Obama and the oil spill

• Obama and the oil spill

Ive been hearing alot of people say lately that Obama should do you know more about the oil spill in the Gulf. Well i think that Obama did not create the oil spill number 1. Number 2 if you want to see something done get on your ass to do your part. A 3 Obama is one man he does not grant wishes and he isnt god so stop putting the blame on someone who had nothing to do with this from the beginning? Also he doesnt work solo he has a cabinet he consulst with. So let me know what you guys think. I accept all answers if i agree or disagree :p:D
    • Re: Obama and the oil spill

Everything is Obama's fault, everything will be his fault, the repubicans will make sure he fails, because the democrats are in office, and I'm sure the fact that he's black isn't helping.
      [FONT="System"][SIZE="4"]I find it funny that thing that built me up,
      is the same thing that broke me down.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Number 2 is invalid as they do not allow volunteers to help clean up the oil spill along the coast and turn you away if you attempt to do so.

If we didn't have a government to sit here and push BP they'd be even slower than they are. It is bad enough that no one actually sat down and created an emergency plan to deal with this sort of thing. The government's job is to protect the nation and its people and just as with any national disaster it should be at the forefront of the rescue operations.
      Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind. ~Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason
      [CENTER]The greatest thing you'll ever learn
      Is just to Love
      And be Loved in return
      [/CENTER]

It's all Obama's fault! He secretly conspired with the British to blow up the well causing massive destruction to the Gulf because he wanted to retaliate against George Bush for blowing up the levees allowing Katrina to hurt all the black people. Obama is a racist! He hates whites.

This whole oil spill was also secretly planned by the Democrats to destroy the economy in order to "take control" and grow the government into every aspect of our lives. They want to plunge the nation into an economic tailspin and then "come to our rescue" demonstrating how much they are needed. Then they will justify taxing you into oblivion so they can continue spending for their own selfish power grab, Pelosi's $60,000 per trip jets, hypocrit Gore's mansions and energy depleting extravaganzas, all while discarding the needs of the people.

Then they are going to set off earthquakes around the country to undermine and sabotage more whites at key election districts ensuring their place in power, engaging the Black Panthers to intimidate at all other polls, hiring Reverend Wright and his crew to incite white hatred in America, the revival of the KKK and other supremacist organizations creating coalitions to consistently derail the white voter. There, you see? The oil spill is all about racism against white America!

Mr. Envy wrote:

Everything is Obama's fault, everything will be his fault, the repubicans will make sure he fails, because the democrats are in office, and I'm sure the fact that he's black isn't helping.

That's very true, and I'm glad someone is pointing this out. It's not to say that most American's are racist, but I do believe that there are some who take his race into account when forming their opinions.

Personally, I think that the president was caught in a tricky political situation. Yes, he is only one human being. However, I doubt the average American can accurately list off the names of the staff members, managers, and coordinators that are physically responsible for the oil spill clean-up. It's far more convenient to go after the president.

But I mean really, it's not like the US government has given a reason for us to be confident in its ability to handle disasters.

BarCa_FReaK wrote:

He has all the homie's on his side though dawg.

:nono:
      [SIZE=2]Your Favorite Lovable Mascot: ZAPFOX! :poke:[/SIZE]
      [CENTER]Stop Military Rape!
      [/CENTER]

JimmySnakeHead wrote:

It's all Obama's fault! He secretly conspired with the British to blow up the well causing massive destruction to the Gulf because he wanted to retaliate against George Bush for blowing up the levees allowing Katrina to hurt all the black people. Obama is a racist! He hates whites.

This whole oil spill was also secretly planned by the Democrats to destroy the economy in order to "take control" and grow the government into every aspect of our lives. They want to plunge the nation into an economic tailspin and then "come to our rescue" demonstrating how much they are needed. Then they will justify taxing you into oblivion so they can continue spending for their own selfish power grab, Pelosi's $60,000 per trip jets, hypocrit Gore's mansions and energy depleting extravaganzas, all while discarding the needs of the people.

Then they are going to set off earthquakes around the country to undermine and sabotage more whites at key election districts ensuring their place in power, engaging the Black Panthers to intimidate at all other polls, hiring Reverend Wright and his crew to incite white hatred in America, the revival of the KKK and other supremacist organizations creating coalitions to consistently derail the white voter. There, you see? The oil spill is all about racism against white America!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jamel wrote:

Ive been hearing alot of people say lately that Obama should do you know more about the oil spill in the Gulf. Well i think that Obama did not create the oil spill number 1. Number 2 if you want to see something done get on your ass to do your part. A 3 Obama is one man he does not grant wishes and he isnt god so stop putting the blame on someone who had nothing to do with this from the beginning? Also he doesnt work solo he has a cabinet he consulst with. So let me know what you guys think. I accept all answers if i agree or disagree :p:D

I agree man. Obama didn't create the oil spill and doesn't have any trade in fixing oil rigs. Therefore, it's not his problem. What's he suppose to do about it? I swear, people either blame their problems on God or the president. People need to start taking responsibility for their own lives.

xNerRadx wrote:

I agree man. Obama didn't create the oil spill and doesn't have any trade in fixing oil rigs. Therefore, it's not his problem. What's he suppose to do about it? I swear, people either blame their problems on God or the president. People need to start taking responsibility for their own lives.

Pretty much agreed. The president isn't to blame for this at all.. shit happens. He took action and told BP that there 100% responsible for the spill and the government isn't paying for it. BP has spent around 3 billion dollars for the spill.

I think it should be noted that there is a lot of government legislation and regulations that not only contributed to the actual oil spill, but the negative outcomes of said spill. Now I"m sure that little if any of this can be directly attributed to Obama, but unless he actually tried to eliminate it I don't think you can totally absolve him of blame.

Frosty wrote:

I think it should be noted that there is a lot of government legislation and regulations that not only contributed to the actual oil spill, but the negative outcomes of said spill. Now I"m sure that little if any of this can be directly attributed to Obama, but unless he actually tried to eliminate it I don't think you can totally absolve him of blame.

This is true, but how can the president be completely aware of all of the legislation currently on the books? It took a disaster like this for people to even become aware that certain laws opened up the possibility of a catastrophic oil spill. Plus, the bureaucracy of the executive branch is so complex, that I see the same problem with any president being constantly aware of its operation. I agree that our government cannot shed all blame, but Congress is far more guilty than the president in the case of legislation, and those in charge of executive regulation of the oil industry are probably the most to blame.
      [SIZE=2]Your Favorite Lovable Mascot: ZAPFOX! :poke:[/SIZE]
      [CENTER]Stop Military Rape!
      [/CENTER]

Frosty wrote:

You complained about this outlandish idea before but never brought up evidence. In one of the least regulated industries around I can't understand how over regulation has brought about the issue. If anything it is under regulation that caused it. The Mineral Management Service Agency who oversees oil rigs had never inspected anything themselves and allowed BP to do their own corporate inspection on good faith, because corporations are always trustworthy. The lack of work from the MMSA was covered shortly after the gulf oil disaster and in truth I can see that being a failure in government oversight. However, the idea that less of the non-existent oversight which lead to the disaster being the cure for the disaster makes no sense to me.
      Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind. ~Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason
      [CENTER]The greatest thing you'll ever learn
      Is just to Love
      And be Loved in return
      [/CENTER]

DeaExMachina wrote:

You complained about this outlandish idea before but never brought up evidence. In one of the least regulated industries around I can't understand how over regulation has brought about the issue. If anything it is under regulation that caused it. The Mineral Management Service Agency who oversees oil rigs had never inspected anything themselves and allowed BP to do their own corporate inspection on good faith, because corporations are always trustworthy. The lack of work from the MMSA was covered shortly after the gulf oil disaster and in truth I can see that being a failure in government oversight. However, the idea that less of the non-existent oversight which lead to the disaster being the cure for the disaster makes no sense to me.

Frosty wrote:

United States Code Title 43, Chapter 29, Subchapter 3, 1337 (2)

Drilling within 3 miles of the coast is subject to state taxation on top of any other taxes, making a tax incentive to drill further offshore in more dangerious waters.

In addition, the Oil pollution Act of 1990 limits liability to $75 million in the case of spills, eliminating much of the incentive to avoid risky wells that would exist had the government not arbitrarily capped liability.

Also, as for it being unregulated, United States Code Title 43, Chapter 29, Subchapter 3, 1347 states:

Yep. No evidence whatsoever. Not to mention Clinton's Deepwater Royalty Relief Act which gave tax incentives to produce at deeper levels.