What do I get my GF for her B-day

• What do I get my GF for her B-day

So I've been dating her for five months now. We have only been exclusive for about two months. A lot of my friends are suggesting me buying her Jewelry but I feel that jewelry is to personal for such a small time and it might show commitment. I am a commited guy but I don't want to scare her off she might not be the same kind of girl. I have a spending limit of $30. This is the first relationship I've ever had to worry about a birthday. And unluckily for me it was so close to the date I asked her to be my girlfriend.

Flowers die, teddy bears end up as chew toys for her dog, I don't know her size for clothing, Jewelry is to personal, I'm just totally out of ideas. Worst case senario I'll buy her a $30 bracelet or neckalace or something.

I am taking her out somewhere. Probably around the city just to walk around and will grab something to eat. That part is not planned.
    • Re: What do I get my GF for her B-day

What kinds of hobbies does she have?
      I enjoy reading, and for a gift my bf made me hand made bookmarks. He gave me little hints like "Will make you think of me more" "Keeps you in your place" "Has your favorite colors"
      The gift was not just the bookmarks, but the hints I got weeks before hand, and I still use them.

Try and get her something that she can use on a day to day basis. Taking her somewhere is good, because you're also giving her the gift of a memory. So does she like reading? The bookmarks and chocolate could work. Just an idea. It really sticks out in my head because I really liked it so it might work for you too.

Otherwise, perfume is alright like Lester said, but I find it overdone, and not a very well thought out kinda thing. But think, what kind of things does she like to do? If you mention some things I might be able to think of something better that suites her.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Well she does like to read. I kind of like the bookmark idea. It sounds very simple.

Other then reading I don't really know what she does... haha. She's just kind of a simple preppy cheerleader girlie girl that does not have any hobbies. She is very friend oriented she needs friends (or me :wink:) to keep her occupied. That's what is making this so difficult.

Chris Hansen wrote:

Buy her some perfume or something. You can find some cheap perfume for like 25$ in a lot of pharmacy stores. Perfume is still perfume no matter what the price is.

WOW, that is the most horrible advice when it comes about GFs gifts.

Get her something SHE like, like a book as you said, with a homemade bookmark
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="4"]Lee[COLOR="Red"] TAEMIN[/COLOR][/SIZE] [/CENTER]

I have no idea about this sort of stuff and would be asking the same if i was in this position.

From general knowledge all i can think of is

1. You say she likes books then bingo, find the type of books she likes (you should know a bit about her likes after dating her for that long)

2. Music, music never fails. You should know her favourite artist/band. If i was you i'd stay away from buying the music that she likes but you hate as i am very fussy with mainstream music and i would do the same hehe.

3. If she isn't up to much with her family or other friends then take her some place that she'd really enjoy or some place that you have history at like the first place you kissed (forget that if you kissed behind a bin or in a dark alley XD!!). Or the place that you love to go to to be alone.

4. Chocolate if she's the chocolate person (in no way should you dare getting nut chocolate unless you know she likes them)

5. You say you don't want to get her jewellry...Good call. Perhaps some new accessories like the stuff she normally wears.

6. Or you have perfume (remember to smell what it is like before buying!) which always pleases a girl apparently O_o

Hope that helped.
      Sure the her next birthday will be much easier to give her a gift if you're hopefully still together ;) Best of luck.
      The World is heading for mutiny, when all we want is unity.
      We may rise and fall, but in the end, we'll meet our fate together!
      One. Oh One. The only way is[SIZE=4] ONE.[/SIZE]