I thought I was over him but as it turns out, I'm not.

• I thought I was over him but as it turns out, I'm not.

It's been almost over a month now since he broke up with me. I'm like, this girl who feels as though she needs to have even just some of the things she wants since my parents can't give me all of my material wants. I wanted love and I thought he would be the one who could actually give it to me.

How come I still love him after everything he did to me? I waited 8 months for him, and when I wasn't able to stand the waiting, I myself made an effort to do the first move since I was fully aware he won't do anything unless I go first. And when we had our communication back, he was the one in control of our relationship. He was always demanding this and that, and easily gets mad at me.

He broke up with me because I did those stuff to him. It's been a long time now, and I thought I was really over him. but when I heard these songs from Selena, its like everything came back. I can't stop stalking him on facebook, and I don't know. Please help me.
    • Re: I thought I was over him but as it turns out, I'm not.

ok, i think its perfectly natural to still have feelings for a person just one month after a relationship, its a very slow process getting over a person, even if they were not the best of partners you still care for them and various things start coming into your head, like asking yourself about things that could have been different, but in the end, you will be a stronger and better person for going through this, and you can use these experiences to not repeat the same mistakes in future relationships, like if one person has all the control in a relationship and abuses that power then you are better off without him, i understand how you think you one minute you are fully over the person you care for and then the next minute you are right back where you started from, its the same for everyone, i think every person will have a certain song/s that remind them of the person they care for, and when you hear that song after a break up its soo tough to listen to, but just give it time, try and stop looking at his facebook as it will just drive you insane, and slowly but surely you will get over him. i hope this helped
    • Re: I thought I was over him but as it turns out, I'm not.

It really just takes time. If you had strong feelings for him, getting over him is not exactly easy. You just have to pick yourself up and get on with things. It's hard, but it does get easier and as long as you're willing to move on and let go, you'll reach that point where you're thinking about him constantly or even wanting to know what's going on with him. Just try to get your mind off of him by doing other things, such as going out and having a good time with friends. If you have him added on Facebook, I suggest you delete him. It may help with the moving on process. Also, it might help to think about the negative things about him. If he didn't treat you right, you can remind yourself that it's not something you want to go back to. Keep looking forward. He's not the only guy out there. It hurts right now, but it won't feel this way forever.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]