MP3 Player

• Ok, I'm now over two months without an MP3 player, and it's driving me mental. Enough so that I don't really care what I get anymore, so long as it plays music. Even willing to possibly get an iPod (my usual motto is along the lines of "Apple is the devil)

So, people of TeenHut, recommend MP3 players for me :p

Go.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

hye, i jstu red ur post in the dibates and diskushon bord lol
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

DamnImGood;1062835947 wrote:

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]
    • Re: MP3 Player

Kimm wrote:

I avoided getting an ipod for years then got one. I honestly don't know how I lived without it <3

Lil shitty cheap mp3 players break quickly. I reckon you're best investing in an ipod :)

Ah, no, I'm a big fan of Creative Zens, so every MP3 I've had in the past (which amounts to... three in total, I think, since '04 or '05) has been a Zen :p But they seem to be harder to get nowadays than they used to be. But yeah, not just a shitty little MP3 player :p

SE7EN wrote:

Depends how much money you have and what you care about the most, I'd recommend an iPod Touch... Oh that shit is teh bomb. I even own cheap MP3 players and they've lasted me ages. I just prefer shit like the iPod because of the UI.

See, the money side of things isn't so bad, because my brother broke my Zen and my parents are making him pay for whatever replacement I get :D

And this might seem like a weird question, but it's bizarrely important to me so, do iPod Touches work when you've got gloves on? :p Because that's generally my first issue with anything involving a touch screen. Because I wear gloves A LOT. So I'd just get very, very frustrated if I couldn't work my music player with them on.

As for what's most important to me - honestly, it's the music. Sure whatever iPod applications you can get would be amusing, but on the one hand, I'm so stingy with money I wouldn't buy them, and on the other, I get bored of those kind of things to quickly for them to matter. So as long as I have something that plays music, and plays music well, I'm set.

I hate that generic iPod wheel scroll thing btw, it just irks me. Ugh.

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

[CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

RollinRightInuit wrote:

See, the money side of things isn't so bad, because my brother broke my Zen and my parents are making him pay for whatever replacement I get :D

And this might seem like a weird question, but it's bizarrely important to me so, do iPod Touches work when you've got gloves on? :p Because that's generally my first issue with anything involving a touch screen. Because I wear gloves A LOT. So I'd just get very, very frustrated if I couldn't work my music player with them on.

As for what's most important to me - honestly, it's the music. Sure whatever iPod applications you can get would be amusing, but on the one hand, I'm so stingy with money I wouldn't buy them, and on the other, I get bored of those kind of things to quickly for them to matter. So as long as I have something that plays music, and plays music well, I'm set.

I hate that generic iPod wheel scroll thing btw, it just irks me. Ugh.
      I've never worn gloves in a long time, I cannot say if it works as good. All I know is the touch screen sensitivity is extremely high so I guess they would work. I thin Jess might be able to confirm this since she can always smell iPod Touch talk. As for the apps, jailbreak it and they're pretty much all free. =]

IMO the iPod touch is the only good iPod :D I'd definitely recommend getting one, but I'd wait until this September when the new ones are announced (they refresh the iPod line every September, with a prior keynote from You-Know-Who :D ) Also, I think I remember you mentioning you have relatives in Florida? It'd probably be cheaper if you had them import a US model to you if possible.

Unfortunately no, the screen won't work with gloved fingers...it's a capacitive touch screen which has something to do with sensing an electrical current only found in a bare body part (that's what she said) :p However the music can be controlled with the remote button found on the headphones...click once to play/pause, click twice to advance to the next song, click three times to go back to the previous song, etc. :D

Hope this helps =D

A couple years ago I thought iPods are overrated.. but changed my mind after I received one for my birthday...What I love about them is that the battery lasts forever... and the sound is really good.. I own an iPod nano and I'm really happy with it.. still works perfectly and I've been using it for more than two years..
      you can't really scroll with your gloves on.. but you can press the buttons.. which is enough to change tracks and use the play/pause button..

IMO iPod Touch is too big (I hate huge touchscreen phones too .. lol) .. if you want it to watch videos, play games and whatever.. then probably it is the best.. but I can't see the point in having one if you want to use it only for playing music..
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

Sylver wrote:

A couple years ago I thought iPods are overrated.. but changed my mind after I received one for my birthday...What I love about them is that the battery lasts forever... and the sound is really good.. I own an iPod nano and I'm really happy with it.. still works perfectly and I've been using it for more than two years..
      you can't really scroll with your gloves on.. but you can press the buttons.. which is enough to change tracks and use the play/pause button..

IMO iPod Touch is too big (I hate huge touchscreen phones too .. lol) .. if you want it to watch videos, play games and whatever.. then probably it is the best.. but I can't see the point in having one if you want to use it only for playing music..

How could you offend the iPod Touch!!!! :cries: at least it's not like the iPad.

Right, so, no touching the screen with gloves on =/

Also, I have a habit of going "I want to listen to THIS song and THIS one and THIS one" on a bus or something and making a random playlist of anything and everything I feel like listening to at the time and saving it. And last time I used someone's iPod, I remember being really annoyed that this was just not possible to do =/ Might have changed since then, but if not... Lisa would not be a happy person with one =/ Cause just having play and pause isn't quite enough to work with :p

Good to know RMG's keeping tabs on where my relatives live though...?

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Also, I'm a big fan of pockets :D :lol: so I tend to buy jeans and things with big pockets and have no problem stuffing them to max capacity :p So that's not toooo much of a problem for me, haha

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

[CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

RollinRightInuit wrote:

Also, I have a habit of going "I want to listen to THIS song and THIS one and THIS one" on a bus or something and making a random playlist of anything and everything I feel like listening to at the time and saving it. And last time I used someone's iPod, I remember being really annoyed that this was just not possible to do =/ Might have changed since then, but if not... Lisa would not be a happy person with one =/ Cause just having play and pause isn't quite enough to work with :p

Yes you can make custom playlists on the iPod touch. :D

RollinRightInuit wrote:

Sorry, I just have a very good memory that stores random things :D

RollinRightInuit wrote:

Right, so, no touching the screen with gloves on =/

You can make playlists like that. They're called on-the-go playlists. For the iPod I have, you click and hold the middle round button on a song and it adds it. I'm pretty sure you just touch and hold on a song on the iPod touch and it works.
      [CENTER]
      [CENTER]The only angels we need invoke are those of our better nature; reason, honesty and love.
      The only demons we need fear are those that lurk inside every human mind; ignorance, hatred, greed, and faith.

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

I don't want it to be just "on the go" though :p Can you not save it and have it there for any other time you feel like listening to the same random combination of songs again? Was all very easy with a Zen :rolleyes: Also, with them, you could just copy and paste whatever songs you wanted there, none of this iTunes crap

And David, I'd say that's still worrying, but I actually did something similar to someone on here recently :p By remembering what he wanted to do for a living even though I'd never actually spoken to the guy :lol:

Guess that's what you get for posting info on a public forum :D

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

[CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

See, I'm not going to have iTunes with me on the bus, this is my problem =/ I like to just make a list of songs and save it as whatever I'm feeling at the time :p Or something like that, and then when I feel the same again, there it is, saved. Making something on iTunes itsn't good enough

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

[CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

I have a 4th gen ipod nano and love it. The battery lasts me hella long! Like 1 week just using it on the bus home and in class free time. The nano looks nice, portable, has lots of nice features like video. (wouldn't recommend watching a movie but music vids are nice) :)
      [SIZE=3]Dropping the ball is what we do[/SIZE].
      [SIZE=4] ~baller[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]