Long Distance Relationships and sex.

• Long Distance Relationships and sex.

okay, heres my sitch.

Im currently in a long distance relationship with my bf. Hes 18, Im almost 18.
      Anyway, hes coming up to see me this weekend. We've kinda been talking a bit more about sex recently, and although I know it comes down to us and being ready, I just want other opinions on the matter. Heres the main info:

I've known him for about 8 months.
      The last 5 months we have tawked to each other every single night for around 5 hours, and txt all day.
      We have been going out officially for 2 months.
      BUT
      This weekend will only be the second time I've seen him.

So even though I feel like I've known him all my life, and have been talking to him so much via phone and msn, should we hold off with sex until I have spent more time in person with him? Or do you think the time spent talking on the phone/msn is sufficent?

TIA
    • Re: Long Distance Relationships and sex.

My boyfriend and i are long distance. We are 45 minutes away. It might not be long, but for 2 people with no travel dependency, its hard.

We see eachother from once a month to possibily once a fortnight. When we met, i decided to take it slow and be friends for a while. We started dating a month and a half later.. and had sex 3 weeks in. It didnt affect us at all, but if you dont see him often as we do it might be harder if something between you happens.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER] Cassie: Do you remember when you rode with me in the ambulance after I tried to kill myself?
      Jal
      : Of course.

Cassie
      : That's what love feels like.
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4]I Love You Dylan[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [SIZE=3]♥[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

omg this is like the exact same story as mine, i met my gf when both of us were on holidays last year, and we stated talking on msn on the phone etc, for about 8 months, and then she came over to see me for a week it would have only been our 2nd time seeing each other, we were basically going out for the 2 months before she arrived and we had sex, and we are still long distance, and it is sooo hard, but in our case we both were ready, we both loved each other, and we have absolutely no regrets, i think you will know when you see him if you are 100% ready, but if you are not please dont rush into things, if he cares about you, he will wait, soo many people rush into sex without thinking and especially if it is the persons first time, soo many people end up regretting it, we cant really answer this for you, you will know in your heart.
      i hope this helped a bit, i hope everything goes ok and this has a good end to the the story, best of luck.

If I were in the situation I would probably hold off on sex, MAYBE do other things, but I'm not sure. Even though you guys talk a lot. It would probably be best if you wait til you start hanging out with him more in person.

But then again you have been talking to him for some time now, i just get unsure when it comes to this type of thing, because of him only wanting one thing you know?

do what you feel is right! :)
      xO, Whitney

03.29.10 :D

It completely depends on if you're ready. If you are, I don't see anything wrong with it. Some people have sex when they don't know each other at all, so 8 months is definitely sufficient if you feel it is.

Personally, I'd probably spend more time with him first, if you've only seen him once there's a lot more you can get to know about each other in person. I wouldn't make the decision until you're with him and you'll better be able to judge how you feel about it. It doesn't have to be planned, it can be spontaneous!

how big of a drive is it?

I think its all up to you, if you feel ready then go for it, have you cybered or done stuff on webcam before?

If you feel ready and you really want to have sex with him, go for it, make it fun, take your time to teach eachother all the things you love, dont rush it :)
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

thanks guys =]
      i think i had kinda already decided, just wanted reassurance :P

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Kevmo7 wrote:

how big of a drive is it?

I think its all up to you, if you feel ready then go for it, have you cybered or done stuff on webcam before?

If you feel ready and you really want to have sex with him, go for it, make it fun, take your time to teach eachother all the things you love, dont rush it :)

Driven, i have no idea. But Auckland - ChCh :P
      (me being in Auckland, the best place ever :P)

Kevmo7 wrote:

wow lol um get him to fly up thats for sure hhahahaha, way way cheaper than driving, be like 14 hours to drive from christchurch to auckland MINUS the time it takes to take the fary, yeah I love auckland, im in north shore city, best place ever ;)

Yeah he flew, haha. Bit of a long road trip alone :P
      Yuussss!! haha Im pretty much on the shore every weekend =D But live North more.

I don't think they work out. I tried a couple times but people don't really have that much trust for other people. The only problem is the whole trust issue. If you really like this person, then maybe you should have the long distance relationship.
      Link(s) removed by staff member
      [size=1]A minimum of 50 posts is required before links (excluding TeenHut.net) may be posted in signatures. Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines to prevent further action(s).[/size]

Depends, have you had sex before? If so, I'd say go for it. If not, then I'd say no. There is A LOT you don't know about him and I'm sure you've never felt purely on the fact that you don't spend physical time with him. A person can be anyone they want on the internet, fix their mistakes before they happen, or keep things from you they don't want you to know. If you still have your virginity I wouldn't give it up to someone you don't know, because that's basically what you'd be doing.