How to kick junk food?

• How to kick junk food?

Alright, so I'm not overweight, but I feel like I eat junk food waaaaaaaaay too much. I don't want all of it to catch up with me in the future. :P

I honestly didn't think it would be this hard, lol. I wish I was eating it right now. Can you guys give me some tips on how to stop craving junk food all the time? And maybe some healthier alternatives?
    • Re: How to kick junk food?

Well, I have 1 Simple solution. Tell your Parents to Stop Buying Junk Food and get healthy food (Usually Healthy Good Fills you up more)! (This is exact same thing I did this week. I just asked them to stop buying it, or hide it in there Room {Otherwise I would rather grab something easy for a Snack.).

Now, Healthy good don't exactly Mean Fruits and Vegetables, Whenever I get Hungry I just get a Couple cups of Cereal (Yes, I eat Cereal in a Cup, you can easily hold the cup to eat it. [and I don't mean Cereal Packed with Sugar, something like Honey Bunches of Oats) and I'm good for a Few Hours.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The post was edited 1 time, last by MadDogTen ().

Order only water, or tea. And if you choose tea bring your own sweetener (I recommend Stevia, though Sweet Leaf is good) as aspartame and splenda are artificial and can have side effects.

As for at the house, stop buying it? Seriously, your mind will crave whatever is around really, no way around it. Sugar will keep you addicted to it. Just make the right grocery list, and encourage your family members to do the same if you're living with them. We weren't meant to be drinking coke, sprite, etc. or have ice cream whenever we want.

Edit: And while posting this my one solution has been shot down.

PaleBlueEyes wrote:

I would, but it's not just me that eats it. It's my whole family. Junk food is ALWAYS here! :P

Then that Makes it all the more harder. Just try to Reset the Junk, and Grab the first healthy thing you see. lol

PaleBlueEyes wrote:

But I'd never thought of eating cups of cereal. I might go grab a cup of Cheerios now. :) Thanks!

It makes it all the more easier to Eat it (and More appealing) without Being forced to sit at a table with a Bowl. :)

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Torn wrote:

We weren't meant to be drinking coke, sprite, etc. or have ice cream whenever we want..

Hey Hey Hey, Who said anything about da Soda? Junk FOOD! :P ;)

Torn wrote:

Edit: And while posting this my one solution has been shot down.

lol, and they say Slow and Steady wins the race. :P
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BackwardsAlphabet wrote:

Well, in that case, you just need to exercise, if you can't eliminate junk food from the picture.

I do. I use my exercise bike because you can't jog or ride a real bike around here without being mugged or something.. :/

I'm not saying that I CAN'T, but it's becoming increasingly hard. The longer I stay away from it, the more I want it. I'm addicted. :l
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER] "A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality."[/CENTER]

PaleBlueEyes wrote:

I do. I use my exercise bike because you can't jog or ride a real bike around here without being mugged or something.. :/

I'm not saying that I CAN'T, but it's becoming increasingly hard. The longer I stay away from it, the more I want it. I'm addicted. :l

Well exercising will keep it from catching up with you in the future, but I know a lot of the time, people eat when they're bored, so try and find some fun activities to do that will keep your mind occupied. This will lessen the amount of times per day you eat junk food, which should make a big difference.
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]ZYXWVUTSRQPONMLKJIHGFEDCBA[/SIZE][/CENTER]

You may want to try a little resistance training. Put a desired junk food item in front of you. Just sit there and look at it. Whatever you do, do NOT eat it. You may want to have someone there from preventing you from eating if you cave in. Observe what you're feeling. Eventually, the craving will subside. Remember all the fats, preservatives, and sodium that is stuffed in that crap. Do this every time you are tempted.

If you've been eating junk for a while, your entire body will be adjusted to craving it and the flora in your gut will be used to it. After you switch to healthy food, your lower gut flora/body will adjust, and you will crave the junk less and less. I'd also highly recommend researching the content of your junk food so you can see quite clearly how bad it is. Don't let food labels fool you, hydrogenated fat is more or less a trans fat-even if the label says "0 trans fats". Watching documentaries like Super Size Me can also help you learn.
      "The point of philosophy is to start with something so simple as not to seem worth stating, and to end with something so paradoxical no one will believe in it"-Bertrand Russell

The post was edited 3 times, last by isitso ().

There are two important things to do here since you can't control junk food in your house: more protein and more healthy snack alternatives.

Have you ever heard about people who are trying to lose weight drinking protein shakes? Do you know why they do this? Protein is one of the major sources which will tell your body whether it is "full" or needs more nourishment. If you keep your body full of protein you'll find that you have less cravings. High in protein and low in fat foods such as eggs and tuna, not to mention those protein shakes, will go a long way in cutting down your desire to eat those junk foods.

When you see those convenient snack foods you want to eat them, but why do you want to eat them? Because they're convenient. When you get those cravings you need other things to eat. Do the Doritos grab your attention? Now you're hungry, eat an orange. If you fill your house with convenient, but healthy, snack alternatives you will be able to eat them instead of the unhealthy counterparts.

Willpower is a big part in reducing addictions but so is removing temptations. As you start to get yourself off these junk foods you'll start to find that your body, and your tastebuds, will prefers these alternatives.
      Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind. ~Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason
      [CENTER]The greatest thing you'll ever learn
      Is just to Love
      And be Loved in return
      [/CENTER]

MadDogTen wrote:

Now, Healthy good don't exactly Mean Fruits and Vegetables, Whenever I get Hungry I just get a Couple cups of Cereal (Yes, I eat Cereal in a Cup, you can easily hold the cup to eat it. [and I don't mean Cereal Packed with Sugar, something like Honey Bunches of Oats) and I'm good for a Few Hours.

Grains suck in general, and the processed crap that is most breakfast cereals can hardly be called anything but more junk food.

And I really don't think there's anything OP can do other than suck it up, get some willpower, and stop eating it. Noone on here can give you some magical solution to make it all go away effortlessly.

Hey i know how you feel. My parents used to have alot of chocolates and junk food at home and i used to nibble in the afternoon. So instead i drank water making me filled. I got to drink so much water a day and go to the loo so many times... But i never ate junk food or chocolates.

After sometime in big dinners or parties i had a bit of chocolate and i found it tasted so sweat i didnt like it so now i dont drink that much water because the taste of the chocolates was so sweat so now i dont eat any.

MadDogTen wrote:

Well, I have 1 Simple solution. Tell your Parents to Stop Buying Junk Food and get healthy food (Usually Healthy Good Fills you up more)! (This is exact same thing I did this week. I just asked them to stop buying it, or hide it in there Room {Otherwise I would rather grab something easy for a Snack.).

+ willpower

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.