New Wardrobe for gf

• New Wardrobe for gf

Hello all,

I love my girlfriend to death, and I hate to stereotype or hate on anybody, but frankly her problem is just that's she's half tom boy and half band geek. And I mean that in the most loving way... I'm a nerd myself, but ban geeks are a different breed in the way they dress and act.

Anyways, her wardrobe consists of mostly jeans and hoodies, and during the summer either jean capris or short athletic shorts with a double-layered tank top and t-shirt. She is pretty tall, almost as tall as me, at 5'10" roughly. She has a swimmer's build basically, with pretty big shoulders and basically an hourglass shape, only a little more fleshed out.

Now, my problem is she just doesn't really care about her clothing, and she'll basically wear whatever. It's the same way I used to be, before I changed my style. I love her and think she's beautiful, but I think she could put more thought into her wardrobe, and if she dressed in better clothes and clothes that fit her build more she would come off as a lot more beautiful overall, and feel better about herself. She has low self-esteem, and it doesn't help that she dresses that way, and not how she wants herself to look.

Do any of you girls out there have any styles or anything you can recommend? I'm just looking for some better styles for her, and also hopefully a replacement for her hoodie habit, they're all she wears for over half the year-- she's always cold.

Thanks for reading my long post lol!
      I'm Proud to be an American.
      Pro-Choice Before Conception, Pro-Life After.
      A person cannot help what they Feel, only what they Do.
      You will never find proof of a god... because it's Faith
    • Re: New Wardrobe for gf

I've heard that like tighter jeans, as in more form-fitting would look better, as well as tighter t-shirts, cuz all her t-shirts hang off of her. And I've also heard no low-cut shirts (she has no boobs almost) but rather shirts that don't show off much chest/neck, to help draw away from her big shoulders and the low-cut would make her boobs look smaller/insignificant.

Maybe she could try some loose-fitting skinny jeans or straight-legs. As for the shirts, I guess she could get some in-between low cut and crew neck, or maybe a few button ups which can look really casual. During fall and spring when it's somewhat cold, cardigans and sweaters are great replacements for hoodies. I'm not really sure about winter (it doesn't get very cold where I live) but probably some regular coats.
      Also, try not to force anything on her. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't make her too happy. And, by the way, as far as I know most 'band geeks' don't necessarily have a certain style.
      I hoped this helped :)

Even if we do recommend some styles for you, who says that she would want to go along with them and change herself and the way she dresses to please you?

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

Well I'm going shopping with her today, and the way it's gonna go is "Here, why don't you try this on" and if it looks good, I'll compliment her and say she should get it.

And I know I may be being selfish about this, but I think if she dressed nicer she'd also feel better about herself. A blue poke-dot blouse with a bright pink shirt underneath it(she layers all tube-top and skimpy shirts(most of the time with some totally opposite colors), because of her small boobs and being insecure) isn't exactly my idea of dressing nice.

The post was edited 2 times, last by asoiafdude ().

If you feel that way that's fine, but last time I checked I never knew that changing the way you dress is asking somebody to take on this huge life-changing task that is too much for a loved one to bear. They're just clothes.

Because frankly, she dresses like a 12 year old. She's never had anybody to help her pick out clothes or anything, so she just doesn't know to/ know how to change her look.

asoiafdude wrote:

Because frankly, she dresses like a 12 year old. She's never had anybody to help her pick out clothes or anything, so she just doesn't know to/ know how to change her look.

Then why is your girlfriend not asking us for help?
      How would she feel if she actually read what you're saying?
      I find it very difficult to believe that somebody could be such a cunt about clothing. She dresses like a 12 year old, and you act like one. Deal with it.
      [CENTER][SIZE=2]♠[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[COLOR="Black"][SIZE="1"][CENTER]Teenhut's original slut.[/CENTER]
      [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Well that's the last time I come here for advice, I'm no asshole boyfriend, I love my girlfriend to death, and you all need to stop trolling people and acting like relationships come straight out of movies where it has to be 100% perfect to be real. Real relationships have give and take going both ways, and there are imperfections, and people change.

By the way, thanks Roni A. for the only helpful advice.

And P.S., maybe to give you a little more perspective, I feel like I look good the way I dress. She feels like she looks ugly the way she dresses/looks, no matter how many times I tell her she's beautiful or looks good. Excuse me for trying to help her look better to feel better about herself without wanting her to know I'm doing it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by asoiafdude ().

Well weight loss is primarily about lifestyle change. Don't just bring up what you think she needs to do but rather how you think you can help (i.e. grocery shopping and going on walks or going to the gym TOGETHER). Let her know that you are concerned about how she feels not how she looks. Be positive; focus on what both of you can do not what you can't. She needs to know that her happiness is your concern not your own. Go to web sites like FITDAY.COM and get some ideas their.