Why do parents come up with stupid reasons??

• Why do parents come up with stupid reasons??

So my parents are pretty cool most of the time..
      However, a lot of my friends have parents who are way too strict a lot of the time... One of my friends asked her mom if a couple of friends could come over and watch a movie for a couple of hours or something. Her mom plainly refused and when asked why said, "Because it's monday."
      Why? I don't see the logic and tbh it makes me rather pissed off when people do pointless things for no reason...
    • Re: Why do parents come up with stupid reasons??

What blastoise said makes sense. My parents aren't strict but will get irked if I keep them up when they have to work.

It's a much better excuse than "because I said so." ;) I just think it's bad when parents are too extreme in any one direction, like not letting their kid out at all even though he's 17, or thinking their baby is the perfect little angel when in reality, their 'baby' is addicted to weed and drunk most of the time.

Because they have kids who always need answers to everything and the answers always have to be satisfactory to them.
      I'm sure it gets old having to provide a reason that a hormone ridden,angsty teen will accept when they want something and can't have it.
      [CENTER][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Shonna[/SIZE][SIZE=2]| 21 years old | Ontario, Canada | Private Investigator
      Kraft Photography[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Blastoise wrote:

Monday is a decent reason, she may not want the hassle of hosting people if she has to work.

She doesn't work..
      But yeah, fair enough I didn't think about that.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Kerosene wrote:

Because they have kids who always need answers to everything and the answers always have to be satisfactory to them.
      I'm sure it gets old having to provide a reason that a hormone ridden,angsty teen will accept when they want something and can't have it.

Yeah I get what you're saying. But you're also generalising teenagers into one entity. The vast majority of my friends are not angsty or angry or have sudden mood swings like what most people associate with them.