Ground Zero Mosque

• Re: Ground Zero Mosque

Dr.Carter wrote:

This.

Victory about what? They flew planes into two of our buildings so we sent a large combat force over there to protect oil interests and shoot ethnic looking people.

Sounds like a major victory for them.

Way to undertone the entirety of the situation.
    [CENTER]To the dumb question, 'Why me?' the cosmos barely bothers to return the reply, 'Why not?[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Hitchens[/CENTER]

Alex wrote:

Recent polls show that 60% (need confirm) or so Americans do not support it, which means that 60% or so "Americans" do not support the first amendment. How sad.

Anyone has a right to build a mosque anywhere. I wonder how it would be handled if it was a Christian in charge of the mosque.

You know what is sad? How "Americans" like you always preach freedom to Muslims. You go around catering to what they want, while saying you are only supporting their amendments. However, what about the Americans who are expressing their freedom of speech by opposing it?

I guess you never took their freedoms into consideration, nope, only you libtards cater to one group, then when another group expresses their freedom of speech, you suddenly go 180 and tell them they aren't.

I swear, this is why I hate liberals, unpatriotic and hypocrites.

Commonsense wrote:

You know what is sad? How "Americans" like you always preach freedom to Muslims. You go around catering to what they want, while saying you are only supporting their amendments. However, what about the Americans who are expressing their freedom of speech by opposing it?
    I guess you never took their freedoms into consideration, nope, only you libtards cater to one group, then when another group expresses their freedom of speech, you suddenly go 180 and tell them they aren't.
    Since when are these unpatriotic libtards not allowing anti-mosque advocates to express their opinions?
    Have they blocked rallies against the mosque? Have they censored anti-mosque rhetoric?
    There's a difference between stopping free speech, and then stopping the implementation of what that free speech wishes to accomplish.

P.S. Don't bump old threads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

Since when are these unpatriotic libtards not allowing anti-mosque advocates to express their opinions?
    Have they blocked rallies against the mosque? Have they censored anti-mosque rhetoric?
    There's a difference between stopping free speech, and then stopping the implementation of what that free speech wishes to accomplish.

P.S. Don't bump old threads.

Reread what he wrote, he stated because 60% of Americans don't want the mosque near the site, they don't support the first amendment. He is basically saying we HAVE to warmly embrace the Mosque or else we just hate freedom of speech WHILE ignoring the Americans who oppose it are also expressing their first amendment rights.

Commonsense wrote:

Reread what he wrote, he stated because 60% of Americans don't want the mosque near the site, they don't support the first amendment. He is basically saying we HAVE to warmly embrace the Mosque or else we just hate freedom of speech WHILE ignoring the Americans who oppose it are also expressing their first amendment rights.
    Pretty sure he was alluding to freedom of religion when he mentioned the first amendment, not freedom of speech.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Commonsense wrote:

Ironic username is ironic.

Patriotism is stupid.

Freedom of speech/religion is the right of everyone, deal with it.

Religion is for the weak who cannot deal with life on their own IMO but if they want to waste their money (and if they have to money to waste) on a temple for their invisible magic sky daddy, go for it. Who cares where it is? As long as it doesn't say "Fuck the people who died in the 9/11 crash! lol" or the like, I see no problem with it. Just because the terrorists were muslim doesn't mean that ALL muslims are bad. That's like saying if they were wearing a blue hat when they crashed into the towers then all blue hats should be banned. One spoiled apple doesn't destroy an orchard.

In a perfect world I'd say there shouldn't be any reason why they can't build one there. I'd be all for it really. However the world is not perfect and people will take offence to it being there fr misguided views and it will cause trouble.
    So I'd say just for the sake of keeping the peace and not asking for trouble - don't build one there. Surely there are plenty of other places that don't have the history the Ground Zero has that they can build one.

Again, it's not a view because it'd make me sick to see one there or anything, far from it. But people either effected by 9/11 directly, or hell even more so people who weren't that just see the building of a Mosque there as a great big middle finger being built will just incite trouble. You can tell all those people to just calm down and look at it logically, but they won't. There will always be people who deeply oppose it, and just for that reason for the sake of trouble I say build it somewhere else. Do they NEED to build it there or something? Is it a special place they have to build it? (serious/honest question), or is it more a symbol of good faith that we should all be able to share this area? Because I'm sure they're not stupid enough to want to build it there specifically to start or incite trouble.

snowman4839 wrote:

Religion is for the weak who cannot deal with life on their own IMO but if they want to waste their money (and if they have to money to waste) on a temple for their invisible magic sky daddy, go for it. Who cares where it is? As long as it doesn't say "Fuck the people who died in the 9/11 crash! lol" or the like, I see no problem with it. Just because the terrorists were muslim doesn't mean that ALL muslims are bad. That's like saying if they were wearing a blue hat when they crashed into the towers then all blue hats should be banned. One spoiled apple doesn't destroy an orchard.

Other than the fact that it's not a Mosque, I agree.