I'm starting to feel the social pressure.

• I'm starting to feel the social pressure.

The pressure to just drink and party all day long at college.

So what, I'm not a typical college party-er. But...I really just wanna have friends who don't think I'm stupid or lame for not doing such.
      I've not met one person who didn't plan on getting shitfaced or partying hardcore.

It's just...not my thing. I just never got the excitement of getting so drunk and partying until my head explodes.

What the hell do I do, give in and do what everyone else does but sacrifice my self respect or stand my own and possibly have no friends.

god dammit why is everyone so stupif.

i'm an idiot
      [CENTER] [SIZE=1]If that's what you are into.
      [/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: I'm starting to feel the social pressure.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with not partying all the time. You have your ways of having fun, and others have their way, and it's not their place to judge you for that. If they don't wanna be your friend, their loss. Fuck em. Just be who you want to be, don't give in to what they want you to be. You're a good kid. :)

I have a friend who made the decision to stay sober and above the influence for her boyfriend. If she can do it, you can. And all of us respect her decision to do so, you know?

And sometimes, it's a little difficult when everyone around you is doing it. It's just called motivation and determination. If your morals and values are important to you, then stick through it. Find peers that will support you and will not pressure you to do anything you don't feel comfortable doing.
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]

Yea, why not go out and at least be with them for some of the night and have a drink or 2, or nothing. Some nights stay out late some don;t go at all... You don't have to always be there or not be there at all. If you do not like alcohol, why not experiment with a wide range of drugs :p There are loads to choose from and you will be able to find one that suits you HA HA HA!

You can have friends and fit in even if you do not go out all of the time or much at all. If they cannot understand and respect this even when you bring it up, they are not worth having as friends in my opinion.

BTW, farfetched was a cool pokemon, always loved that guy :P

me too, i hate the large parties and all
      but i love drinking with a few friends or just w/ my gf and have fun

maybe once, twice a week maybe? or every other week..
      if you love music why not a get together to make friends and jam or something?
      i suggest also some nicer drugs than alcohol, dxm for the music enthusiasts, weed for some deep thoughts and stuff, and you can do this at home alone or with some people :)

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

farfetch'd.. loved to say his name and still do
      dot

lol, well my friend sorted it all out on the net and turned up at my student accommodation when I was in my first year of uni with this huge packet of white powder. It had a certain shimmer to it as if it was silvery so I assume it was more crystal than powder. Anyway I did that stuff twice and the first time I didn't take too much but ended up laying down and being able to move and the wall was like a movie. It had a picture that moved from left to right that changed as it moved lol, quite random. Objects also kept changing sizes and stuff. It is like ketamine only lasts longer and stronger. The second time I took it I thought I had died and that I was a ghost. I could see myself walking around in a kind of haze from above, very weird. I could not hear much or speak, that spooked me.

Anyway back to the original post, don't do drugs :P

I'm starting up college in a week and I see the same things on facebook. People saying they want to "live it up" and "get waaaaasted" at college. These are the same people who are not going to make it past the first semester, so don't worry about it. There's a lot of people who go to college for what it is there for, learning. You're going to see your typical rich, spoiled brat once in a while, flunking his classes while throwing nice parties. You just have to remind yourself what you are really there for.
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

When I was at university, literally 98% of the people there went out and drank a lot. Especially in freshers week where you went out every single day to socialize and meet everyone.Of course you do not havr to drink but to merely go out and be social is always good. Even if you don't want to do that much or at all, it should be fine with them if you explain why, and if not like I said they are not worthy of being a friend

i love ecstasy too, havent tried acid yet..
      i think it is wise to maybe try things up and see if you like it or not.
      i have this mentallity that to criticise something you have to do it 1st (not everything obviously, i.e. murder, etc) but something like drugs, so you can talk from experience and not just fear, to give better advice to other people on whether to try them or not, and which ones you should stay away from, like heroine.

and yeah some of my best friends never even get drunk or high, and i love hanging out with them. so, people will respect you for not doing stuff, as i respect my friends.
      dot

The post was edited 2 times, last by Asturias ().

lol oh how you remind me of me 3 years ago :P Yes you can have a strong opinion on something if you have tried it, but you can also know that say for example ecstasy is bad for your life without ever taking it. I took ecstasy for about 4 years and at one point was taking it every weekend at about 10-14 pills a night, (if I didn't have mdma) Ihad some crazy times on ex, had some really open and profound conversations with good friends, danced until 6am at parties and had some mad adventures walking through the woods. You can actually trip out on ecstasy if you take enough of it, not like that of mushrooms or acid, more your mind playing tricks on you. In the darkness of the woods me and my friends use to see some bizarre things lol. Anyway, ecstasy is really not dangerous to your health, there are all these stories about the dodgy pill or people dying, but in the UK about 15 people die a year from it. A government scientist got fired for bringing out a report stating that it is safer than horse riding and that alcohol and cigarettes are far more dangerous to your health. Whilst this is all true, ecstasy and drugs do mess up your mind and your life. I had my fun with that and am happier to be on the other side :P

haha i don't think im that far from reaching your age and i do hope i eventually lay off all drugs (except alcohol of course) when i get married or for a job where i get tested occasionally, its cause my gf is also a drug enthusiast just because she paints, and i do it for the musical inspirations and what not, so it's a lot of tentation you could say for us

however i don't think i've ever taken so many pills like you haha :/ sounds fun though
      dot

I built up quite a tolerance to the old ecstasy. My first ever pill was a double cherry and I had half of one and I was messed up all night, it was great. Have you ever had it where your vision wobbles crazily the whole night? But yea, towards the end of my binge I would buy maybe 12, triple or quad drop to start off and then double drop for the rest of the night. silly :P

I am sure you can create some amazing works of art musical and visually without the drugs. I understand how some drugs do make you think and see things in different ways, but if you become dependent on them for this reason, you will always have to do them to get anywhere with your art.