Denver Broncos top two RBs injured

• Re: Denver Broncos top two RBs injured

How do you call someone a bust who's only played on year in the NFL with no QB? Orton is below average too, and lets be honest, as long as SD has Philip Rivers we will compete for first in the division for a long time.

Although, I'm not sure I'd try to fling insults after someone talked circles around me about my own team. Perhaps you need to learn a little more about football?

Yeah I do need to learn more, it's only my 3rd season and I watch it during the night.

But we were 8-8 last year, Orton now knows the full system, Moreno's in his second year and is going to run hard. We've added 2 WRs of first round talent and fixed our OL. Got bigger on the DL and fixed our STs. Oakland has improved but so have we, I agree Rivers is propping SD up, but he cant do it on his own, I'm starting to really believe the division is ours.

What do you mean "Orton now knows the full system" ? Denver had a new coach last year, there was no system for him to learn. They built the system around him and the players they had there. It does not matter if he knows the system, anywho. Orton has WRs who are only deep threats (Royal, Thomas) and Orton cannot throw a deep ball. I will say that Orton has looked very good in training camp, but it's training camp.

Believe the division is yours? Really? Your two best defensive backs are 33 and 36 years old. You no longer have Dumervil to rush the passer into making mistakes, and your defensive backs will be exposed because of that.

Your WRs are not good (Gaffney is a depth WR on any other team, and Thomas is an awful route runner), your running backs are even worse (Sorry, Moreno isn't proven. And now he's injured.) and your QB can't win games for you by himself. San Diego is a much better put together team, and they actually have a QB who can win games by himself. I don't think they're going to be a dominant team, but they will 100% finish with a better record than the Denver Donkeys.

On the other hand, you have Tebow. I hear his piss cures cancer.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ari Gold ().

vperea12 wrote:

This season should definitely be an interesting one. I wish the Broncos were good like they used to be when they had Elway

The Broncos were on their way to being a dominating team until they fired Shanahan and hired McDaniels. They essentially traded Cutler, Marshall, Hillis and Scheffler for Tebow, Moreno, Thomas.

They traded:
      1.) Cutler is a Pro Bowl QB who, in the right system, is a top 5 QB in the league.

2.) Brandon Marshall is the 2nd best WR in the league, and the best possession WR who also provides a deep threat.

3.) Hillis hasn't done a lot, but he was the Broncos best RB hands down when he did get a chance to play. McDaniels doesn't like white RBs. That is why he was traded.

4.) Scheffler was well on his way to being a top 5 pass catching TE, and still will get a good 40 grabs with the Lions who also have Pettigrew.

They got:

1. ) Tim Tebow is a 3-4 year project who was supposed to be a third rounder, not a 1st. He's the third best QB on the Broncos roster.

2.) Moreno is an average running back so far, but he was projected to be injury prone in the NFL because of his running style, and so far he's done absolutely nothing to discredit that. He

3.) Demaryus Thomas is a good vertical threat, but is an atrocious route runner and has the tendency to give up on plays.

Remember, the Broncos had the number 2 offense in the league in 2008, the last year Mike Shanahan was coach. Last year, their offense dropped to 15th in the league.

In 2008, their defense was a horrific 29th. So McDaniels did the right thing, and brought in Mike Nolan in 2009. A defensive GENIUS. The Bronco defense rebounded and was 7th overall in the league. What did McDaniels do? He fired Mike Nolan, because he did not agree with him on something.

My point is, as long as McDumbass is the coach in Denver, they will never be a good team.

Kyle Orton is simply a slightly above-average backup. Just like Trent Edwards or (now) Jake Delhomme. Take away Brandon Marshall from Kyle Orton, Lee Evans from Trent Edwards, or Steve Smith from Jake Delhomme, and you have a qb with no solid wide recievers, with play bordering on mediocre (at best).

Payton Manning can take nobodies and turn them in to a threat, but Kyle Orton can't.

Simply put, the Broncos will see Kyle Orton checking down a LOT this season. And checking down does not make for a good all-around passing attack. And without a balanced passing attack, your offense suffers. Therefore, the Broncos will not be improved this year.

foxcro7 wrote:

Kyle Orton is simply a slightly above-average backup. Just like Trent Edwards or (now) Jake Delhomme. Take away Brandon Marshall from Kyle Orton, Lee Evans from Trent Edwards, or Steve Smith from Jake Delhomme, and you have a qb with no solid wide recievers, with play bordering on mediocre (at best).

Payton Manning can take nobodies and turn them in to a threat, but Kyle Orton can't.

Simply put, the Broncos will see Kyle Orton checking down a LOT this season. And checking down does not make for a good all-around passing attack. And without a balanced passing attack, your offense suffers. Therefore, the Broncos will not be improved this year.

Orton is looking amazing this. Its being said that only Peyton Manning is more important to his team, Kyle IS the Denver Broncos.

dannym2326 wrote:

Kyle IS the Denver Broncos.

It takes more than 1 player to make a team, good or bad. And honestly, and I don't mean this in a trash talking way, but if Kyle Orton is the Denver Broncos, then I feel very sorry for them.

When your best quarterback is Kyle Orton, your top 2 wide recievers are Eddie Royal (who I think is ok) and... Jabar Gaffney....? They do have that rookie wr whose name escapes me, but until he steps onto the field and performs, he is an unknown variable. So until we see what the rookie can do, I am convinced that the Broncos won't have much of a passing game there.
      And, like Rob said,
      Orton has WRs who are only deep threats (Royal, Thomas) and Orton cannot throw a deep ball.
      Frankly I don't see very many bright points for this team.

And I was pointing out (I'm not in love with Payton Manning or the Colts) that while Manning is good enough himself to take some less than stellar wide recievers and still coordinate a dangerous passing attack, Kyle Orton can't do that. Like I said before, he's a backup in starters clothing.

foxcro7 wrote:

And I was pointing out (I'm not in love with Payton Manning or the Colts) that while Manning is good enough himself to take some less than stellar wide recievers and still coordinate a dangerous passing attack

Although Manning has that ability to turn crap WRs into amazing players in recent years he's had a deep WR corps. Reggie Wayne has been a top NFL WR for a bit, with or without Manning and so was Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark is a top TE and Garcon will be an upcoming number one by the time Reggie is gone.

He's been very lucky these last few years to get such talented players.

That's entirely true, but I was just using Manning as an example. I'm saying that I really don't believe Kyle Orton can take his current receiving corps and produce a strong passing game. And once again, the strengths of Orton aren't compatible with those of his WRs, they are deep threats and he doesn't really have the arm strength for that type of offense.