Why do you care so much if there is a God?

• Why do you care so much if there is a God?

Title says it all.
      I see fanatics, and I just laugh.

Why do you give such a damn about a God?
      I don't have a religion, for I'm not gonna believe there is a God just by reading a mere book that could've been translated poorly or even just downright fake. And I'm not Atheist because I'm not gonna say blatantly there is no God, because you won't know either until you die. That's fact. Atheists say that science PROVES God wrong. That's fucking stupid. Why? Science is never 100%, Google it. Also, science doesn't prove jack shit about God.

Just ask an Atheists these questions:
      "Why was there the big bang?"
      "What created the big bang?"
      "What created what created the big bang?"
      "What created the universe, in which the big bang happened in?"
      "What created what created the universe?"
      And so on, I guarantee he will be completely clueless.

And ask a fanatic these questions:
      "Who created God?"
      "How did God create himself, without something creating him and if something created him what created that?"
      "How did God create organisms with just a snap of his finger?"
      "Why do you believe in the Bible?"
      "Why do you believe the man who created the Bible?"
      And so on. Once again, I guarantee he will be clueless.

YOU WILL NOT know 100% there is a God until you're dead, that is fact and final. Why believe in this God, or not, and be stressed all the time with believers, non-believers, or even other believers? Why, do you want to worship someone because a contradictory book told you? Why do you want to go against religious people, just because some scientist said "Oh, look Big Bang theory."?

Why don't you just live your life to the fullest and peacfully?

If there is a God, then he will be pleased and send you up to Heaven because you were nice, peaceful, and had a fun time stress free about this. If there isn't a God, then you wouldn't be as depressed and you lived your life to the fullest and you know that as you die, so you didn't just waste your life only to go into a black nothingness. Why not do these things, so you can have a happier and fuller life?
    • Re: Why do you care so much if there is a God?

Journal wrote:

Just ask an Atheists these questions:
      "Why was there the big bang?"
      "What created the big bang?"
      Does it really matter all that much? In the grand scheme of things, we know enough to understand that there was a big bang.

Why it occurred and what caused it are still being researched. It's extremely difficult for physics to tell us what happened prior to the big bang.

Journal wrote:

"What created what created the big bang?"
      We don't even know if anything existed prior to the big bang.

Journal wrote:

"What created the universe, in which the big bang happened in?"
      "What created what created the universe?"
      If the universe is eternal, then nothing created it. If the big bang is indeed the starting point of the universe, it's currently beyond our technology for us to determine what executed the big bang.

Journal wrote:

And ask a fanatic these questions:
      "Who created God?"
      And if God is eternal?

Journal wrote:

"How did God create himself, without something creating him and if something created him what created that?"
      God can't "create himself."

Eventually, if you go back far enough, either something came from nothing (didn't have a creator) or matter/energy/God have always existed.

Journal wrote:

"How did God create organisms with just a snap of his finger?"
      Omnipotence.

Journal wrote:

"Why do you believe the man who created the Bible?"
      Men*

There was no one man that created the Bible, and it wasn't put into it's current form instantaneously.

Journal wrote:

If there is a God, then he will be pleased and send you up to Heaven because you were nice, peaceful, and had a fun time stress free about this.
      Man, I love how you talk about the Bible as if you're an expert on it, and then state something that is completely contrary to what the Bible claims.

Journal wrote:

Why don't you just live your life to the fullest and peacfully?
      Have you ever pondered the idea that many people actually enjoy debating and researching the idea of God and religion?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The post was edited 1 time, last by LuklaAdvocate ().

Prophet of 50 Cent wrote:

Why do you care so much if people care so much if there is a God or not yo?

Take your own advice son

^ It's a debate.. Therefore trying to make a point and bring realization.. Stupid post.

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

Does it really matter all that much? In the grand scheme of things, we know enough to understand that there was a big bang.
      K how do we know for a fact there was a Big Bang? Explain.

Why it occurred and what caused it are still being researched. It's extremely difficult for physics to tell us what happened prior to the big bang.
      We don't even know if anything existed prior to the big bang.
      Glad someone could admit it.

If the universe is eternal, then nothing created it. If the big bang is indeed the starting point of the universe, it's currently beyond our technology for us to determine what executed the big bang.And if God is eternal?
      Something created it all, universe, God, all of it. Maybe God did it. Maybe a bing bang. Maybe this God created the big bang. Who knows, just saying for people shouldn't be such crazy fanatics when there is no 100%.
      God can't "create himself."
      I grew up people telling me all the time that God created himself. Even in church. I was a Christian sure.

Eventually, if you go back far enough, either something came from nothing (didn't have a creator) or matter/energy/God have always existed.
      Kay, what created that?

Omnipotence.
      How did he get omnipotence?

Men*

There was no one man that created the Bible, and it wasn't put into it's current form instantaneously.
      I say man, because this is for all religions. A single man created a Bible(Or script or whatever it is your religion has) in some religions, and men created it in some others.

Man, I love how you talk about the Bible as if you're an expert on it, and then state something that is completely contrary to what the Bible claims.
      Christianity believes(As well as many other religions) if you lived a good life and you were a good person with a good soul, you'd go to Heaven. If you had a bad soul, you go to Hell.

Have you ever pondered the idea that many people actually enjoy debating and researching the idea of God and religion?

I've only see few.
      I mostly see people running around trying to convert other people and getting all stressed and worried over something that isn't 100% true. I've even seen a lot of people's lives destroyed over religion. But yes, in all I have.

DamnImGood wrote:

I don't know any atheists that say that.
      Every Atheist I've met says that.

You obviously don't know much about religion. You're generalizing, but you're obviously referring to the Christian faith, which states that to be accepted into Heaven, you must accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, otherwise be condemned to an eternity in Hell. They believe it, and therefore that's why they care.

I generalized it, I didn't state things like that, and I said things wrong because this is for all different religions. Yeah, it's more in the direction of Christianity but that's one of the biggest religions, the biggest religion in America.

No he won't. Unless you satisfy the criteria above.
      This is for all religions. So not necessarily, that's just what most religions generally believe.

Answers in bold.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Little Raven ().

DamnImGood wrote:

If you want to engage in debates, please quote properly because it makes it very difficult to respond when you place your responses inside quotes.

You're what... 12 years old? Yeah. Try meeting some atheists who actually have a clue.

I guess I am the first atheist you have "met" that doesn't think that?

Or you could just go back and look?

1. With 3 large quotes, it's much easier to do it that way.

2. So what? Age doesn't matter. I hang around 16-21 year olds all the time.

3. No. Learn to read.

^ It's a debate.. Therefore trying to make a point and bring realization.. Stupid post.

Hardly a stupid post yo, here's me actually making a legitimate, calm, and factual point and trying to bring realization to you in turn, unlike you dismissing my post so disrespectfully:

Why don't you just live your life to the fullest and peacefully?

You essentially went against what your main subject was here, by indirectly or directly on your part fueling the fire to this already generic argument, you're going against what you just preached, therefore making your presentation hypocritical, especially since it insinuates that you do have thoughts and therefore a care for the subject of God, especially given your replies in this thread

therefore, you should have never tried to have disguised this as an apathetic topic, because it's clearly and most certainly not as apathetic as you'd like it to be yo

but whatever floats your boat :rolleyes:

DamnImGood wrote:

Use the mutli-quote feature. Not hard.

Bullshit.

lolwut? Learn not to have a 30 second attention span.

1. I did use them multiquote feature retard.

2. It's not, I hang out with my brother and his friends all the time. And not like a third wheel hang out either.

3. ... I'm sorry what? I wasn't paying attention.

This whole thread is stupid. There isn't any real debate here.

But, to stay on the topic of it, I honestly don't care if there's a God or not. I've got more important things to worry about, and to do on my Sunday mornings.
      [CENTER]
      [CENTER]The only angels we need invoke are those of our better nature; reason, honesty and love.
      The only demons we need fear are those that lurk inside every human mind; ignorance, hatred, greed, and faith.

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Journal wrote:

K how do we know for a fact there was a Big Bang? Explain.
      I've made a post about this in another thread, so I'll just use that: we have the evolution of galaxies, redshifts, CMB, Hubble type expansion, and the astronomical distribution of galaxies all as evidence for the big bang.

Journal wrote:

Glad someone could admit it.
      I've met very few people who claim to know what existed before the big bang. It's all speculation.

Journal wrote:

Something created it all, universe, God, all of it. Maybe God did it. Maybe a bing bang. Maybe this God created the big bang. Who knows, just saying for people shouldn't be such crazy fanatics when there is no 100%.
      If God exists, chances are he's behind the creation of the universe. That's what the colloquial idea of God is, although they are many concepts.

Journal wrote:

I grew up people telling me all the time that God created himself. Even in church. I was a Christian sure.
      Your church told you that God created himself? Are you sure you're not thinking of God creating humans in his image? I've honestly never heard that before.

Journal wrote:

Kay, what created that?
      As I said, if you keep going back, to the very very beginning, you have two possibilities. One, either matter and energy came from nothing. Or two, matter and energy have always existed. You can't keep asking "well what created that," because eventually, something will have to have came into existence from nothing. Or they're eternal.
      Same goes for God.

Journal wrote:

I say man, because this is for all religions. A single man created a Bible(Or script or whatever it is your religion has) in some religions, and men created it in some others.
      No. No single man created the bible. The Gospels alone have four different authors, and once you include the rest of the New Testament and the Old Testament, you're talking dozens of authors.

Then various scholars and early Christians began putting the OT Biblical canon together, whereas the Church put together the Synoptic Gospels and other portions of the NT.

Journal wrote:

Christianity believes(As well as many other religions) if you lived a good life and you were a good person with a good soul, you'd go to Heaven. If you had a bad soul, you go to Hell.
      Although a common misconception, this is not what Christianity believes. From a Biblical standpoint, Jesus is the only pathway to God, not good works. Theoretically speaking, murderers and rapists can make it to heaven, although I doubt many of them genuinely believe.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]