flirtings not cheating.... right?

• flirtings not cheating.... right?

ok so my cusin introduced me to her guy fren last year threw text an of course I didn't think anything of it, well about 3 month ago he randomly texts me jus askin who I was so I told him an then that was about it then a couple weeks ago he texts me again jus sayin hi an introducin himself an stuff. so we end up talkin for hours over the past couple weeks jus a frens, then he starts to get all flirty an stuff an at the time he didn't hav a gf an then I stopped txtn him for a while then about 2 days ago I txt him an again he's all flirty so I Start flirtin back, then I remebered he mentiond sumthin about not givin this chik her bday present, so I ask him if he ever got to an he jus says um wut chik? my gf? I had no idea he had one or else I wudda never start flirtin back.
      ok so anyways las night we stayd up to 3 am txtn an he kept tellin me how he was thinking of breaking up with his gf an he likes flirting with me but he thinks it's cheating
      so I kno I babbled on an on but I jus wantd u guys to hav alittle more detail
      ok so basically my question is, is flirting with someone cheating?
      [COLOR="Sienna"]Tale as Old as Time, [/COLOR]
      [COLOR="SandyBrown"]Song as Old as Rhyme,[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="Yellow"]Beauty and the Beast[/COLOR]:lovey:
    • Re: flirtings not cheating.... right?

Teegz2192 wrote:

Well if you were in a relationship and your boyfriend started flirting with someone else how would you feel? Honestly.

I don't think it's cheating. Sometimes I flirt just for fun. it's like playful flirting. but it's not like i expect something serious to come out of it, it's just having fun imo.

But when you actually have feelings for that person, like he's having for her. then it starts to become a problem.
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

Flirting is breaking the commitment you hold to one person and one person only. (Unless it's an open relationship of sorts).
      [CENTER]R.I.P Captain Jack Sparrow, 13/3/09[/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]You did it, beautiful.<3[/CENTER]
      formspring.me/Asperitas <- Don't be a fgt. It makes you look bad.
      [RIGHT]omygaga.tumblr.com/ <-Blog of godlike proportions.
      [/RIGHT]

My girlfriend flirts with nearly every guy she sees.

God help her if she ever gets drunk in college. Well... God help me actually I guess.

But, to the point, doesn't bother me so much... anymore. She hasn't broken up with me yet so its whatever. As for you... just do whatever. If he is thinking of breaking up with her now it is going to happen at some point no matter what, with or without you to flirt with.

So, doesn't matter. What's that? Teenage relationships not mattering? Why, that's just crazy talk.

Also I guess I am going to be the one to point out that it honestly hurt my eyes to read your original post. No biggie... but still.
      [LEFT][SIZE=1][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE][/LEFT]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Shute ().

thx for the posts
      I pretty much told him wut was up an he got kinda mad, idk y bolut anyways were jus frens:)
      thx again:)
      [COLOR="Sienna"]Tale as Old as Time, [/COLOR]
      [COLOR="SandyBrown"]Song as Old as Rhyme,[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="Yellow"]Beauty and the Beast[/COLOR]:lovey:

All my girlfriend does is flirt with other guys, i used to be ok with it, but its starting to do my head in, as a matter of fact, im considering ending a 2 year relationship at the moment purely because i dont trust her because all she does is hang out with guys who openly fancy her, without me i might add, and flirt with em, shes even fallen out with her best mate by flirting with her boyfriend....

So yeh, some people might say its not cheating, i dont consider it cheating, what i consider it is annoying, well, actually, it drives me nuts.....

Cheating is subjective.
      Would you want your boyfriend/girlfriend to find out you've been flirting?
      Would you care if they knew exactly what you were saying to this other guy?
      Would your significant other care that you said these things to other people?
      Would YOU care if you found out your girlfriend/boyfriend had been saying those things to another girl?

If you answer yes to any of these, you shouldn't be doing it.
      [CENTER][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Shonna[/SIZE][SIZE=2]| 21 years old | Ontario, Canada | Private Investigator
      Kraft Photography[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Personally I don't give a damn if my girlfriend playfully flirts with other guys. She is a very attractive individual and I know when I'm not with her guys are constantly approaching her, and I don't expect her to be a asshole and just ignore every guy that talks to her. I have enough trust in my girlfriend to playfully flirt with guys as long as she has no emotions for them. I actually think it improves are relationship because she won't get bored with me, and notices that I'm more manly and attractive then any other guy out there and I'm the best thing for her. I may playfully flirt with other girls myself but at the end of the day she's the only girl in my arms.

It depends on your relationship. It is the kind of thing you should discuss openly with your partner and decide how far you're comfortable with. Most of my friends are girls and I've always been really good at talking to girls and I also enjoy flirting. However both my girlfriend and I flirt with other people and since we're both okay with it, who's it hurting?
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]"What we do in life echoes in ete[/SIZE][SIZE=3]rnity."[/SIZE]
      ~ Maximus from The Gladiator[/CENTER]