New Australian anti discrimination ads

• New Australian anti discrimination ads

I don't think they're actually that new but they haven't been around for too long. I actually really like them. They're quite uplifting and make me smile.

[ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfrL_YX2mEI&NR=1']YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]
      [ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zktj7h7RFbY&NR=1']YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]
      [ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozNL-6l5mzo&feature=channel']YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]
    • Re: New Australian anti discrimination ads

xNerRadx wrote:

God damn it! I should've went to Australia when I had the chance. The guys are HOT!!!

Oh, and the ads were cool too lol.

I'm gunna take a guess here and guess that you're not referring to Sir Ian or Matt Preston :p

But yes I do very much like the sights here ;) :D

feast your eyes on this party :) a group of my friends and me are already on the preorder list for Dance party tickets for next year :D should be a blast.
      [ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E121DmvAIM']YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Bazinga! wrote:

I'm gunna take a guess here and guess that you're not referring to Sir Ian or Matt Preston :p

But yes I do very much like the sights here ;) :D

feast your eyes on this party :) a group of my friends and me are already on the preorder list for Dance party tickets for next year :D should be a blast.
      YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

Eww no. I was referring to one of the young hot Australians lol. Sir Ian isn't even Australian.

And yeah someone posted a thread about the gay Mardi Gras awhile back. Apparently it's a gay Mecca.

xNerRadx wrote:

Eww no. I was referring to one of the young hot Australians lol. Sir Ian isn't even Australian.

And yeah someone posted a thread about the gay Mardi Gras awhile back. Apparently it's a gay Mecca.

lol yeh, you get the fair share of creepy old people at the mardi gras too. But its balanced out and so worth it. :D
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

This ads are awesome. I wish there were more ads like this all over the world.
      I was, however, a little surprised to see Sir Ian McKellen in these ads. I never knew he was gay. Oh well, gives me one more reason to appreciate him.
      First he plays as Gandalf in The Lord of the Rings, then a convincing Sir Leigh Teabing in The Da Vinci Code, now he is gay. How much more awesome can you get?

Tombgeek wrote:

I was, however, a little surprised to see Sir Ian McKellen in these ads. I never knew he was gay. Oh well, gives me one more reason to appreciate him.
      First he plays as Gandalf in The Lord of the Rings, then a convincing Sir Leigh Teabing in The Da Vinci Code, now he is gay. How much more awesome can you get?

:O really? He's one of the most influential gay rights activists in the world. He came at in 1988 and co-founded Stonewall which is like one of the biggest LGBT rights groups.
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Bazinga! wrote:

:O really? He's one of the most influential gay rights activists in the world. He came at in 1988 and co-founded Stonewall which is like one of the biggest LGBT rights groups.

Yes, I know now. I was extremely surprised. When I saw him in the ad, I quickly searched him in Wikipedia and found out.
      I just thought he was a damn good Leigh Teabing and Gandalf. At first sight, I thought he was more of the conservative, religious types. Oh well, it appears looks can definitely be deceiving.

Tombgeek wrote:

Yes, I know now. I was extremely surprised. When I saw him in the ad, I quickly searched him in Wikipedia and found out.
      I just thought he was a damn good Leigh Teabing and Gandalf. At first sight, I thought he was more of the conservative, religious types. Oh well, it appears looks can definitely be deceiving.

:D too true. There's a rumor going around that JK Rowling outed Dumbledore as gay after being convinced by Sir Ian

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Cat wrote:

Seeing as the States and Federal Government and Centerlink recognizes same sex couples, its all good.

Australian's dont give a fuck if you're gay or straight, long as you can hold your fucking beer, amirite?

:rolleyes: God I hate these Australian sterotypes... and personally i hate beer.
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Bazinga! wrote:

:D too true. There's a rumor going around that JK Rowling outed Dumbledore as gay after being convinced by Sir Ian

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

:rolleyes: God I hate these Australian sterotypes... and personally i hate beer.

1. I don't know. As far as I know, J.K. Rowling came up with the idea that Dumbledore is gay only later in the series (I heard around about The Order Of The Phoenix or The Half-Blood Prince, I'm not sure). But if Sir Ian did convince Rowling to make Dumbledore gay, then I appreciate him even more.

Shame, a couple of days ago, I told a Harry Potter fan that Dumbledore was gay (he didn't know) and I explained how it is connected in The Deathly Hallows. His reply was: "Oh god, he was my favourite character! Now I find out he's a gay pedo!"
      I just wanted to punch him so bad, but I didn't, because the last thing I need is his mother on my case, trying to get me expelled.

P.S. Hey BattleForTheSun, you might know him, he is the guy who mocked you because you were getting colours for Table Tennis (or Ping Pong as he called it :D).

2. Yeah, I also hate beer. I prefer a Cider (or better, a Smirnoff Spin, but that's vodka).
      I don't know about Australian stereotypes, but my aunt lives in Australia. She just says how much better it is in terms of cleanliness, beauty, and lack of crime. I don't think she is one to believe stereotypes.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Tomb ().

The austrailian LGBT Mardi Gras is pretty much my Mecca. Lol MUST GO BEFORE I DIE! :P But I will probably wait until I'm 21 so I have a 0 chance of being denied anywhere due to my age lol.
      [CENTER]We live in a huge world and I want to see every part of it. Come with me? :D[/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Xtwigg19X wrote:

The austrailian LGBT Mardi Gras is pretty much my Mecca. Lol MUST GO BEFORE I DIE! :P But I will probably wait until I'm 21 so I have a 0 chance of being denied anywhere due to my age lol.

Nah 18s fine in Australia. Once your 18 you're completely legal. :D Going next year!
      [CENTER][/CENTER]