Rebuild the Twin Towers?

• Rebuild the Twin Towers?

It is I, Megatron. And today, I want to talk to you about my thoughts on 9/11.
      I'm from Cybertron, so I don't know much about events on Earth, but here's what I know. 19 al-Qaeda terrorist hijacked four commercial passenger jet airliners. The hijackers intentionally crashed two of the airliners into the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center Twin Towers in New York City, killing everyone on board and many others working in the buildings. Both buildings collapsed within two hours, destroying nearby buildings and damaging others. The attacked killed thousands. Boy, and I thought I was evil. But I'm not writing this to teach you a history lesson. Here's the point. I think they should rebuild the Twin Towers and not that stupid thing you call "The Freedom Tower". Do YOU think they should rebuild the Twin Towers, newer and better than ever.

So what's your opinion. Should they rebuild the Twin Towers? I think so.

Signed,
      -Megatron
    • Re: Rebuild the Twin Towers?

Megatron wrote:

It is I, Megatron. And today, I want to talk to you about my thoughts on 9/11.
      I'm from Cybertron, so I don't know much about events on Earth
      , but here's what I know. 19 al-Qaeda terrorist hijacked four commercial passenger jet airliners. The hijackers intentionally crashed two of the airliners into the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center Twin Towers in New York City, killing everyone on board and many others working in the buildings. Both buildings collapsed within two hours, destroying nearby buildings and damaging others. The attacked killed thousands. Boy, and I thought I was evil. But I'm not writing this to teach you a history lesson. Here's the point. I think they should rebuild the Twin Towers and not that stupid thing you call "The Freedom Tower". Do YOU think they should rebuild the Twin Towers, newer and better than ever.

So what's your opinion. Should they rebuild the Twin Towers? I think so.

Signed,
      -Megatron

Uhmmm?... What? Ever heard of an insane asylum?

Dice Kid wrote:

NO , it will be disrespectful to the thousands of people who died in the attack, to carry on like nothing had even happend ,

Keeping a hole in the ground isn't the only reminder of September 11th. Building new twin towers isn't going to make anyone forget about what happened. They repaired the hole in the Pentagon; the grass grew back in that Pennsylvania field. Why not build new towers? I think building new ones is a good idea. Expensive, but good. They could dedicate the new towers to the victims. At the pentagon they made benches for each victim.

The post was edited 2 times, last by xNerRadx ().

I think they should. I've been waiting for them to do it for years. I absolutely loved them and would love to see them come back.
      [CENTER]R.I.P Captain Jack Sparrow, 13/3/09[/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]You did it, beautiful.<3[/CENTER]
      formspring.me/Asperitas <- Don't be a fgt. It makes you look bad.
      [RIGHT]omygaga.tumblr.com/ <-Blog of godlike proportions.
      [/RIGHT]

I don't see much of a point in it. Not to say they're gonna have more planes crashed into them just that eventually, every building we know today is gonna come down sooner or later, and the money wasted in re-building something that was one of the most tragic events since my birth, seems a little bit disrespectful of the innocent souls who passed away those years ago.
      [SIZE=2]No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.[/SIZE]
      -George S. Patton :cool:

Here's the reasons I think it should be done.

They are another person's thoughts on why it should be done. I'm using them because I totally agree.

Most americans want the Twin Towers rebuilt.

This will restore New York's skyline to its previous beauty.

It will show terrororists they cannot alter our skyline for long.

I believe it is the right thing to do and it will honor the thousands of people who died, and will send a message to the world that America will NOT be defeated. ever.

The Freedom Tower is the most ugly thing I've ever seen. It's just stupid. As Daffy Duck would say...It's DESPICABLE!!!

The odd looking trapezoid buildings look out of place and don't belong in New York. Maybe they could build the Freedom Tower in Chicago.

This is not the appropriate structure to fill the hole in our hearts.

Bottom line: Don't build this.

Build this:

Megatron wrote:

The odd looking trapezoid buildings look out of place and don't belong in New York. Maybe they could build the Freedom Tower in Chicago.

Funny how this argument is usually implemented against modern buildings in 'traditional' settings, whereas here New York, itself a model of modernity, has adopted its own stuck, 'traditional' image. When it comes to architecture, we can't just keep throwing up yesterday's styles. Environments would become set in their ways and boring.
      [CENTER]

[RIGHT]Ta-ta
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]

Esmo wrote:

Funny how this argument is usually implemented against modern buildings in 'traditional' settings, whereas here New York, itself a model of modernity, has adopted its own stuck, 'traditional' image. When it comes to architecture, we can't just keep throwing up yesterday's styles. Environments would become set in their ways and boring.

I agree.

Once people lived in huts. Then they moved to houses. If we use that same argument that it doesn't belong, we should be living in huts. As at those times, houses probably weren't normal.

NO , it will be disrespectful to the thousands of people who died in the attack, to carry on like nothing had even happend ,

IMO yo, it's more disrespectful and ignorant to the fallen that the Twin Towers haven't been rebuilt yet. Rebuilding the Twin Towers would most certainly be the ultimate memorial to those that died, and it would be a reminder to all of the events that happened that fateful day yo, and would still be sacred ground.

the more time goes on and the towers still haven't been rebuilt yet, the more people are forgetting about 9/11

hell yo, it's taking the whole shit with the mosque to get people to think about the events of 9/11 again, and that in itself is sad.

Mr X wrote:

I agree.

Once people lived in huts. Then they moved to houses. If we use that same argument that it doesn't belong, we should be living in huts. As at those times, houses probably weren't normal.

Why did we used to live in huts? Why not caves?
      I give cam shows every now and then, but I MUST know you and be comfortable with you before I will do them for you! If interested, contact me and get to know me!