Legaliziation of Marijuana

• Re: Legaliziation of Marijuana

eswalle wrote:

i think that it doesnt really matter beacuase the olny people who want to legalize marijuana are to low in the food chain to do it. also no politition is go to up right up and say that they want o legalize marijuana because they will look stupid and no politition likes to look stupid so its never going to happen. so they will never legalize marijuana anyway they get more money catching people doing it illegaly any way why make it legal and earn alot less.

The government would actually make a lot of money legalizing mary jane, it would stimulate the economy, and the government would ofc be taxing it and making the scientific shit. It would also free up space in prisons where resources would be spent on rapists and murderers instead of pothead kids.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

no, the police in england weigh a ten bag at 0.4 grams....who wants a 0.4 gram bag? not me :)

Harry!!!! :D

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

and the health concerns are irellivant really, if you dont like it, dont smoke it. if it it bothers you dont smoke it. and if your biased why are you chattin shit in a section called debating...pillocks

Harry!!! :D

Dystroxia wrote:

I don't think it should be legalized. It should, however, be decriminalized.
      See, I don't see how that makes much sense. I mean, I know the difference between legalization and decriminalization, but I think only decriminalizing it just makes things more ridiculous and complicated than they need to be. Why the fuck bother? Just legalize it and let people do wtfever they want.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

Goddess of Judecca wrote:

See, I don't see how that makes much sense. I mean, I know the difference between legalization and decriminalization, but I think only decriminalizing it just makes things more ridiculous and complicated than they need to be. Why the fuck bother? Just legalize it and let people do wtfever they want.

~Maggot

I'm sorry, I should have elaborated. With legalization, the major corporations would fiddle around with marijuana, and I don't like that idea. The big tobacco companies, especially, I can see jumping on this sort of opportunity and I don't trust them to sell anything safe, especially considering the chemicals that get pumped into cigarettes already.

Dystroxia wrote:

I'm sorry, I should have elaborated. With legalization, the major corporations would fiddle around with marijuana, and I don't like that idea. The big tobacco companies, especially, I can see jumping on this sort of opportunity and I don't trust them to sell anything safe, especially considering the chemicals that get pumped into cigarettes already.

And you trust people with no real understanding of the scientific aspect of growing weed more? :nono:
      [CENTER]To the dumb question, 'Why me?' the cosmos barely bothers to return the reply, 'Why not?[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Hitchens[/CENTER]

Dystroxia wrote:

Sounds like it'd become every other product in American - food, drinks, tobacco, toys, etc. Everything's full of chemicals and shit. But people could also choose to buy "organic" weed (seeing as organic food is an increasing trend, weed would surely follow), or they could buy the shit from the big companies. I'd say it's just easier to let people choose that for themselves.

As far as I understood, I thought that decriminalizing it would make it legal to use but not to grow and sell. I could, however, be wrong about that.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

Goddess of Judecca wrote:

Sounds like it'd become every other product in American - food, drinks, tobacco, toys, etc. Everything's full of chemicals and shit. But people could also choose to buy "organic" weed (seeing as organic food is an increasing trend, weed would surely follow), or they could buy the shit from the big companies. I'd say it's just easier to let people choose that for themselves.

As far as I understood, I thought that decriminalizing it would make it legal to use but not to grow and sell. I could, however, be wrong about that.

~Maggot

Hey, if there's organic tobacco, I can't see organic weed not being part of the game.
      She kept lookin' at her watch (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      But I cried the whole time (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      I think she might've been a racist (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      She put a bag on my head (Still counts)

~+ Bear +~ wrote:

And you trust people with no real understanding of the scientific aspect of growing weed more? :nono:

It's not rocket surgery to grow marijuana, and there's no real negative effects of not growing it right as far as the consumer is concerned. Bad cultivation tactics will give you less yield, which is not a good thing, but it's not like you need to treat marijuana plants with plethora of chemicals to get a smokeable bud.

The worst thing that could happen is some dealer rushes his shit out and doesn't cure it first, resulting in a little more water vapor in your lungs if you smoke it. It's not good for you, but it's not the end of the world.
      [CENTER]"Young King, pay me in gold."
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Dr.Carter wrote:

It's not rocket surgery to grow marijuana, and there's no real negative effects of not growing it right as far as the consumer is concerned. Bad cultivation tactics will give you less yield, which is not a good thing, but it's not like you need to treat marijuana plants with plethora of chemicals to get a smokeable bud.

The worst thing that could happen is some dealer rushes his shit out and doesn't cure it first, resulting in a little more water vapor in your lungs if you smoke it. It's not good for you, but it's not the end of the world.

It wasn't a serious comment :p
      Was suppose to be said in the "worried mother" tone.
      [CENTER]To the dumb question, 'Why me?' the cosmos barely bothers to return the reply, 'Why not?[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Hitchens[/CENTER]