I'm so skinny :|

• I'm so skinny :|

When i was in elementary, people kept calling me cute and chubby and all because I was fat. Okay, so I wasn't fat fat but I was chubby. Kind of like a child who has baby fats or something like that.

This high school I started losing weight. And not just the weight you get to lose by burning calories or so, but weight like OMGYOU'RESOSKINNYNOW kind of weight. I'm soooo skinny right now. Pants I wore last elementary look like baggy pants right now on me. And I think I still have many clothes that still fit me 3 years ago.

I admit, I don't eat much and my sleeping habit is a bit screwed. I think my metabolism is fast, which is why I don't get any fatter, but I would really like to gain some weight and put some meat in my system, so I'd look more attractive. I hate it when my family calls me a walking skeleton and comparing me to the younger, pig-like and chubby me years ago.

What kinds of food should I eat? Recently I have been having pretty big meals, usually lunches and dinners (I started yesterday). Would this help? I'm not that much into sugar, and I don't have enough budget to buy this and that which would hasten this process, so yeah. :|
    • Re: I'm so skinny :|

rrose1015 wrote:

When i was in elementary, people kept calling me cute and chubby and all because I was fat. Okay, so I wasn't fat fat but I was chubby. Kind of like a child who has baby fats or something like that.

This high school I started losing weight. And not just the weight you get to lose by burning calories or so, but weight like OMGYOU'RESOSKINNYNOW kind of weight. I'm soooo skinny right now. Pants I wore last elementary look like baggy pants right now on me. And I think I still have many clothes that still fit me 3 years ago.

I admit, I don't eat much and my sleeping habit is a bit screwed. I think my metabolism is fast, which is why I don't get any fatter, but I would really like to gain some weight and put some meat in my system, so I'd look more attractive. I hate it when my family calls me a walking skeleton and comparing me to the younger, pig-like and chubby me years ago.

What kinds of food should I eat? Recently I have been having pretty big meals, usually lunches and dinners (I started yesterday). Would this help? I'm not that much into sugar, and I don't have enough budget to buy this and that which would hasten this process, so yeah. :|

I was skinny, too, at 14, but my metabolism which was fast like yours didn't make me gain weight either, but I ate fresh food: meat, veg which was home grown and lots and lots of fruit. Oranges, apples and wonderfully delicious pears. Bananas because they're rich in potassium and vitamins and are actually quite slow-burn.

Someone here said work out in a gym. You don't need to do that, not yet. Your priority is to eat regularly, and a good breakfast - even cereal will help lay a good foundation for your body. Breakfast is actually the most important meal of the day, but if you can't manage much, get Mum to buy you some of those nice cereal bars, like Jordan's. These you can graze on throughout the morning.

Drink water, especially when the weather is hot. If you perspire, this means there is humidity where your body can't wick away enough moisture, and in hot weather, can be dangerous. Stay out of the sun, drink water. In my country that is Greece I'd drink up to 4 litres bottled water if the temperature rose as high as 48C. Drinking mineral water is beneficial as it contains much Calcium. So does milk which is lovely straight out of the fridge. :)

Try and stay off Coca-cola and Pepsi. They are loaded with sugar and caffeine. They won't help your thirst, either, but tea will.

It's all about sensible eating. I know, McDonald's is lovely, especially their cheeseburgers. have the occasional one if you want. Nothing wrong in pigging out. ;)

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.

Heya dude :D

Yeah this happens to quite a few people kid no worries. Right the way most people's bodies develop is like this: They go outwards, making them look chubby (when you were younger yeah?) everyone goes through that. Then they have an upwards growth spurt, there they get tall and thinner. Then they go out more, then up, then out, until they've developed into who they are going to be. You can influence this with what you eat, but you can't change the forces of nature. You just need to wait for your outwards spurt, and make sure you're eating correctly to provide that spurt with the required energy.

Typically three meals a day aye? Breakfast, lunch, dinner. Don't eat before bed. Okay, main food group and primary energy source is carbohydrates, found in things like bread, pasta, potatoes - anything starch. It's easy to find carbohydrate rich foods on the internet. Least important food group - fat and sugar. Fat is used as a secondary energy source and is stored as insulation and waits there in case your carbs run out and you need back up energy. Sugar is the very basic form of energy, but is just simply not good for you. Starch is like the transformed version of sugar.
      Protein is good too. It's what repairs and builds damaged muscle tissue, therefore, when you exercise in any way, when your muscles wear out, the protein is what builds a tougher extra layer on top. You need protein to actually MAKE the stuff that's gonna make you fill out more, you get me?
      I recommend you start exercising if you are not already. Very light weights down the gym and jogging. The bare minimum is that you're supposed to be out of breath for at least fifteen minutes a day, three days a week. You start eating right and exercising properly, you'll soon start to fill out more.
      Don't eat too much, but don't eat too little. exercise properly to put muscle on, not reduce fat. There's a difference. Eat plenty of carbohydrates and protein. Not much fat or sugar. You should fill out in time.

Huggles from Anna
      [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Purple"][CENTER][I]
      Heaven hath no rage like love to hatred turned,
      Nor Hell a fury like a woman scorned.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

Anastasia Salikhova wrote:

Heya dude :D

Yeah this happens to quite a few people kid no worries. Right the way most people's bodies develop is like this: They go outwards, making them look chubby (when you were younger yeah?) everyone goes through that. Then they have an upwards growth spurt, there they get tall and thinner. Then they go out more, then up, then out, until they've developed into who they are going to be. You can influence this with what you eat, but you can't change the forces of nature. You just need to wait for your outwards spurt, and make sure you're eating correctly to provide that spurt with the required energy.

Typically three meals a day aye? Breakfast, lunch, dinner. Don't eat before bed. Okay, main food group and primary energy source is carbohydrates, found in things like bread, pasta, potatoes - anything starch. It's easy to find carbohydrate rich foods on the internet. Least important food group - fat and sugar. Fat is used as a secondary energy source and is stored as insulation and waits there in case your carbs run out and you need back up energy. Sugar is the very basic form of energy, but is just simply not good for you. Starch is like the transformed version of sugar.
      Protein is good too. It's what repairs and builds damaged muscle tissue, therefore, when you exercise in any way, when your muscles wear out, the protein is what builds a tougher extra layer on top. You need protein to actually MAKE the stuff that's gonna make you fill out more, you get me?
      I recommend you start exercising if you are not already. Very light weights down the gym and jogging. The bare minimum is that you're supposed to be out of breath for at least fifteen minutes a day, three days a week. You start eating right and exercising properly, you'll soon start to fill out more.
      Don't eat too much, but don't eat too little. exercise properly to put muscle on, not reduce fat. There's a difference. Eat plenty of carbohydrates and protein. Not much fat or sugar. You should fill out in time.

Huggles from Anna

Fat doesn't make you fat. That's just broscience from the 80's. For the vast majority of people (aside from extreme endurance athletes) a diet relatively high in protein and fat and relatively low in carbs is ideal for health. This isn't too strict if like OP they want to gain weight, but still ideal.

And why do you say "very light weights"?

Anna: What Frosty said. The body works very efficiently in ketosis/low carb environments. + it doesn't matter if you eat before bed, it matters WHAT you eat yes, but if it's just a regular healthy meal it will end up the same as any other food, in fact, your body is in catabolism during sleep, so food high in protein before bed is probably ideal (casein anyone?). Also, starch is a complex carb, not some transformation, it is just two or more glucose molecules put together.

Not trying to call you out or anything, just giving you advice on where you might need a little brushing up on human/food physiology/composition. *peace sign*

The post was edited 3 times, last by Torn ().