Girlfriend Passed Out

• Girlfriend Passed Out

Well, Gather 'round folks for I have a tale to share... and possibly some advice to receive. Today, me and my girlfriend were at a festival of sorts. I had just finished performing with my band when I rejoined my girlfriend. She was lying down on a bench, and I asked her why she was doing that. She said that she had felt a little light headed and had developed a headache while she was listening to my band. (No, My music was not so bad that it gave her a headache... asshole!) I then suggested that I take her home so that she could get some rest, and she agreed, so I helped her off the bench and started walking her back to my car. On the way she seemed to be falling asleep on her feet, so I kept talking to her. Eventually she stopped responding and just dropped to the ground. Fortunately I caught her, but when I tried to wake her up, she remained unconscious. I tried yelling at her to no avail, and some people helped me with some cold water. She still remained unconscious. A good 4 and a half minutes had passed by now, so I got my cellphone out and was about to call 911 when she woke up without warning. She was scared badly and very shaky, but other than that, she only reported a mild headache. When I told her that I intended to call an ambulance, she begged me not to because she hates hospitals. That was that. I took her home and set her down in my bed to rest. She fell asleep. She woke up a few hours later as lively and energetic as normal, as if nothing happened.

What I have been trying to figure out for that last couple of hours was what may have caused this. I asked her all sorts of questions, and thought off of facts that I knew myself, and used some web resources to try and glean a reasonable explanation. I, unfortunately, could not come to any conclusion that I was happy with, so I wanted to hear your opinions. Any feedback is appreciated greatly. Maybe I should ignore her and take her to the hospital? Or maybe just the doctor since she seems alright now? Thanks in advance for anything that you contribute.

Here are some things of note that I think I should put down:

She had an ear infection a little less than a week ago.
      She had gotten sick and dehydrated a little over two weeks ago.
      This is the first time she's ever fainted in her entire life.
    • Re: Girlfriend Passed Out

In my opinion she should see a doctor. This could be a sign of a condition, or just a random fainting. Either way, a doctor would be able to answer any questions you have as to what this may mean. All in all, it could be serious, and should be looked at. Better safe than sorry.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Gooeyswat wrote:

In my opinion she should see a doctor. This could be a sign of a condition, or just a random fainting. Either way, a doctor would be able to answer any questions you have as to what this may mean. All in all, it could be serious, and should be looked at. Better safe than sorry.

What you have said is precisely what I have been thinking since I made the thread. She despises hospitals and doctors' offices, It'll take some convincing, but I'll try to get her to agree.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

EDIT: I'll probably have to do the convincing, and also take her to the doctor myself. She lives with her mom and has no dad, and the mom has a drinking problem. I'll have to handle this myself - IF there are any tips for this, they would be greatly appreciated :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by sigi ().

Hello.

People can pass out for any one of a thousand reasons. I know that common reasons are lack of energy due to not getting enough sleep, dehydration, not eating enough and other things like that. A deficiency in the usual day-to-day essentials like eating and drinking can cause passing out regularly, and doesn't usually have any long-term effects as long as the victim resolves the issue and drinks, eats, gets into a proper sleeping pattern and whatnot.
      If there was a crowd it could also have been because of that, combined with all the noise and perhaps odd lights. This could have caused her to become ill in some way and pass out in a one-off occasion, which also means there's nothing to worry about.
      Is she anaemic? I know that this is common in teenage girls specifically, and can cause passing out sometimes. My friend Anya and my old friend Alicia had this problem. They would pass out frequently; Alicia would have this especially when she was on her period. Don't ask me the mechanics of it all. I just know that that's a reason too.

There could be a hundred reasons; the only way to be 100% sure is to take her to her doctor. It wouldn't be anything scary, she'll just get checked for a couple of things like blood pressure and whatnot, he'll probably take a blood sample and stuff and she'll have to return after a few weeks to see if she has a medical condition, which is unlikely.

~Daz
      [COLOR="Black"][SIZE="2"][CENTER][FONT="Century Gothic"]Have you ever seen the sky above you turn to flame?
      Meg and the Decepticons F.T.W baybee!!
      [/FONT][/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR]

How much water did she drink that day? How hot was it outside? When was the last time she ate? How much sleep did she get last night?

Without this information, there really isn't much I can tell you.
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]