Lets get into a heated debate...again

• Re: Let get into a heated debate... again

Alejandro wrote:

I notice you don't support the mosque. If you don't like the first amendment, leave the US please.

yes, but look at it the same as building a japanese culture center on pearl harbor... they can build super omega mosques anywehre else in the city, yet they choose to build it near the handy work of their radicals... that is slapping us in the face, and honestly, if they make it, i hope it burns down
    [CENTER][SIZE=4]Where will you be when the bombs fall?[/SIZE][/CENTER]

woodspirit wrote:

yes, but look at it the same as building a japanese culture center on pearl harbor... they can build super omega mosques anywehre else in the city, yet they choose to build it near the handy work of their radicals... that is slapping us in the face, and honestly, if they make it, i hope it burns down

1.) Nothing wrong with a Japanese culture center on pearl harbor. Are you a racist?

2.) The mosque owners have already stated that it is going to welcome anyone into their building.

3.) "Their radicals" - Not all muslims are terrorists.

4.) I hope you cry when it gets built, because it's getting built.
    [CENTER][/CENTER]

Alejandro wrote:

1.) Nothing wrong with a Japanese culture center on pearl harbor. Are you a racist?

2.) The mosque owners have already stated that it is going to welcome anyone into their building.

3.) "Their radicals" - Not all muslims are terrorists.

4.) I hope you cry when it gets built, because it's getting built.

no im not a racist, i was merely providing another opinion on the situation... i have friends of all races, ill have you know.

good they will welcome in the KKK when they go to burn it down

i wouldnt cry over something so insignificant

woodspirit wrote:

i wouldnt cry over something so insignificant

Then why are you so against it? I'm with everyone else - I don't see why it's such a big deal.

I wouldn't say anyone is picking on you - you were the one that posted this with the obvious intent of pissing people off. And almost everything you've mentioned has it's own topic has been debated before.

woodspirit wrote:

OK I apologize for anyone that cares, I posted this on a different forum... I'm new, get over it.
    I feel like getting into a heated argument with someone over the times.
    So here are some things we can debate about, let me know which one. I'll put a little blip, my opinion about it so you can start the debate if you want.
    Fake space travel... it never happened,
    Global warming... was going to happen with humans or without, all we did was speed it up
    Mosque 600' from ground zero is a no no ...:nono:
    having 'under god' in our pledge... so what!? you don't say it you aren't patriotic...
    well that's enough stirred up... pick a topic, and lets debate

I shall comment on numerous things:

1. TeenHut does have a spell checker, just thought I'd throw that in there. But don't worry, I corrected most of your spelling errors for you in my quote. :p

2. On global warming, I do think it is blown totally out of proportion, and it is more political propaganda than the massive problem people are making it out to be. But we do need to do something.

3. I shall now be taking some Forum Money. Goodbye and have a nice day. :D
  • Re: Lets get into a heated debate...again

☺ wrote:

To be honest I don't really care what you think of my opinions so.,...
    I'm stunned. You have both bigotry and incomprehension stowed away in a neat little package. I didn't know you were that economical.

woodspirit wrote:

actually they are planning to build a mosque... how about you get your facts straight?
    It's a building they want to use as a community center, that has a small space within set aside for praying. There are no Minaret's on the building, and there are no Muezzin calls. It's not a Mosque. I suggest you do your own research before telling me to get my facts straight, because the only thing you just did was make yourself look like an uninformed child.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The post was edited 5 times, last by LuklaAdvocate ().

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

I'm stunned. You have both bigotry and incomprehension stowed away in a neat little package. I didn't know you were that economical.

:nono:
    So just because I don't agree with your opinions I am a "bigot"? Nice.

Seeing as you are being a little bitch, I'll reply then.

And by not allowing it, you're disrespecting the millions of Americans who've lost their lives for over 200 years, defending religious freedoms. The U.S. was built upon the principle that all religious, Islam included, have the right to toleration, and people have died fighting to keep that principle.

Prohibiting Muslim's from building their own community center (yes, community center, not Mosque) tarnishes what the U.S. stands for, and you're giving those responsible for the attacks the very thing they want: to induce fear.

1. "you're disrespecting the millions of Americans who've lost their lives for over 200 years, defending religious freedoms". Of course we should have religious freedoms, but places like this I do not think are appropriate. The hijackers were Islamic, so to build a community centre near a place where the extremists killed so many people I think is insensitive to the families.

2. "The U.S. was built upon the principle that all religious, Islam included, have the right to toleration, and people have died fighting to keep that principle.". See 1.

3. "Prohibiting Muslim's from building their own community center (yes, community center, not Mosque) tarnishes what the U.S. stands for". You can't be tolerant to every single thing in society- that is actually bad. But there are certain places where you really shouldn't build certain things.

4. " and you're giving those responsible for the attacks the very thing they want: to induce fear.". How is it fear? It's a matter of respect, not fear.

Happy now? :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

Btw what do people think of illegal refugees?
    They personally piss me off. There is a legal protocol to get here, use it. They're lucky we're not savage like other countries which shoot on sight. [Not that I am advocating shooting refugees].

Bring back temp protection visas, keep 'em safe for the time their country is unsafe to live in and once it is deemed safe, they can go back. Kills the people smuggler's business trade then and there.

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

I'm stunned. You have both bigotry and incomprehension stowed away in a neat little package. I didn't know you were that economical. It's a building they want to use as a community center, that has a small space within set aside for praying. There are no Minaret's on the building, and there are no Muezzin calls. It's not a Mosque. I suggest you do your own research before telling me to get my facts straight, because the only thing you just did was make yourself look like an uninformed child.

then why does every news channel, including worlds news on ABC call it a mosque... because they are uninformed children too right?

☺ wrote:

:nono:
    So just because I don't agree with your opinions I am a "bigot"? Nice.
    What does that have to do with that I said? You were the one who said you don't care what I think about your opinions. I simply responded. Don't try to push your intolerance of other opinions off on me.

☺ wrote:

Seeing as you are being a little bitch, I'll reply then.
    Rather an ironic statement coming from the guy who says, "
    I don't really care what you think of my opinions."

☺ wrote:

Of course we should have religious freedoms, but places like this I do not think are appropriate. The hijackers were Islamic, so to build a community centre near a place where the extremists killed so many people I think is insensitive to the families.
    So the whims of some family members should take priority over religious freedom? By the way, not all of families of 9/11 victims are opposed to the community center.

Yeah, the terrorists were Islam. Of the nearly 3000 people that died in the attack, there were innocent Muslim's that were killed as well.

This is merely people's emotions getting the better of them.

It's a Muslim community center, not a training camp for a call for Jihad.

☺ wrote:

See 1.
    Yeah, and your number 1 is merely a play on emotion. If you want to use emotion, I'd say the thousands of colonists and American's who died in the revolutionary war would all be acutely disrespected by the stifling the religious freedom you wish to implement.
    Those who attacked the U.S. did so in an attempt to educe a reaction and destroy the freedom's that the U.S. allegedly promises. You just fell into their trap.

☺ wrote:

You can't be tolerant to every single thing in society- that is actually bad. But there are certain places where you really shouldn't build certain things.
    New York is a civilian zone. There are no limits as to where a Muslim center can be placed. The only reason the center "shouldn't" be built is because people would become pissed off, for the wrong reason.

☺ wrote:

4. " and you're giving those responsible for the attacks the very thing they want: to induce fear.". How is it fear? It's a matter of respect, not fear.
    There are U.S. citizens that fear Muslims. Not all of them do, nor do the majority. Regardless, are you suggesting that fear isn't playing even a partial motivation for the blockage of this Muslim center?

☺ wrote:

Happy now? :rolleyes:
    No. If you would have just responded to my post without getting cheeky, the flippant remarks could have been avoided.

woodspirit wrote:

then why does every news channel, including worlds news on ABC call it a mosque... because they are uninformed children too right?
    You're honestly using what the media calls something to prove its validity? Do you think that this story would be getting a fourth of the attention is does now if it were called a "Muslim Community Center?"

When people think of "Mosque," this picture comes to mind:

When people think of "Community Center," this comes to mind:

Now, knowing the media, which one of these will cause more controversy and hence more news media when it's placed near ground zero?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The post was edited 1 time, last by LuklaAdvocate ().

What does that have to do with that I said? You were the one who said you don't care what I think about your opinions. I simply responded. Don't try to push your intolerance of other opinions off on me.

How does having personal beliefs make me intolerant? I was being honest- if you disagree with my opinions I simply do not care.

Rather an ironic statement coming from the guy who says, "I don't really care what you think of my opinions."

Well you wanted a response, right? So I am doomed if I don't reply, and doomed if I do. Nice.

So the whims of some family members should take priority over religious freedom? By the way, not all of families of 9/11 victims are opposed to the community center.

Yeah, the terrorists were Islam. Of the nearly 3000 people that died in the attack, there were innocent Muslim's that were killed as well.

This is merely people's emotions getting the better of them.

It's a Muslim community center, not a training camp for a call for Jihad.

Errr, yes? Why should someone's religion take precedence over people's suffering? That's dumb.

So what if some of the families agree. What about those who don't? And of course there were muslims who died, as there were christians, jews, athiests, gays, lesbians etc. Your point?
    Did I ever say it was going to be a training camp for terrorism? NO.

Yeah, and your number 1 is merely a play on emotion. If you want to use emotion, I'd say the thousands of colonists and American's who died in the revolutionary war would all be acutely disrespected by the stifling the religious freedom you wish to implement.
    Those who attacked the U.S. did so in an attempt to educe a reaction and destroy the freedom's that the U.S. allegedly promises. You just fell into their trap.

I'm not stifling religious freedom. Religious freedom does not mean you can place what you want, anywhere you like. There have to be limitations.

No I did not fall into their trap. Am I calling for all muslims to be killed? NO.

New York is a civilian zone. There are no limits as to where a Muslim center can be placed. The only reason the center "shouldn't" be built is because people would become pissed off, for the wrong reason.

No, it isn't for the "wrong reason". YOU think it is the wrong reason, that isn't what is right and wrong. If people have a problem with it, they have a right to an opinion. Just because you think emotions are bad in this scenario doesn't mean they can't speak their mind.

There are U.S. citizens that fear Muslims. Not all of them do, nor do the majority. Regardless, are you suggesting that fear isn't playing even a partial motivation for the blockage of this Muslim center?

What? Of course fear will play an emotion. People would still be hurt by this, even if it was almost 9 years ago. People fear different things. Some are scared of gays. Some are scared of christians. Some are scared of atheists.

No. If you would have just responded to my post without getting cheeky, the flippant remarks could have been avoided.

It's called a "heated" debate. You called me a bigot, so I will call you a bitch. YOUR remarks could also have been avoided. But you decided to say it anyway.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Why? Do you think that this story would be getting a fourth of the attention is does now if it were called a "Muslim Community Center?"

When people think of "Mosque," this picture comes to mind:

It includes a mosque.