How To Get To Heaven When You Die

• Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

ThailandTom wrote:

Carry on doing what you are doing frodo, if it makes you happy and content then sure, go ahead! But realise that not everybody has a religion ad not everybody wants the word of jesus to be jammed down their throat.

I'm not Jamming it down their throat. They don't have to click on this thread. I don't follow people around in other threads pushing it on them, therefore it's not being jammed down their throat.

I think jesus was wrong and right. What he preached did help people and it did bring peace and happiness to people's lives, you should try to bring this to people for sure. But those who do not believe in god aren't going to start if you start reciting sections of the bible at them. If anything, it will steer them further from what you intend.

The bible is God's word. It's their choice if they want to believe it or not. Why don't you ask me to provide evidence for my claims? That way we can explore this together.

A religion should not be about who can get the biggest following, or who is right or who is wrong, it should be about peace, about spirituality and loving kindness. A quick story to reiterate what I am referring to.
    A couple were enjoying an evening stroll along a lakeside and there was a noise from the bushes. 'quaaack!' They both heard it and the woman said to her partner, 'did you hear that chicken..' The man replied saying, 'yes I heard the DUCK, but I didn't hear a chicken.' The noise sounded again, 'quaaaaaack'. The woman repeated that it was a chicken. The man started to raise his voice and get a little frustrated, 'no, it is a duck!' They were both starting to get a little heated and were no longer holding hands. The noise sonded a 3rd time and they both looked at each other and the man realised something. He smiled and said to his partner, 'yes, I think you are right, it is a chicken.' They both held hands once more and continued their walk. The point here is that he knew he was right, but that doesn't actually matter, the who is right or wrong. What matters is the fact they are both content and at peace. When you start to argue who is right or who is wrong, you are letting your ego get in the way of love and peace. It really doesn't matter who is right or wrong so just let it be..

It DOES matter in a HUGE way. If the bible's right, which I know it is, then the people who don't accept Christ are in grave danger of spending eternity in hell being tormented, naked, hungry, thirsty, eaten by maggots, burned in fire, crammed with millions of screaming others, not able to breathe, never sleeping, never resting, no comfort, no water, no light, pitch blackness, tormented by demons who rip their arms and legs off, crush their skull, with no possibility of ever getting out, EVER. Yes it DOES matter very much. I wouldn't waste my time if it didn't. Thats' the reason that God sent His very Son to this earth to DIE. To save us from that. He doesn't want that. If we accept the pardon (Jesus Christ) for our sins (crimes against God) then we will be forgiven and become royalty in heaven with Him. If we don't, then we have to go to hell (prison) to pay for our sins, forever.

Clinging to the notion of god as is portrayed in the bible is blind because it cannot be proven for a fact.

The evidence backs it up. Science, Prophecies, History, Eyewitness Testimony, Miracles, Creation and Personal Experience.

Most physicists will tell you that there is a higher power in this universe most likely, but they do not consider it to be an all knowing all powerful god.

Then they don't know Him, I do. I'm not trying to be arrogant, I REALLY know Him.

You are entitled to your belief for sure, but it is not a fact and cannot be proven, so it is blind. If it was a fact, then it would not be a belief would it...

It's not blind. It IS backed by the evidence. To be an atheist requires more faith than one who believes in God. No matter what you believe, a measure of faith is required.

Just try and think about what you do and say before you actually do it next time. You may offend somebody or hurt their feelings, not everyne has the same opinion as you frodo...

I don't want to hurt people's feelings, but if it would save them from eternity in hell, it would be worth it. That's the loving thing to do. I tell them these things BECAUSE I care. If I didn't care, then I would just go along with the flow and not say anything. If I come accross as rude, then I apologize. I am just very blunt about this because I don't want anyone to misunderstand the message. My hope is for the salvation of everyone here. It's so easy to pray from your heart and ask Jesus to forgive you for your sins and accept Him as your Lord and Savior. I hope you will all do that here.

My response is in bold above.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Saradactyl wrote:

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that the Lord only cared about how big his fan base is. If all I have to do is utter a prayer and get instant access to heaven, but all the good deeds I have done don't count for shit then I will gladly accept my place in hell.

It's not like that. Look, if a person goes out and robs a bank, then decides to be a good citizen from then on, what do you think will happen to him when the police catch him? What if he says, I've been a good citizen. I've done good deeds. I shouldn't go to prison. Do you think he won't go to prison for his crime? Yes, he would go to prison. When we sin we commit a crime against God and must go to prison (hell).

What if the President offered you a pardon for your crime of robbing the bank. Would you take it? Of course you would. What would happen if you refused the pardon? You would have to go to prison and pay for your crime, right?

Well, Jesus Christ offers you and I a pardon for OUR crimes (sins) against God. All we have to do is accept it through Jesus Christ. If we accept it, we will be pardoned. If we reject it, we will have to pay for our own sins by going to hell (prison). The problem is that this prison is eternal so this is a very, very important decision. Choose life. Choose Jesus.

i am a pretty devout christian, and one of the things that i hate the most are the preachy christians who only believe that their way of thinking is the only correct way of thinking, to follow a religion is a choice that the individual person has to make, they dont need some ignorant person shoving any religion down their throats, all religions pretty much teach peace, although the interpretations of these teachings are used for a persons own greed, if we all learned to respect other religions and other ways of thinking then there would be alot less violence in the world, it makes no sense to me, why hate on a person just because they have a different opinion that you?? like its different ways of thinking that has brought our race to where it is today, if there was not different ways of thinking we would all probably be living in caves still. lol. i was raised a catholic, and was taught to respect all religions or none religions, and that if a person follows their religion to the best of their ability then they will get into heaven, the road to heaven is paved with good deeds, to follow a religion isnt just believing in something, it is helping out your fellow man without expecting a reward from it, it is stepping up and doing something to help a person in need. jesus main teachings was to love yourself and your neighbour, and to forgive your enemies, how many of us can say that we have forgiven our enemies?? why do some christians feel the need to convert people who are not christian, and vise versa, why do atheists feel the need to disprove god?? the way i see it, it has nothing to do with me, soo what gives me the right to have an opinion on what doesnt concern me. i believe what i believe and if i try and live my life like a good person then thats all that matter, like the issue of homosexuality, i have a few friends who are gay, it doesnt bother me one bit, do what makes you happy is what is say. i may not agree with it, but it has nothing to do with it soo i dont let it bother me.
    what i also cant understand is how people say that heaven or a religion is evil, like what makes it evil?? maybe the people who are apart of the system might be evil but the organisation itself is not evil, the religions teaches peace, how is that evil??? what would make that an evil organisation, you may say because they make money, well ya how else would they survive without money, its like that in every organisation, no person is forced to buy or donate money to any religion, it is purely down to the individual person, its like no one forces you to buy music, but you do because you wanted to, does that make the music industry or artist evil???
    basically if we all just let it go, respect people and their beliefs even if it doesnt go with your beliefs, if we did that i think it would be such a more pleasant world to live in

The post was edited 1 time, last by kopite ().

The entire basis of religion is so messed up. Christians like you are the ones who make Christianity look bad, because no one wants this kind of thing thrown at them. In my opinion, the Bible should not exist. It creates so many limits and restrictions. For example, the restriction against gays and lesbians. If God was really as caring as the Bible makes him out to be, why won't he allow these people to live however they so choose? They are harming no one, and committing no sin, and they are happy. Why would God refuse this?

When you can answer that without saying "because the Bible says," I will consider the Christian God decent.
    [COLOR="Green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]To make my dreams come true. To protect the ones I love. And to keep fighting.
    The star inside my heart... please keep on shining strong and bring me power![/FONT][/COLOR]

Dr.Carter;2785725 wrote:

The only thing worse than a smart-ass is a dumb smart-ass.

I'm surprised this is still alive. I thank this thread for introducing me to Penn and Teller: Bullshit!

I don't think this is a good place for this sort of thing. You won't get good responses on a teen forum. We're to busy getting high and fucking like rabbits to accept Christ.
    [CENTER]
    [CENTER]The only angels we need invoke are those of our better nature; reason, honesty and love.
    The only demons we need fear are those that lurk inside every human mind; ignorance, hatred, greed, and faith.

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

As christians, we should not force people to believe anything. We should introduce God to them and what he can do but we can't tell them you must believe. We take them to the water, it is up to them if they want to drink it. Also, that is what is reffered to as the sinners prayer and that does not work. I could go into details but I am not here to argue about belief.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

God gives people free will. The thing is once you come to him you must completey change to be made righteous. He is not asking for perfection. Actually with boundaries you are more free. Well kind of in a way. Here is an example. You are on the 50th floor in a hotel, would you let your baby walk on the patio. No you wouldn't because he would fall. If you have a raling around the patio you have more freedom because you can actually step on the patio.

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Also, most people claim to be christians and really aren't. I have no right to tell you whether you are saved or not but considering you think a prayer saves, well....

xfrodobagginsx wrote:

You say that I'm misrepresenting Him so I'm going to give you what He actually said and I want you to interpret it for me. What does He mean when He says these things?

Jesus said:

Joh 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Jesus said:

Joh 3:36 "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

John Writes:

1Jo 5:12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

What does he mean by this?

You were there when he said that?
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

JoBro wrote:

The entire basis of religion is so messed up. Christians like you are the ones who make Christianity look bad, because no one wants this kind of thing thrown at them. In my opinion, the Bible should not exist. It creates so many limits and restrictions. For example, the restriction against gays and lesbians. If God was really as caring as the Bible makes him out to be, why won't he allow these people to live however they so choose? They are harming no one, and committing no sin, and they are happy. Why would God refuse this?

When you can answer that without saying "because the Bible says," I will consider the Christian God decent.

The bible dosent really mention homosexuals that much at all and there is no direct reference to them to my knowledge. The people who started the anti-gay movement in christianity are the christian church and they don't not hate homosexuals they dislike what they do (sexual acts ect.). This is because the church is very traditionalist. As Pope John Paul 2 said "I do not dislike homosexual people I only question what you do". Extremest christian groups like in the southern states of america take anti-homosexuality.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

^ ^Take anti homosexuality tooo far.

I just think it is being utterly narrow minded when people use the word religion in certain contexts. How can you put every religion or everyone who follows a religion in the same box? Follow your religion correctly and be a better person, if you don't have a religion then respect those who do have one and realise they are entitled to their beliefs.

A dog is not considered a good dog if it barks a lot, similarly a man is not considered a good man if he talks a lot - buddha

Domoorigoto wrote:

The bible dosent really mention homosexuals that much at all and there is no direct reference to them to my knowledge. The people who started the anti-gay movement in christianity are the christian church and they don't not hate homosexuals they dislike what they do (sexual acts ect.). This is because the church is very traditionalist. As Pope John Paul 2 said "I do not dislike homosexual people I only question what you do". Extremest christian groups like in the southern states of america take anti-homosexuality.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

^ ^Take anti homosexuality tooo far.

Leviticus 20:13 wrote:

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

No direct reference?
    [COLOR="Green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]To make my dreams come true. To protect the ones I love. And to keep fighting.
    The star inside my heart... please keep on shining strong and bring me power![/FONT][/COLOR]

Dr.Carter;2785725 wrote:

The only thing worse than a smart-ass is a dumb smart-ass.