Fake Space Travel

• Re: Lets get into a heated debate...again

woodspirit wrote:

Fake space travel... it never happened,

Im confused on your meaning here, are you saying that space travel is fake and never really happened? Or are you saying the conspiricy theorists who think the moon landing was faked are wrong? Becasue depending on what you are meaning I have a point of contention with this...
      What I should have said was...Nothing!

alfaspider06 wrote:

Im confused on your meaning here, are you saying that space travel is fake and never really happened? Or are you saying the conspiricy theorists who think the moon landing was faked are wrong? Becasue depending on what you are meaning I have a point of contention with this...

ooh my bad... i meant i think space travel is fake
      i dont think it is real, and im sure you are going to claim that im a lunatic (haha pun intended).
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]Where will you be when the bombs fall?[/SIZE][/CENTER]

i just dont think its real... (a lot of what shapes my opinions has a lot to do with 1984, by George Orwell) i think its another excuse for our governemt to waste billions of dollars without having to be accountable... they make the austronauts sign gag orders, or in the case of Colombia, keep them in hiding... how often do you see Neil Armstrong (i think i got the right guy... the first man on the moon, its an Armstrong) writeing a memoire about what it felt like to walk on the moon... i think Apollo 13 is a good example of Hollywood's potential

woodspirit wrote:

i just dont think its real... (a lot of what shapes my opinions has a lot to do with 1984, by George Orwell) i think its another excuse for our governemt to waste billions of dollars without having to be accountable... they make the austronauts sign gag orders, or in the case of Colombia, keep them in hiding... how often do you see Neil Armstrong (i think i got the right guy... the first man on the moon, its an Armstrong) writeing a memoire about what it felt like to walk on the moon... i think Apollo 13 is a good example of Hollywood's potential
      You do know that nearly 40 countries have launched humans into space, not just the U.S., right? Are they all working together in tangent, fooling the world into thinking we've been in space when we really haven't? We reached space in the 1960's, and in your view, dozens of governments have been able to keep it a secret that we haven't actually been there?

Why does Armstrong need to write a memoir in order to establish proof of his walk on the moon? And that has nothing to do with space travel to begin with; that's concerning the moon.

If you want a memoir of somebody who's been in space, I suggest you read this: [ame='http://www.amazon.com/Sky-Walking-Astronauts-Thomas-Jones/dp/006085152X']Amazon.com: Sky Walking: An Astronaut's Memoir (9780060851521): Thomas D. Jones: Books[/ame]
      It was written by Thomas Jones, who has logged over 53 days in space.

Or this one, written by an astronaut with over 11 days in space: [ame='http://www.amazon.com/Carrying-Fire-Astronauts-Michael-Collins/dp/081541028X']Amazon.com: Carrying the Fire: An Astronaut's Journeys…[/ame]

If you want something regarding the moon, there's this book, which has interviews with all 12 men who walked on the moon: [ame='http://www.amazon.com/Man-Moon-Andrew-Chaikin/dp/0140272011']Amazon.com: A Man on the Moon (9780140272017): Andrew Chaikin, Tom Hanks: Books[/ame]

Hell, I think Buzz Aldrin has even written quite a few books.

I take it you believe photos such as these are all photo-shopped?
      upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia…tlantis_Docked_to_Mir.jpg
      upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia…Robinson_on_Canadarm2.jpg
      upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia…S-118_approaching_ISS.jpg

Oh and by the way, Apollo 13... great movie.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

well they could be working together to fool us, yeah it sounds crazy... but then again, believing a fictious book still has influence is a crazy thing to do.
      im not really interested in reading their memoires right now, although ill note that they are out there, thanks.
      yeah i enjoyed it as a kid... i havent watched it recently, but when i remember seeing it year ago i think i liked it

woodspirit wrote:

First off I think LuklaAdvocate did a good job in explaining your many degrees of wrong on this subject but let me just add in my 2 cents. well let me correct you on a few things first, space travel and the moon landing are two very different things. It is fact that man had walked on the moon, just as it is fact that man has been into space. Have you ever heard of the International Space Station? I really doubt that all the governments of the world are just playing a trick on us poor stupid masses. If you think that the moon landing is fake, show me proof. I do not mean the photos that are "fake" because I can prove that every single one of them is real. As far as space travel being faked, tell that to the families of the astronauts who died in the challenger and columbia explosions. Anyways....end rant.
      What I should have said was...Nothing!

woodspirit wrote:

well they could be working together to fool us, yeah it sounds crazy... but then again, believing a fictious book still has influence is a crazy thing to do.
      Why would they all be working together? Are they all working together on a fictitious international space station as well?

Back in the 1960's and 1970's, we had the technology to fly over 80,000 feet; the SR-81 Blackbird could fly at 85,000 feet. That's 46,000 feet higher than the normal cruising altitude of an airliner. And well beyond that, the X-15 could fly at an altitude of over 260,000 feet, which is just on the edge of outer space. We have the technology. I fail to see why you believe it's all one big conspiracy.

Believing in a fictitious book? Huh?

woodspirit wrote:

im not really interested in reading their memoires right now, although ill note that they are out there, thanks.
      I didn't list them under the assumption that you'd actually read them. I listed them because you said that people such as Armstrong haven't written any memoirs, when in fact others have, and Armstrong himself was in an interview regarding his walk on the moon.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It really bothers me when people say that landing on the moon didn't happen...or the holocaust didn't happen...or that 9/11 is all one big conspiracy. Is that just people's way of dealing with these truly horrifying or extraordinary events? (depending on which one we're talking about)...I just don't get it. :confused:

DamnImGood wrote:

I don't see how calling 9/11 is one's way of "dealing" with the event. The other two are ridiculous, though.

Mostly I just think that some people can't believe that people could do that to each other. So they create this idea that the government is behind it. I dunno...
      [CENTER] <3
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]

alfaspider06 wrote:

Yes, but the masses like to believe that the government is full of evil snake like creatures. Because this allows them to feel better about what the government sometimes does...

It's not hard to think why they think that such as the disgusting, decietful, lieing behavior of MP's in the expenses scandals last year which no one has gone to prison over...
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

BadaBing wrote:

It's not hard to think why they think that such as the disgusting, decietful, lieing behavior of MP's in the expenses scandals last year which no one has gone to prison over...

I think it's ridiculous that society finds occurances like this so terrible but completely ignores the fact that government by it's very nature is immoral. I mean the government routinely steals billions if not trillions from it's citizenry without a word of opposition and then it's all OMG THATS SO WRONG when they cheat on their expense claims.

woodspirit wrote:

i think we dont even know that half of what our government does behind our backs

But that's just the thing. None of that matters. Conspiracy theorists can spend all the time they want trying to prove the government's doing something dodgy, but libertarian political theory already shows that they're acting immorally right infront of our eyes.
    • Re: Fake Space Travel

again, my bad for the way i had it worded... meant to say, Space travel, and moon landing... FAKE, soo bash me, do i care... no..
      there doesnt have to be a reason why, besides the fact that i dont belive in it... i dont think it was possible, and i wont belive it until i am physically up in space...