Pregnant with his kid...

• Pregnant with his kid...

I have been on birth control for 6 years now and so I never used a condom, well.....it bit me in the butt after I realized I had not been getting my period for 5 months now...I sort of just figured it was the pill, but anyways I went to my doctor today to see what exactly was going on and she told me I was 6 flipping months pregnant, but not only that, the baby is not growing properly in the whom and there could be a lot of defects at birth!! ;( :'(. Seeing how I know who the father is I just cannot tell him simply because it is my brothers good friend :|...if my family found out it was from him they would flip!! I can tell my mom everything, but in this situation definitely not..I am a little lost on what to do and I told my doctor about my situation so she offered me this number of doula services...which I still do not even get fully, but my question for you TH is if you were in my situation what exactly would you do? I know if I even told my brothers friend he would just laugh and never talk to me again, my brother would basically disown me and my parents will kill me and probably kick me out! Do these doula services work or is there a better solution? I am really lost on what to do......someone please help me!!
    • Re: Pregnant with his kid...

I think in this situation, most parents would flip -- I know mine would. But I don't think they would kick you out. In my opinion, the best thing to do is to tell them, no matter how hard that is to do.

If you're not ready to take care of a baby you could always put it up for adoption. I'm not sure about abortion at 6 months, it's likely possible but your baby is no longer a tiny little embryo, it's a fetus, and I think even at 6 months babies can be born and still have a chance of surviving.

You could contact doula services or planned parenthood or whatever other help places like that are in your area. Consider all your options, but if you don't choose an abortion, the pregnancy is going to be increasingly more difficult to hide, and you have to make sure you're taking care of yourself in order to allow the baby to grow properly and prevent any further birth defects, if there are any.

Well, my mom already said if get pregnant at a young age do not think of ever coming back home...so I am really lost there. I eventually will have to tell them I am just so scared. I am def not ready to take care of a baby...I have my whole life a head of me...That is what my doctor said that no one would want to treat you because it is so close...so no matter what I have to have this kid. Thanks for your support.....I have to get someone to help me

Well first of all, you are 19. There are allot of people that start having kids at that age. Other wanne enjoy there lives a bit longer. So I think what your parents ment by 'young' is anything below 18years.

The unfortunate thing now is ofcourse that you noticed so late and that the father wont be there for you. How much chances are there for the kid to be healthy? If its a normal baby you could try a adoption without many or any people knowing about it in your neighbourhood.

As a young mom myself (i'm 19, almost 20 & have an 11 month old daughter).... I can understand where you are coming from. It's totally normal to be scared in your situation. Honestly, I think the first thing you need to do is tell your mom. I know you said that your mom told you if you get pregnant at a young age.... not to come back home. BUT, there are a lot of parents out there who say those kinds of things just to discourage their children from getting pregnant. If you & your mom have a good relationship, which it sounds like you do, you really do need to tell her because if you don't tell her now.... she is still going to find out sometime. I think any parent would be very hurt if their child hid a pregnancy from them until the baby was born, you know. Don't take what i'm saying the wrong way.... it is completely up to you what you do. That's just what I think. Also, since you've been on birth control for 6 years, you have obviously taken precautions so that you didn't get pregnant, which should mean something to your family. Sometimes things just happen. Hey, sometimes things are even meant to be.

The next question you need to asking yourself is, do you want to keep this baby or put it up for adoption? Having a baby is a BIG responsibility.... it really does change everything. There are many rewards being a mom, but there are also many trials. That is something you really need to consider. Are you ready to be a mom, right now? Adoption is really hard, but in some cases I do believe that it is best for the child. It just depends on you & what you want.

Like I said, I hope you don't take any of this the wrong way.... I just want to help! If you ever want someone to talk to who is a young mother, i'm here.

I wish you the very best of luck with everything!
      [CENTER][SIZE=2]"You never know how much you'll miss something until it's gone, Charish every day you have with everyone you love most, Because although you have today, You may not have tomorrow,"[/SIZE][/CENTER]

A baby now would ruin your life. I would reccomend either giving it away, or having an abortion. Of course that whole thing about birth defects could ruin the first option. The truth is you made a mistake, but you can erase it. If you don't do something you'll be feeling the effects of that mistake your entire life.

I hope you figure something out.

A baby now would ruin your life. I would reccomend either giving it away, or having an abortion. Of course that whole thing about birth defects could ruin the first option. The truth is you made a mistake, but you can erase it. If you don't do something you'll be feeling the effects of that mistake your entire life.

I hope you figure something out

I'm not even sure if it is possible to have an abortion at that late in a pregnancy.... I also don't think that a baby "ruins" anyones life. A baby is a little miracle lol. Just my thoughts....

I am 100% against abortion in most cases, because the baby, although not born yet is still a little life. In my opinion.... it deserves a chance. However, what you do is still completely up to you in the end. I'd really recommend considering adoption before abortion, though. At lease the baby would have a chance at life that way & there are so many people out there who cannot have children, who would love to adopt a baby more than anything. Just remember.... adoption is a really difficult desicion too.

Just.... don't let anyone pressure you, though. In the end, you do whatever you feel is best & again, best of luck!
      [CENTER][SIZE=2]"You never know how much you'll miss something until it's gone, Charish every day you have with everyone you love most, Because although you have today, You may not have tomorrow,"[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Dangels wrote:

I'm not even sure if it is possible to have an abortion at that late in a pregnancy.... I also don't think that a baby "ruins" anyones life. A baby is a little miracle lol. Just my thoughts....

I am 100% against abortion in most cases, because the baby, although not born yet is still a little life. In my opinion.... it deserves a chance. However, what you do is still completely up to you in the end. I'd really recommend considering adoption before abortion, though. At lease the baby would have a chance at life that way & there are so many people out there who cannot have children, who would love to adopt a baby more than anything. Just remember.... adoption is a really difficult desicion too.

Just.... don't let anyone pressure you, though. In the end, you do whatever you feel is best & again, best of luck!

Well she is nearly too late for an abortion anyway; 24 weeks is about the limit for having it done. But honestly I don't belive babies have a soul at this point. If people don't have abortions there will be more teen parents who have to throw their dreams away because of a mistake, and this country can't afford that. How can someone establish a career as a single parent? Babies need two parents, two parents who can support it, two parents who have taken much time to plan for having a baby.

And for the OP.

Do not keep this baby out of guilt. Think things through business like, not with your emotions. Do what is best for you, not some baby.

I'd like to offer my advice. Since you are already 6 months along, you only have a short time to go, so what would it hurt you to have this baby and put it up for adoption. Abortion is wrong on so many levels. Babies do have souls before they're born. Refer to the Bible on that one. And I know women and men who aborted their babies when they were younger and they carry that guilt with them forever. Don't do that to yourself. You will feel worse about yourself than you already do.

There are a lot of people who want to adopt. Some people are so desperate to adopt that they go around the world to get babies. Give a childless couple the chance to be parents. The baby would be much better off alive and in a family than never getting to take its first breath.

My mother found out she was pregnant with me when she was almost 50 yrs old. The doctor tried to make her abort me but she wouldn't do it. Thanks Mom!

You need to talk to your mother about all this. She may be mad at first, but she will get over it. I know several girls who got pregnant way younger than you who were freaked out about telling their moms and it went way better than they thought. Just get it over with. The longer you wait, the worse of a shock it will be for her.

Good luck. I'll be praying for you!
      Link(s) removed by staff member
      [size=1]A minimum of 50 posts is required before links (excluding TeenHut.net) may be posted in signatures. Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines to prevent further action(s).[/size]

tell your parents. they'll find out. just get it over with.
      have the baby, and if you HONESTLY can't take care of it (and i mean that you can't, not that you don't want to) give it up for adoption.
      [SIZE="1"][FONT="Courier"][COLOR="Pink"][RIGHT]not all sharks are in the water, dear.[/RIGHT][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]