scared

• i really really want to have sex - but every time im presented with....... the opportunity, i freak out and say no. i mean, im terrified of getting pregnant! the condom could split! im only 16 i cant live with that. i've heard so many horror stories of it hurting-i've even thought of getting myself absolutely written off pissed to calm my nerves and ive tried it but i still get scared. eeeeeeeeeeeeek. how do i overcome this?
    • ^^ Putting on two condoms is the worst thing to do!

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

I'd sugest talking to a doctor or to a friend that has done it.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

But ... seriously, don't try the 2 condom stuff, there is much greater chance of them breaking!
      [SIZE=4]
      [/SIZE]
    • lol i don't see how talking to a doctor could help?

you're clearly not ready to have sex, if you were, then it wouldn't be a big deal for you. it's not going to work unless you can calm yourself down, especially down there - if you're freaking out and whatnot, your muscles won't be relaxed and whomever will have a hard time getting his junk in there. just wait until you are absolutely sure you are ready.

and if you're scared of getting pregnant, go on the pill. and use a condom - the chances of you getting pregnant then are very silm to none
    • The dude's right. You very well may not be ready for sex...And it's not the end of the world if you wait. There is always a chance of pregnancy even if she is on the pill and you use a condom. Its less than 1 percent, but still a chance. The only sure thing is abstinance. However, thinking realistically, if you take those percautions, you should be fine!
    • mmyeah, im on the pill. i'm pretty sure i'm ready. i was going to with my ex boyfriend, i was very very happy with him, we went out for 10 months, and i knew he wasn't "the one" but i knew that i could trust him. the reason i didn't was because one night, i think i got my drink spiked... and he very nearly did 'it' to me while i was sky high... had i not of burst into tears and kicked about, he would've. so i never really properly trusted him with that.
      but after that, i just keep getting this terrifying feeling at the pit of my stomach that something bad's going to happen/
    • As said, you're not ready. Not because you are scared, but because you are worried about getting pregnant and everything. Believe me, there is nothing wrong with being scared of having sex for the first time. It's normal, especially for girls.

Now, just talk to a friend whose had sex. Make sure they know how you feel about it, and to not be like "what the hell are you afraid of?" Have them explain any questions you have. Or, whoever you're planning on doing it with, talk to them about it. Tell him your feelings, and to be gentle for the pain. There's a few ways to prevent too much pain, (not all pain) like fingering before hand to stretch yourself. Just talk to him about that kind of stuff.

Then for the getting pregnant, condoms can break, yes. But chances of that are not too high. Another option you can think about is birth control. Not 100% affective, but it may just calm your nerves on the whole thing, and make you feel better about it.

But again, if you are worried about that sort of stuff, you aren't ready. When you're ready, you'll know. Wanting sex, and being ready for it are two different things. A while ago, I wanted sex, but I knew I wasn't ready. You just have to know how to see the difference in those things. When you are ready, yeah, you might be scared. Like I said, it's normal to be a little bit. But if you are terrified, then you won't enjoy anything, and you may regret it. So just talk to someone about it to calm your nerves a little, and see how you feel then. You may just have to wait until you are ready for it, in which case all you need is some time.

I hope this helped.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    • Your not ready
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER] Cassie: Do you remember when you rode with me in the ambulance after I tried to kill myself?
      Jal
      : Of course.

Cassie
      : That's what love feels like.
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      ♥
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4]I Love You Dylan[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [SIZE=3]♥[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]
    • Yo dude :)

Alreet, most gals go through this at some point, including me, so listen up...or...read up? Well yeah, okay, safety first aye? DON'T use two condoms. Not only is there are higher chance of it hurting, but the friction between the two will make it more likely that they break. DON'T make him wear two condoms aye? Second, I recommend lubricant. It's cheap and you can get it from the local pharmacy and often other shops around. Read it and make sure it's water based. NOT oil based. Oil based can weaken the condom. Water based won't. Next, visit your doctor and see if you can get the contraceptive pill.

It only hurts if you're scared. Relax!! I shouldn't say this but sometimes being drunk does help a little. But still, it's not required, only if you're shit scared. It might hurt a little, depending on the size of the guy. See, your hymen needs to be broken, so it'll only hurt a little the first and second time. Most girls don't even feel it aye? Alreet, next - make him go slow. That's crucial. He rushes into it and you'll feel like you've been stabbed. Only what you're comfortable with aye? Don't try anything too wild.

• So, summary.
      • Use ONE condom.
      • Consider lubricant.
      • Consider the contraceptive pill.
      • Go SLOWLY.
      • Don't worry too much.
      • Make sure you want it.
      • LOTS of foreplay.
      • Get turned on a lot first.

Much love dude :D From anna x
      [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Purple"][CENTER][I]
      Heaven hath no rage like love to hatred turned,
      Nor Hell a fury like a woman scorned.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT][/I]
    • Don't try to overcome this. You're only 16, so whats the big rush to have sex? If you are scared about it you are not ready, it's as simple as that. If you're worried about getting pregnant make sure that you could see this guy as a father before having sex with him. Have sex for yourself and only yourself, never because of any reason other than because you want to.
    • I think your boyfriend was ready to take advantage of you then so i would really leave it till you have someone who you love and trust very very much, your boyfriend could be the one for you but ah well :/

You're definately not ready, you know you're ready when you want to have sex and nothing stops you.

Hope this helped :)
      The World is heading for mutiny, when all we want is unity.
      We may rise and fall, but in the end, we'll meet our fate together!
      One. Oh One. The only way is[SIZE=4] ONE.[/SIZE]
    • It's okay to be scared. But what is most important before being able to relax and all the other suggestions (which are good suggestions), is to make sure you trust that your boyfriend is committed to being there for you. This means to communicate with him about how you feel (especially about that experience) and know that if you at any moment say stop he will stop immediately. Even if you can't commit the first time you try, he should be willing to wait until you are ready, I know I am. I have yet to have intercourse with my girlfriend (almost 2 years dating) and its okay (it hurts a lot for her when we try and we have very differing schedules). I want her to feel as comfortable as possible when we do commit. The first time should be about the female in the relationship because it will affect her the most. Not to say there should be no consideration for the guy, but he is in no way going to go through what the girl will.