long distance relationship tips

• long distance relationship tips

I met a girl in New york. She's really awesome, she's pretty, she's fun and she understands me. We've been hanging out a lot since i've been in new york. She's amazing and I know she likes me too. I haven't stopped thinking about my ex gf since we broke up, but somehow, this girl makes the pain a little easier when I'm with her. We're just friends right now, but I want to take things further a bit with her. I'm thinking about asking her out, but the problem is, I live in Florida. Summer is gonna end, and my classes are gonna start soon. Ima be going back to Florida this Wednesday, so if I ask her out, I'm gonna be in a long distance relationship. I've been thinking about this through and we could only really see each other during holidays. I never wanted to be in a long distance relationship, but I really care for this girl and I don't want to lose her. Are long distance relationships actually worth it or should we just stay as friends?
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Papa Bear ().

• Re: long distance relationship tips

Well if you really do care for her then maybe you should try and ask her out and see where the relationship goes. See if you can handle not being able to see her for long periods of time. But don't forget this, that if you are a long distance away from each other, then she can cheat on you really easy without you ever knowing. It might not happen but still you want to be on alert so you can make sure that doesn't happen.

[SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]

If it's worth it to you, go for it. Long distance relationships are hard and you have to consider whether or not you can handle it. Only you can really decide whether it's best for you to just stay friends or take it further. Ask yourself if this is really something you want. You can't really predict how it will play out. If you think it's worth it to try, you'll just have to take a chance and run with it, see what happens. If both of you want it to work, you'll make it work. You'll figure things out along the way. Consider the circumstances, how real your feelings are, and if you can really see yourself being with her and making this work.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

You have to wonder what you exactly feel towards her. No asking her out doesn't mean losing her as you're friends. You should tell her she's important to you, and ask her to keep contact. Tell her about your feelings and speak about it together.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC]http://www.teenhut.net/signaturepics/sigpic80554_9.gif[/SIGPIC]

[RIGHT]:lovey: Jam is the best sister in the world :lovey:
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]

I've tried this, and it doesn't work. It makes you feel numb when you realise you can't go on dating them, but in the end you've just got to make sure you know what you're dealing with. She's going to want you so badly during the school times, and you're going to feel guilty. Ask yourself these questions;
      What are you going to do when she wants a cuddle 'cause she's upset?
      What are you going to do when she tells you she's longing for your kiss, but can't have it?
      What are you going to do when you need her because you feel lonely?

And most importantly, do you trust her?

Edit: Hey.. Actually, go for it. If you like her, and she likes you, you should be able to make it work. I'm just a Scrooge 'cause it didn't work out for me! Make the right fondations, and go get her! :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mrs. Frazer ().

Inappropriate wrote:

I've never been in one so I cannot really form an opinion, however, I've seen it work for others and those people seem to be extremely happy. I think it is definitely worth the while because you seem to really like this girl. GO FOR IT JERRY PEELNIS!

this.
      good luck man! :]
      [RIGHT]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/RIGHT]

So i have a friend who's in a long distance relationship (not as far as NYC to FL but still quite far) and they've made it work, here's just some stuff they seem to do.

They text quite a bit, like its as if she goes to the same school as him, they're always texting or on the phone to eachother or something, just keep yourselfs talking to eachother like :)
      They do like msn video calls and stuff, cause sometimes is not enough just to hear a voice like, video calls can be the next best thing to being with someone.
      He goes down to see her whenever he can, like at holidays or whatever he'll ask his parents if he can go up and he'll get a train or whatever and stay with her for the weekends and stuff like that.
      Another thing, which is something you gotta do in any relationship, but its even harder with long distance is... keep it fresh, you dont wana be just texting the same things or get into a routine with calls or whatever, you gotta keep it spontaneous and keep doing new and interesting things!

Hope I helped a bit ^__^

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Mrs. Lovely wrote:

Ask yourself these questions;
      What are you going to do when she wants a cuddle 'cause she's upset?
      What are you going to do when she tells you she's longing for your kiss, but can't have it?
      What are you going to do when you need her because you feel lonely?

And most importantly, do you trust her?

I agree with LJ here, you gotta make sure you both are emotionally strong enough for the hardships...
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Jerry, I'm not gonna lie to you and tell you it's rainbows and butterflies. Long distance will be one of the hardest things you will ever do. You have to be committed. There has to be trust. You have to make time to talk to each other even if you have busy schedules. And try and see each other as often as possible. But when it's good, it's amazing. If you decide to do it, I wish you the best of luck.

Mrs. Lovely wrote:

Make sure it's a good think, but I hope it works out 'cause you two sound cute together! :D

But what are you gonna do when you come to face the fact you can't hold her, or kiss her?

Becky wrote:

Jerry, I'm not gonna lie to you and tell you it's rainbows and butterflies. Long distance will be one of the hardest things you will ever do. You have to be committed. There has to be trust. You have to make time to talk to each other even if you have busy schedules. And try and see each other as often as possible. But when it's good, it's amazing. If you decide to do it, I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks for the help everyone but I don't think i'm gonna ask her out. I guess it could work out if we lived closer, but the distance from NY to florida is too great and in the long run I think it's gonna be best for the 2 of us if we just stay friends for now.

SomethingTerminal wrote:

She's making a move man ;)

Mrs. Lovely wrote:

LOLwut? :lol:

He's gonna be overseas - he can't hug her. :lol:

SomethingTerminal wrote:

I'm talking about you :D

Mrs. Lovely wrote:

OHHHH. :lol:

:blush:

I dunno what you 2 are talking about lol
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

Mrs. Lovely wrote:

I actually don't know what he was talking about - boys, heh. :rolleyes:

And about your girl - aw, that's a shame, but you should stay in contact!

I know exactly what Terminal is implying. :)
      @OP: That's a wise decision. The one thing I like about these sorts of relationships is that it's so much more exhilarating to see the person in the flesh after a long break of time.
      [CENTER]I shall stay with you, not until the end, but always.
      [/CENTER]