, you need to start the conversation and linger around the question about taking your friendship a little further. You standing around wont get you any closer to your answer.
      [CENTER]i55.tinypic.com/ftn68p.jpg
      [SIZE=4]LOVE, PINK[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: coincidence? i think not..

i'm not all that convinced it has anything to do with you, but the first thing i did think when you mentioned the next day he broke up with her was that you telling him that was in the back of his mind a driving force perhaps.
      It could have just confused him and he broke up with her, and now he's thinking about what to do.
      But for the moment, just act however you normally would in my opinion. If he likes you back and that is why he broke up with her, he'll let you know somehow.
      Good luck
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]