Ground Zero Mosque

• Re: Ground Zero Mosque

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

Who should leave this country? Muslims? Because a few radicals decided to highjack four jets? Yeah...that sounds perfectly logical.

And oh yeah, why should we, the United States, hold higher standards than "over there" and allow Mosques to be built!?

Hm, not just Muslims, how about all the people wanting to build religious buildings? Personally, i think it is a waste of space, time, and money.

Good questions, why should we? Also, what you see as "higher standards" and what i see as "higher standards" are obviously completely different.

-Fear

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Final Fear ().

The Final Fear wrote:

Hm, not just Muslims, how about all the people wanting to build religious buildings? Personally, i think it is a waste of space, time, and money.
    It doesn't affect you. What's the problem?

It's their money. They can do whatever the hell they want with it.

The Final Fear wrote:

Good questions, why should we? Also, what you see as "higher standards" and what i see as "higher standards" are obviously completely different.
    We should allow them because it's their right.

I call "higher standards" allowing people to peacefully practice their religion when and where they like, as long as it complies with federal and local laws.

You call "higher standards" simply telling every religious person to leave. In your case, the U.S. population just dropped dramatically, and I wish you the best of luck dealing with the fallout.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wouldn't even give this issue a second thought if so many Americans weren't opposed to it. The opposition has no Constitutional (or even logical) ground to stand on, yet it's the majority view. Just goes to show that there are a lot more idiots than intellectuals.
    [CENTER]"Young King, pay me in gold."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

It doesn't affect you. What's the problem?

It's their money. They can do whatever the hell they want with it. We should allow them because it's their right.

I call "higher standards" allowing people to peacefully practice their religion when and where they like, as long as it complies with federal and local laws.

You call "higher standards" simply telling every religious person to leave. In your case, the U.S. population just dropped dramatically, and I wish you the best of luck dealing with the fallout.

They can do whatever they want with their money, but i will still see them as being foolish for wasting it on religion.

Like i said, it's just my beliefs and they are not likely to change, i will always be against religion. If it were my country, they could chose to continue believing in what they want but not publicly practice it, or they could go to another country and do whatever they want with their
    religious beliefs.

-Fear

The Final Fear wrote:

Like i said, it's just my beliefs and they are not likely to change, i will always be against religion. If it were my country, they could chose to continue believing in what they want but not publicly practice it, or they could go to another country and do whatever they want with their
    religious beliefs.

-Fear
    You know, I think many tyrants had a similar concept.

I've met a lot of people who are against religion. Most of them are not harebrained enough to force others to cease personal religious practices in public. Unfortunately for you, this isn't your country, and you're not allowed to force your bigoted beliefs upon others.

And I'm sure glad to know you will always be against religion. That's just another way of admitting that you will always be closed-minded and intolerant.

The Final Fear wrote:

They can do whatever they want with their money, but i will still see them as being foolish for wasting it on religion.
    I find things many people to do to be a waste of time and money as well. Doesn't mean I'm going to shove my opinion down their throat and stop their right to spend their money on whatever they please. Are you seriously that contemptuous towards beliefs other than your own?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

You know, I think many tyrants had a similar concept.

I've met a lot of people who are against religion. Most of them are not harebrained enough to force others to cease personal religious practices in public. Unfortunately for you, this isn't your country, and you're not allowed to force your bigoted beliefs upon others.

And I'm sure glad to know you will always be against religion. That's just another way of admitting that you will always be closed-minded and intolerant.
    I find things many people to do to be a waste of time and money as well. Doesn't mean I'm going to shove my opinion down their throat and stop their right to spend their money on whatever they please. Are you seriously that contemptuous towards beliefs other than your own?

You mad bro?

You are getting all hostile and what not, i don't understand. You act like i run rampant acting upon my beliefs. I don't walk around and hate on people who are religious, most of my friends are religious. Fact of the matter is that deep down, i hate religion and always will; doesn't mean i have to hate the people who like religion.

Last i checked i didn't force anyone to cease personal religious beliefs in public. I would prefer not running my own country, i do not aspire to hold such responsibility. But theoretically speaking, if i did own a country, my beliefs would be law.

You speak volumes about yourself, here you are telling me i am close-minded for not considering religion but here you are being close-minded for not considering anti-religion.

By the way bro, i didn't shove my beliefs down anyones throat, nor did i prevent anyone from spending their money how they would like. I admit you have excellent diction and you are very intelligent, but you seem to be drawing huge conclusions based on little or no evidence. You assume i do things i don't do.

With love and concern,
    -Fear

The Final Fear wrote:

You mad bro?
    Not exactly. Just flabbergasted at your abridgement of sensibility.

The Final Fear wrote:

You are getting all hostile and what not, i don't understand. You act like i run rampant acting upon my beliefs. I don't walk around and hate on people who are religious, most of my friends are religious. Fact of the matter is that deep down, i hate religion and always will; doesn't mean i have to hate the people who like religion.
    And your method of showing that lack of hatred is asking your friends to leave the country?

The Final Fear wrote:

Last i checked i didn't force anyone to cease personal religious beliefs in public. I would prefer not running my own country, i do not aspire to hold such responsibility. But theoretically speaking, if i did own a country, my beliefs would be law.
    Never said you were forcing them.

My implication was rather clear in that I said it's stupid that you would force them, given the chance.
    i.e. you'd outlaw religious practices in public in the event you were in charge of your own country.

The Final Fear wrote:

You speak volumes about yourself, here you are telling me i am close-minded for not considering religion but here you are being close-minded for not considering anti-religion.
    Actually, that's not what I said.

What I did say was that you're closed minded if you'll "always be against religion." Whenever somebody says they'll "always" be against something, it implies they're closed minded to alternative opinions, even if the evidence presents a better alternative option.

That would be like a creationist saying "I'll always be against evolution," even if evolution were to eventually satisfy even the most skeptical of opponents.

The Final Fear wrote:

By the way bro, i didn't shove my beliefs down anyones throat, nor did i prevent anyone from spending their money how they would like. I admit you have excellent diction and you are very intelligent, but you seem to be drawing huge conclusions based on little or no evidence. You assume i do things i don't do.
    Again, when given the chance, you would be shoving your opinion down somebody's throat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The post was edited 1 time, last by LuklaAdvocate ().

Timmarus wrote:

The thing is, it's not either your space, time, OR money. It's theirs, and they have a right to use it on whatever they want.

I never prevented them from using their space, time, or money. Let me try to clarify this. Okay, i believe that people are wasting time, money, and space by constructing religious buildings. When i think of this Ground Zero Mosque, that is the thought that my brain processes. Never did i say my thoughts are law, i just said that if i were leader they would be law(basically expressing the strength of my beliefs), however i would never be leader; it's impossible(i am a realist). So i am lost on why people are getting all uptight over it, there is no argument. It's not like if you out-debate me my beliefs will change. Consider me a dogmatist when it comes to religious-like views.

-Fear

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

Not exactly. Just flabbergasted at your abridgement of sensibility.

And your method of showing that lack of hatred is asking your friends to leave the country?
    Never said you were forcing them.

My implication was rather clear in that I said it's stupid that you would force them, given the chance.
    i.e. you'd outlaw religious practices in public in the event you were in charge of your own country.
    Actually, that's not what I said.

What I did say was that you're closed minded if you'll "always be against religion." Whenever somebody says they'll "always" be against something, it implies they're closed minded to alternative opinions, even if the evidence presents a better alternative option.

That would be like a creationist saying "I'll always be against evolution," even if evolution were to eventually satisfy even the most skeptical of opponents.
    Again, when given the chance, you would be shoving your opinion down somebody's throat.

I don't recall asking my friends to leave the country. I would never run a country so i would never be put into the situation of making laws that go against my friends beliefs. Therefore, your question makes no sense to me.

I would never get the chance, nor want the chance, so i really don't have much to say on that matter.

Can one be considered "close-minded" if they are always against one thing, but open-minded to all the rest? Sure, i may be close-minded on the concept of religion but by no means does that make me a close-minded person.

I never shove my beliefs down people's throat. I would never lead a country, so again not much to say here.

Not sure how to divide up the quotes, so i hope you are able to determine which responses go to which statement/questions/ect.

-Fear

The Final Fear wrote:

I don't recall asking my friends to leave the country. I would never run a country so i would never be put into the situation of making laws that go against my friends beliefs. Therefore, your question makes no sense to me.
    When referring to Muslim's, you said, "they should leave this country completely." When I prodded further and asked about other religions, you said, "not just Muslims, how about all the people wanting to build religious buildings?" That denotes people of all religions, and your idea that they should leave the country.

You then said that many of your friends are religious; actually, you said most of them were religious if my memory serves me correctly. Consequently, you're essentially saying you want most of your friends to leave the country.

The Final Fear wrote:

I would never get the chance, nor want the chance, so i really don't have much to say on that matter.
    Irrelevant. I know you won't get the chance. That's not the point.

I doubt any Neo-Nazi's will ever get the chance to run a country. That doesn't change the fact that their intentions and ideologies are beyond reason.

The Final Fear wrote:

Can one be considered "close-minded" if they are always against one thing, but open-minded to all the rest? Sure, i may be close-minded on the concept of religion but by no means does that make me a close-minded person.
    So you need to be closed-minded on about every subject in order to be a closed-minded person?

The Final Fear wrote:

I never shove my beliefs down people's throat. I would never lead a country, so again not much to say here.
    You already admitted that you would. The only difference here is, you have no way to execute your intentions on a national scale.

The Final Fear wrote:

Not sure how to divide up the quotes, so i hope you are able to determine which responses go to which statement/questions/ect.
    It's simple. You just use the quoting brackets each time you want to quote a different portion. Maybe this will help:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A lot of the opposition fails to realize that these Muslims wanting to build this mosque/community center had wanted to leave their shitty and run-down original place of worship for the longest time, and that they had been worshiping quietly in NYC for a long time (with people having no problem with them until now). They're not radical Islamic terrorists, they're simple Muslims trying to live a simple life in the U.S., just like many of us are trying to do right now yo

people need to give them the benefit of the doubt and stop bickering amongst themselves about it yo, rather than pull a Bush and try doing everything we can to stop them from doing this under the false pretense that they're doing this maliciously

Just let them build the damn thing you loonies. There's nothing wrong with it, and I'm just as American as anyone else. Unlike you boners, I support the Constitution of the United States.

The God Damn First Amendment wrote:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

That's the end of it. It would be greatly unconstitutional for any order to be passed to cease the construction of this "mosque". I don't understand why that's so hard to understand. Not all Muslims are extremists, and I assume that the people in this thread who are against this site's construction were the same people who thought anyone who looked like a Muslim back in 2001 was a terrorist. Get your head out of your asses people, seriously.
    [CENTER]
    [CENTER]The only angels we need invoke are those of our better nature; reason, honesty and love.
    The only demons we need fear are those that lurk inside every human mind; ignorance, hatred, greed, and faith.

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Christopher wrote:

Just let them build the damn thing you loonies. There's nothing wrong with it, and I'm just as American as anyone else. Unlike you boners, I support the Constitution of the United States.

That's the end of it. It would be greatly unconstitutional for any order to be passed to cease the construction of this "mosque". I don't understand why that's so hard to understand. Not all Muslims are extremists, and I assume that the people in this thread who are against this site's construction were the same people who thought anyone who looked like a Muslim back in 2001 was a terrorist. Get your head out of your asses people, seriously.

Life is a little funner when you view every Middle Eastern person as a Muslim extremist looking to cause mass destruction.

-Fear

Thoughts>Actions

You're all a bunch of Catholic terror babies waiting on the Pope to activate you for surgical strikes against abortion clinics. Any denials will only prove your guilt and any supporting statements to the contrary will denounce pro-terror supporters.
    Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind. ~Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason
    [CENTER]The greatest thing you'll ever learn
    Is just to Love
    And be Loved in return
    [/CENTER]

The Final Fear wrote:

Life is a little funner when you view every Middle Eastern person as a Muslim extremist looking to cause mass destruction.

-Fear

Thoughts>Actions
    So that's your reasoning, because it's fun? I suppose it would be fun to be bigoted, assuming you're of lower intelligence and comprehension of life itself. Stereotyping is a horrible trait my friend, I hope you'll somehow grow out of it.
    [CENTER]
    [CENTER]The only angels we need invoke are those of our better nature; reason, honesty and love.
    The only demons we need fear are those that lurk inside every human mind; ignorance, hatred, greed, and faith.

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

DeaExMachina wrote:

You're all a bunch of Catholic terror babies waiting on the Pope to activate you for surgical strikes against abortion clinics. Any denials will only prove your guilt and any supporting statements to the contrary will denounce pro-terror supporters.

Not catholic, for abortion.

-Fear

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Christopher wrote:

So that's your reasoning, because it's fun? I suppose it would be fun to be bigoted, assuming you're of lower intelligence and comprehension of life itself. Stereotyping is a horrible trait my friend, I hope you'll somehow grow out of it.

You fail to see what i am saying, i think i have tried to explain it about four times already. Yes i stereotype in my mind, but that has absolutely no effect on my actions. Let's hypothetically say in my mind, i hate black people with a burning passion and i believe they should all be killed. Let's say a black person walks up to me in class and asks me a question, i will answer his question in a friendly manner and continue living my life. Who i am is not affected by what i believe or think.

You speak volumes about yourself by jumping into a conversation and immediately resorting to name-calling.

-Fear

The Final Fear wrote:

You fail to see what i am saying, i think i have tried to explain it about four times already. Yes i stereotype in my mind, but that has absolutely no effect on my actions. Let's hypothetically say in my mind, i hate black people with a burning passion and i believe they should all be killed. Let's say a black person walks up to me in class and asks me a question, i will answer his question in a friendly manner and continue living my life. Who i am is not affected by what i believe or think.

You speak volumes about yourself by jumping into a conversation and immediately resorting to name-calling.

-Fear
    Wat. I can't change the way you think, obviously, so if you won't actually act on your thoughts then I believe I've already won. By not speaking out against it, your thoughts are just thoughts, no actions.

And I can do whatever I please, kthnx. I just find it very primitive to believe as you do, in such a way that you generalize the actions of an entire religious group based on the actions of a few extremists.
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]