Help me plan moving out

• Help me plan moving out

okay, so in order for u guys to really get my reasons for being desperate to move out, im gonna tell u my life story :P Lol. K, so my parents have always been super paranoid. Like beyond strict. I was never allowed to go anywhere by myself, untill this year. Cus i now have a job, they finally got sick of driving me all the time and let me walk the two or three blocks to work or church. And say i should be thankful for such privledges. let me remind u... im almost 19!!!! they make my curfew like 6:00 pm cus they claim "all the bad people come out at that time" so if i get off of work at 7:30 in the summer where it stays light till 9, thats a bunch of hours wasted sitting at home. Im into skateboarding and so i want to get in some skating whenever i can. it drives me crazy to come home after working all day, to have my parents nag and argue for me to do this and that. And they sit on their butts being lazy like they've done all day while i worked. I wish i could explain better cus im probably sounding whiny. But they just make life miserable. If i want to go out with some friends, i have to run it by them first and get their permission. I have no clue how i could even go out with a guy cus even just hanging out with some friends, if its the opposite sex they freak out. Like they have this thing thinking im gonna get raped by every guy in the world. Im hardly allowed to just hang out or go to a friends house its so lame. And when i do go skate (i have to lie and say im just going to skate flat at the church parkinglot when i really go to the skatepark) they only let me get two hours in a day. Even if i have the whole day off from work.

So to get back to my real questions.. :P How can i plan to move out, make sure it goes smoothly? rent here is so expensive (anywhere from 450-800 just for a one room or bachelor) and my job is stable, but hours can be inconsistent. How much money saved up would u consider a lot? and any other bits of advice woould be appreciated.
    • Re: Help me plan moving out

hey there.

I understand your situation and yes i do think you should move out. The main issue is with money.

How much have you saved already? You need to save, save, save as much as you can. I moved out of home when i was 19 too.. I know in USA real estate and food is much cheaper than where i am in Australia but i don't know much about Canada's prices so i cannot comment on how much you need.

If you don't have much money saved up. i highly suggest sharing a room with some one. Alot of people you can find in classified. Most are normally students are looking to share a bedroom with someone.. The bad thing is you won't get much privacy since you share a bedroom with them but the good thing is that it is very cheap and they normally have furniture, bed and bills all taken care of for you. The only thing you would probably need is your own food and clothes.

Craigslist. You can find room mates there.
      Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind. ~Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason
      [CENTER]The greatest thing you'll ever learn
      Is just to Love
      And be Loved in return
      [/CENTER]

okay, so im averaging it to cost about 1,000 a month (rent, food, bills, etc.) is that about realistic? cus then i have about 6 or 7 thousand saved up so far. And i do want to say that i have tried to talk to my parents ALOT!! most kids and adults dont realize it. they say just talk to them but it never works. I can be the one acting mature and level headed, and because the conversation gets uncomfortable for them (saying things like they're not being reasonable or normal. that im almost 19 with privledges of a ten year old or whatever, that i have hobbies i want to pursue) they just start to get angry and tell me to shut up, to leave the room, threaten to blackmail me with something. All that bull.

There isn't anything realistic about the number because we can't compare it to anything. The average rent in Barberton, Ohio is $400 for a 2 bedroom. The average rent for a 2 bedroom in Long Beach, California is $1600. We can't advice the average because housing prices differ from area to area.

And, since you're in Canada I especially don't know the average prices there. Just take a look around on Craiglist, in housing advertisements, even go out and ask others on the street. You'll come to a better understand there, we can't really help you with such a specific question.
      Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind. ~Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason
      [CENTER]The greatest thing you'll ever learn
      Is just to Love
      And be Loved in return
      [/CENTER]

well your parents are being over protective. i wont suggest you moving out in the first place. try explaining the situation clearly to them. btw are u the only child? if u r then it could be a problem too.
      im an only child and i've moved out not only from my parents but from my country as well and i can tell you its not easy at all.

thing is, im not some whiny kid thats like, i hate my parents, im gonna move out and have fun. NO, i dont expect it to be easy, or even fun. Im trying to plan this properly and do it right. save money, figure out my income, etc. I live with 4 other brothers and sisters. Im the second oldest, (i have a sister who is almost 21) and we all have the same $h!tty "priveledges" Im considered the bad kid cus i went and bought a netbook cus they won't let me have internet. And cus i lie about going to the skatepark. And talkiing doesnt work. They even say, if u dont like our rules then u can leave. But then my mom has it in her head that me and my sister will just sit around at home till we get married. I WANT TO HAVE A LIFE OF A NORMAL YOUNG ADULT/TEEN BEFORE I GET OLD OR STUCK IN A RELASIONSHIP!! Im not even really bad. I've got strong morals, i dont even care about parties and that crap. I just want to skate and meet with friends to hang out.

Fml!!! I'm so sick of all the s*** I get fro
      My parents. I got off work today at 7:15 ad it's summer so its still light out. So I call my mom up to let her know I got off a bit early and I said I could just walk home (I'm 2 blocks away). And like always she says no and insists on picking me up!!! I hate it. My curfew is literally like 6 or 7. That or they'll send my YOUNGER brother to walk home with me!!! It's so screwed up. I'm am so depressed too cus I was talking with a o worker about me wanting to move out and he baisically said it was impossible or me at this point. I just want to give up on everything I'm working for. I have no life and no social life

Honestly, sidetrack the moving plan for a bit and I think you should talk to your parents about this. Considering you are almost 19, you need to have a serious discussion with your parents about how you need space of your own at this time, for the sake of experiences and growing up. You say that you've tried it but try to be level-headed in the discussion and get your point across. Explain to them how it feels strange for you to be essentially 'baby-sat' when everyone else around you is growing up and accepting responsibility. It would actually be better because they might be able to help you plan out the whole moving part, which can actually get pretty difficult.

When it comes to renting a place, I think you should consider finding a roomate or two, because not only do you have someone around in emergency situations but it also is less financially stressful for you.