Education in another country

• Education in another country

Hi everyone.I am having my education in Turkey and i know English quite well.I am almost 15 and i want to spend a summer maybe a year in the USA for education.I can go there with my school but i want to go there with an international group.I have never been to USA or far away from my family.When do you think i should go there?Have you ever studied in another country?
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: Education in another country

elfinitty wrote:

Hi everyone.I am having my education in Turkey and i know English quite well.I am almost 15 and i want to spend a summer maybe a year in the USA for education.I can go there with my school but i want to go there with an international group.I have never been to USA or far away from my family.When do you think i should go there?Have you ever studied in another country?

Hi there!:)
      I personally have traveled quite a bit; never for study, although I know many people who have. My first recommendation would be to be careful of what company/organization you use. If possible, get some help from your school in choosing an international group for your trip. I think that going to another country for enrichment is a great way to expand your views, but you do have to be careful like you would on any trip. Explore possible foreign exchange groups (for long stays) or travel groups (for summer trips) and look up their reviews and history.

As for a good time, that depends on several things. You are still young, so you have plenty of time to decide when you'd like to go. Consider things like your plans for the next several years to figure out if you can squeeze it into your schedule. Ask yourself how long you're willing to be away from home. Also, try to think about where the international group will go to get a feel for what the weather will be like at the time.

Again, I can't stress to you how important it is to find an organization that has a long, positive history of study abroad services and that you feel comfortable with. Follow the basic travel guidelines, like informing friends and family of your intended destination and keeping in frequent contact. It can take a lot of planning to travel internationally, even if you go through a travel group. However, once the work is done, I think it's a great opportunity. :wink:
      [SIZE=2]Your Favorite Lovable Mascot: ZAPFOX! :poke:[/SIZE]
      [CENTER]Stop Military Rape!
      [/CENTER]

Check with your school, or international schools. If you're into performing arts you could try going to AIPAH (Australian International Performing Arts Highschool). It's amazing and has a range of international and national students. Of course, that's only if you're into that and can pay a large tuition. But I went there and it's the most rewarding experience of my life so far. (Even though I wasn't an international student, I knew many that were).

Also, many highschools around the world are open to student exchange programs. You could go to really any country, not just the USA.
      Group student exchange is nice, although very -very- controlled. Indivudual student exchange allows for more freedom, and you get to live in a host house with a family with a child that goes to the same school you would be going to. It gives you a lot more freedom to live in another country as a student.
      There are so many options out there and I know from people that it is an amazing thing to do, especially if you doubt you'll have money to travel when you get out of school (and still want help with it). Just do a little research on the internet, talk to your school and your parents. :D
      [CENTER]R.I.P Captain Jack Sparrow, 13/3/09[/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]You did it, beautiful.<3[/CENTER]
      formspring.me/Asperitas <- Don't be a fgt. It makes you look bad.
      [RIGHT]omygaga.tumblr.com/ <-Blog of godlike proportions.
      [/RIGHT]

zapfox wrote:

Hi there!:)
      I personally have traveled quite a bit; never for study, although I know many people who have. My first recommendation would be to be careful of what company/organization you use. If possible, get some help from your school in choosing an international group for your trip. I think that going to another country for enrichment is a great way to expand your views, but you do have to be careful like you would on any trip. Explore possible foreign exchange groups (for long stays) or travel groups (for summer trips) and look up their reviews and history.

As for a good time, that depends on several things. You are still young, so you have plenty of time to decide when you'd like to go. Consider things like your plans for the next several years to figure out if you can squeeze it into your schedule. Ask yourself how long you're willing to be away from home. Also, try to think about where the international group will go to get a feel for what the weather will be like at the time.

Again, I can't stress to you how important it is to find an organization that has a long, positive history of study abroad services and that you feel comfortable with. Follow the basic travel guidelines, like informing friends and family of your intended destination and keeping in frequent contact. It can take a lot of planning to travel internationally, even if you go through a travel group. However, once the work is done, I think it's a great opportunity. :wink:

Yeah you are right,i will think about these.Thanks,you helped a lot :)

Batgirl wrote:

Check with your school, or international schools. If you're into performing arts you could try going to AIPAH (Australian International Performing Arts Highschool). It's amazing and has a range of international and national students. Of course, that's only if you're into that and can pay a large tuition. But I went there and it's the most rewarding experience of my life so far. (Even though I wasn't an international student, I knew many that were).

Also, many highschools around the world are open to student exchange programs. You could go to really any country, not just the USA.
      Group student exchange is nice, although very -very- controlled. Indivudual student exchange allows for more freedom, and you get to live in a host house with a family with a child that goes to the same school you would be going to. It gives you a lot more freedom to live in another country as a student.
      There are so many options out there and I know from people that it is an amazing thing to do, especially if you doubt you'll have money to travel when you get out of school (and still want help with it). Just do a little research on the internet, talk to your school and your parents. :D

I am thinking about studying Science or Maths and i choosed the USA because they informed us about schools in US and Canada,i prefer US to Canada.
      I would like to have more freedom and stay with a family that has a member in the same school with me.Thanks for help! :)
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]