alcohol consumption

• Re: alcohol consumption

amando96 wrote:

I seriously don't get why people drink 'till they pass out, throw up, wake up, throw up more, and have a huge headache the next day, not exactly my idea of "fun"...

I suppose a drink every now an then is fun, chat for a while with mates and all...

We drinkers have our reasons, some, sadder than you can possibly imagine. But as Morphine says, your liver isn't going to fail from occasional drinking. Hammered, yeah. And the next morning one's ass feels like it's going to drop off.

The problem lies with long-term, habitual drinking. Many have social reasons in getting drunk, one of which is using alcohol to mask shyness and avoidence of peer pressure among their friends. And there are quite a few advance members here who would secretly admit it. And the frightening thing is they're blissfully unaware livers are going to cause problems sooner rather than later.

I have a drink problem, but because I am strong, resist drinking. This also is because I drive and can't afford to lose my licence, let alone lose my lovely Jaguar XF. Alcoholism can easily happen, as I've found out all too well two years ago. Except it doesn't have to be like that, because drinking sensibly and in moderation is the key.

There are probably hundreds of threads like the OP's. Just wish that someone reading them would somehow listen up and take onboard what's been said.

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.
    • Re: alcohol consumption

I drink a lot at parties, but not much at all when i'm not at a party.
      Usually I'll have 5-10 cans of either cider or beer as well as half a bottle of vodka mixed with whatever i can find. Personally I'm quite good with alcohol, I never get sick and I can always control myself. I think it's really down to each individual as to how much they should drink.
      If it's affecting you in a bad way then cut down.. otherwise I would say there is nothing wrong with the level that you are drinking.
      Zak