Accepting Christ.

• Re: Accepting Christ.

Cyndaquil wrote:

Jesus did exist.

Do your research.

I hate it when people come here saying " Oh. IFF Jesus existed.... Jesus never existed. Jesus was fictional." And spout stuff about evidence( not that you did, but I still hate it.) when they can't even realize that most if not all historians believe that Jesus was a real person, and have even found his tomb.

I dont know if he existed. I dont exactly consider the Bible a reliable source, but I dont want to say that there is absolutely zero chance that he did exist. Sorry to piss you off..
      "The real strong have no need to prove it to the phonies."

As a child, I was brought up the fact that Jesus was my lord and savior. We weren't "hardcore" Christians in my family, but I had the foundational values of Christianity built in me. Remembering back, I think I only believed it because I was told if I didn't, I would be going to hell and I would be looked down upon by my peers. While growing up, I realized I had to speak for myself and rejected Jesus as my lord and savior at age 17. While I do have faith there is some sort of creator, I am not an atheist. I prefer the term Agnostic.
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Wormwood wrote:

I dont know if he existed. I dont exactly consider the Bible a reliable source, but I dont want to say that there is absolutely zero chance that he did exist. Sorry to piss you off..

I am not even taking it out of the bible right now ( which is right. )

Evidence has been found that he did indeed exist. Science proved that he existed already. It's not a matter of belief in him anymore, he DID exist. It's proven.

What people are questioning now is his divinity. Not his existence. He did exist, he did teach, he was crucified, and people followed his teachings. Even some Jews said he was a wise teacher.

My god have you people even heard of the Historian Tacticus who even mentions him? Or how bout butt fucking Nero.

We have over 22,000 early copies of ancient New Testament manuscripts! Some papyri manuscripts date to the first century, within a few decades of when the original was written. There are over 5,600 ancient Greek manuscripts. Over 9,000 Latin Vulgate manuscripts. And over 8,000 ancient manuscripts in Ethiopic, Slavic and Armenian. The earliest copies date so close to when the originals were written that the time difference is essentially non-existent.

We have papyri copies containing portions of the Gospels, the book of Acts, Paul's letters and the book of Hebrews made in the first, second and third centuries. The Chester Beatty Biblical Papyri date to about the year 200. The M. Martin Bodmer Papyri also date to about the year 200. The Saint John's Library Papyri -- containing a portion of the book of John -- was made in Egypt and dates to between the years 98 and 130 AD (The book of John was written in approximately 90 AD).

Numbers of copies: No other ancient historical documents come even close to being available in such large numbers (the Iliad is second with 650 copies) as is the New Testament.

Closeness to the originials in time: No other ancient historical documents are available in copies made so soon after the originals were written. (Most other documents are available only in copies made over 1000 years after the original.)

Archeology: Archeology has never contradicted anything in the Bible and has confirmed much of the Bible.
      The conclusion: based on the number of copies, and their closeness in time to the originals, the New Testament has ample support for its accuracy.

Archeology: Archeology has never contradicted anything in the Bible and has confirmed much of the Bible.
      The conclusion: based on the number of copies, and their closeness in time to the originals, the New Testament has ample support for its accuracy.

EVEN THE RIB THAT GOD TOOK FROM ADAM IS HISTORICALLY AND ANATOMICALLY CORRECT PEOPLE!

One of the best known references to Jesus is in Josephus's history titled Antiquities. (Flavius Josephus was born in AD 37 and died in AD 97).
      Other ancient writers who mention Christ are Cornelius Tacitus (AD 55-120), Gaius Suetonius Tranquillas (secretary to Emperor Hadrian (AD 117-138), and Pliny the Younger who was a Roman author and administrator.
      Writting in the year AD 221, Julius Africanus quotes from a history of the Eastern Mediterranean written in about AD 52 by Thallus. Julius Africanus writes concerning the time of Jesus' crucifixion::

Even the old emperors denote his existence and explained the arguement that if he were kept alive he would stir revolts, as if he was kept dead he'd also stir revolts with his followers.

I believe in God, and it' not because my parents brought me that way. I don't really go to church or read the bible. I was never told if I didnt believe in God i would go to hell. But I think the only reason i'm alive was because God was watching out for me. And I know it sounds stupid to some of you, i don't really care. im ok if you don't believe in God. But I have so many things to be thankful for.
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

BlackAngel wrote:

Something that is really sad in this world, is that people like you guys would care to post on this topic only to make jokes and pick on other people because of what they believe.

...Pretty sure I wasn't doing that.

BlackAngel wrote:

It's really harsh and oh yea... immature.

Stating my opinion is immature? If my opinion offends you that's your problem, not mine.
      And for the record, I make jokes where jokes are appropriate.

BlackAngel wrote:

Just cause you don't have the same beliefs that doesn't give you the right to come on here and make fun of other people.

So I don't have the right to say what I want, when I want, how I want and to who I want?

suckmylollipop wrote:

What was that? I mean was that an honest statement or were you trying to troll or what?

GTFO :)

I don't see how that was supposed to be a dishonest statement.

jerry wrote:

I believe in God, and it' not because my parents brought me that way. I don't really go to church or read the bible. I was never told if I didnt believe in God i would go to hell. But I think the only reason i'm alive was because God was watching out for me. And I know it sounds stupid to some of you, i don't really care. im ok if you don't believe in God. But I have so many things to be thankful for.

You realize that that's actually not evidence for anything, right? I'm not trying to be a dick here, but I want to know how you having specific events in your life directly correlates to god existing. Your claim is no different then 'invisible altruistic fairies', and it's just as likely they were responsible for the events that lead you to believe in a god.
      [CENTER]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

The post was edited 2 times, last by ByTor190 ().

ByTor190 wrote:

I don't need to accept god*, god* needs to accept me.

* No god(s) exist.
      Thank you for this valuable and enlightening information. I'm sure the OP welcomes information that is completely contrary to what they were asking.

Wormwood wrote:

Yet it is ok for Christians and members of other religions to persecute and force their beliefs onto other people because they all need to be "saved"?
      If Jesus even existed at all, I think he would be disgusted by what Christianity(and the world in general) has become.
      If Jesus existed?

OnEMesSduPKiD wrote:

That is no 100% solid proof that he did exist, or that he at least was what the bible told him to be. The bible doesn't count as factual evidence.
      You do realize that there is evidence, outside the New Testament, for the historical existence of Jesus, right? Other prophets around the time of Jesus, such as Simon Magus, Appolonius, Mithras, among others all have documented evidence of their existence, as does Jesus. The heart of the debate is whether or not Jesus is divine and whether or not he is the son of God, not whether Jesus actually existed.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

Thank you for this valuable and enlightening information. I'm sure the OP welcomes information that is completely contrary to what they were asking.

I won't let people live in a bubble, no matter how nice it seems to them. I'm also somewhat against people congregating solely for the purpose of patting each other on the back.
      Soz(?)
      [CENTER]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

ByTor190 wrote:

I won't let people live in a bubble, no matter how nice it seems to them. I'm also somewhat against people congregating solely for the purpose of patting each other on the back.
      Soz(?)
      Oooh, you're just trying to stop people from living in a bubble...that makes MUCH more sense. I'm terribly sorry, I hadn't realized that it was your ethical duty to reign sovereign over how other people wish to live their lives.

You really shouldn't try to flatter your ego so much.

Steven wrote:

Are you so ignorant that you expect everyone to be Christian?
      Oh definitely. I'm sure the OP is completely and utterly unaware that there are billions of people who aren't Christian; it's almost impossible not to miss that small detail. (I hope you caught the satire in that)

Highly ironic how you claim the OP to be ignorant, and then make such an asinine statement.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

Oooh, you're just trying to stop people from living in a bubble...that makes MUCH more sense. I'm terribly sorry, I hadn't realized that it was your ethical duty to reign sovereign over how other people wish to live their lives.

First of all, it's got very little to do with me. Second, you would, and I'd bet my money you have, done the exact same thing under different or perhaps similar circumstances. Are you telling me that you voice opposition to nothing to their perspective groups in fear of seeming condescending/pompous?

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

I'm terribly sorry, I hadn't realized that it was your ethical duty to reign sovereign over how other people wish to live their lives.

Just a thing called society.

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

You really shouldn't try to flatter your ego so much

When it's so monstrously and gigantically large as it is, it practically flatters itself.
      [CENTER]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by ByTor190 ().

ByTor190 wrote:

First of all, it's got very little to do with me. Second, you would, and I'd bet my money you have, done the exact same thing under different or perhaps similar circumstances.
      If someone says something I find illogical, I step in. I don't, however, have the impulse to go into threads and make irrelevant comments just to piss people off.

It's blatantly obvious that the OP was asking people of a religious nature about their faith; she wasn't asking people to come in with the intent of saying "God doesn't exist" or "God needs to accept me." (as if a god needs to accept anybody; I guess that's just your ego bloating again, eh?)

Don't even try the "you do it too" card.

ByTor190 wrote:

Are you telling me that you voice opposition to nothing to their perspective groups in fear of seeming condescending/pompous?.
      ...huh?

ByTor190 wrote:

Just a thing called society.
      ...huh?

ByTor190 wrote:

When it's so monstrously and gigantically large as it is, it practically flatters itself.
      :thumbsup:
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ByTor190 wrote:

Soz(?)

This is meant to be a discussion though, not a debate.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]♥[/SIZE][SIZE=3]♠[/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=2]♣[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=1]♦[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE=3][SIZE=1]♦[/SIZE][SIZE=2]♣[/SIZE]♠[/SIZE][SIZE=4]♥[/SIZE]

Nick and Kris on Skype. wrote:

[7:16:21 PM] Nick: kris, i'm martha stewart.
      [7:18:37 PM] Kris: oh really? lol
      [7:18:43 PM] Kris: how was prison?
      [7:18:47 PM] Nick: hot.
      [/CENTER]

To Steven:

Excuse me but, no I am not ignorant enough to believe that everyone is Christian or even has the same religious beliefs. Of course people follow, accept, and view things differently, especially something as huge of a topic as religion. Since I am a Christian and did ask a question concerning those who have accepted God into their life, I expected other Christians to answer that question. Or even those who didnt accept him. Maybe you shouldnt take it so personally as to believe that I am ignorant enough to others with different beliefs. I have beliefs of my own, which is why I asked the question I did and it just happens to be the belief of Christianity.

The post was edited 1 time, last by saraaah789 ().