Question about Late/Irregular Period

• Question about Late/Irregular Period

Hi, okay so this is kind of long but i really would like my nerves to be settled.
      im 17 and have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 2 almost 3 years and we started having sex 4 almost 5 months ago. ever since we started having sex, my period has become very irregular (one month is was a 39/40 day cycle, another month it was a 35) and currently ive gone 37/38 days since my last period. of course, everytime i always get the " i really hope im not pregnant" thing since really...its probably the most natural response to get to a late period when sexually active.
      EVERY single time we have sex, we use trojan latex condoms and EVERY time after we check by (please dont say this is gross or laugh) blowing air into the condom so its inflated, and then checking to see if there are any holes inside and checking to see if theres any sperm that leaks out for some reason.
      also, if i touch his penis or if he touches his penis regardless of if there is semen on it at all, he and i wash our hands throughly with soap and warm water before going literally anywhere near my vagina.

basically, my question is: am i practicing very safe sex/sexual activites? and could it possibly just be the stress/fear of pregnancy making my period late?

this month i went to canada for a week, stayed at moms house for two and a half weeks straight (i usually am only there for the weekend) and went to virginia for a week. i have adhd and i have been forgetting to take my medicin that ive been on since i was 10 so i have been very anxious/jittery/nervous about nothing at all.

could the face that ive been forgetting to take my medicine and becoming nervous/anxious because of the adhd, actually having sex (as in a change in my relationship/a big step in my life), thinking about pregnancy so much the last few months and all the things ive be things relating to why my period has been irregular/late?

thank you so much for answering, itll really help settle my nerves.
    • Re: Question about Late/Irregular Period

Okay, you're way too worried about this. Kudos on practicing safe sex, but what you and your boyfriend do is a bit over-the-top (such as inflating the condom) in my opinion.

It's definitely the stress that's causing your irregular periods. You need to calm down, make sure you take your medicine, and maybe consider going on some anti-anxiety medication. You're way too worked up about everything, and that stress is resulting in your body changing, leading to irregular periods.

As I said before... CALM DOWN.
      [COLOR="Green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]To make my dreams come true. To protect the ones I love. And to keep fighting.
      The star inside my heart... please keep on shining strong and bring me power![/FONT][/COLOR]

Dr.Carter;2785725 wrote:

The only thing worse than a smart-ass is a dumb smart-ass.

Hi,
      Well, you are practicing safe sex by using condoms but take the next step and get on some form of birth control. Sometimes our cycles become irregular and what happens is sometimes your OBGYN Or GYNO will put on a form of birth control to help some how regulate it. You could be over thinking the whole pregnancy thing. But, stress also delays your cycle so you should relax. If you're taking the right precautions to not get pregnant you shouldn't have to worry.

If you're really worried about your period you may want to see your GYNO and check out everything and ask questions about your period I know how embarrassing that is but, you'll feel a whole lot better.
      [CENTER]i55.tinypic.com/ftn68p.jpg
      [SIZE=4]LOVE, PINK[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

hmm, i'm 17 aswell and i have very irregular periods, i've even skipped a month 2-3 times this year, and i don't/never had sex.. i think it's just a part of growing up, you probably wont have regular periods until we're in our late 20's at least so don't worry about it :) yes i agree that you should get on some sort of birth control though, birth control is said to help regulate periods so that might also help with it.
      ~Friendships break and family's fall apart but memories will always stay within your heart <3~