Star Wars

• Re: Star Wars

I had never seen any of the Star Wars films until recently. Dunno why, just never did. I watched the new trilogy first, and then when I watched the older ones the raw 70's/80's non-CGI effects horrified me. :o Especially the lightsaber scenes...they've got this odd, flickery effect that just made it impossible to get into. Same goes for any and all puppets used. FAKE. Fast forward to the new trilogy and you've got CGI Yoda, Jar Jar Binks, Boss Nass, Nute Gunray, etc. They look very realistic and nowhere in any of the new films did I ever cringe at the obvious puppetry. Also, the awesome action scenes like the Battle over Coruscant, and all the other scenes showing Coruscant's cityscape which were impossible to show on screen before CGI.

Old ones are the best and really should be watched first.

New ones are hmmm... not that good except for Episode 3 as it is a lot darker than Ep 1 and 2.

It also makes more sense to watch the old ones first as you appreciate the characters more when you watch 4,5,6 before 1,2,3.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Agreed, i prefer the prequel trilogy, the original ones are really good too but i think they'd be even better if they were refilmed with todays technology.

Watch them in the order they were filmed, it adds more depth to the story i think.

Also if you're anything like me, it's much better if the graphics get better rather than to change from modern to 70/80s.
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by x-mercedes-x ().

:nono: I don't understand how people prefer the prequels. And I think they'd ruin the originals with too much CGI shit if they shot it with modern technology, it's perfect as is.

I'm gonna agree with the Oompa Loompa dude here somewhat and say watch the original films, skip the Phantom Menace and watch the second and third of the prequels xD

Hahaha, seriously though, if it's your first time watching them, watch in the order they were filmed. I mean it's fun to have Star Wars marathons in chronological order with the Clone Wars stuck in there, but for first-time viewing, chronological in terms of real life is better than chronological in terms of the characters in film.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

hye, i jstu red ur post in the dibates and diskushon bord lol
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

DamnImGood;1062835947 wrote:

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

rmg126 wrote:

I had never seen any of the Star Wars films until recently. Dunno why, just never did. I watched the new trilogy first, and then when I watched the older ones the raw 70's/80's non-CGI effects horrified me. :o Especially the lightsaber scenes...they've got this odd, flickery effect that just made it impossible to get into. Same goes for any and all puppets used. FAKE. Fast forward to the new trilogy and you've got CGI Yoda, Jar Jar Binks, Boss Nass, Nute Gunray, etc. They look very realistic and nowhere in any of the new films did I ever cringe at the obvious puppetry. Also, the awesome action scenes like the Battle over Coruscant, and all the other scenes showing Coruscant's cityscape which were impossible to show on screen before CGI.

Whu-isjd...fnngg...

Tsunkatse wrote:

I actually like the prequel trilogy a lot better than the original trilogy.
      Anyway, like everyone is saying, start with the original trilogy first; and save the best ones for last (the prequel trilogy).

EERfffng/// glaAARbB#

x-mercedes-x wrote:

Agreed, i prefer the prequel trilogy, the original ones are really good too but i think they'd be even better if they were refilmed with todays technology.

Watch them in the order they were filmed, it adds more depth to the story i think.

Also if you're anything like me, it's much better if the graphics get better rather than to change from modern to 70/80s.

BBBNNNG
      BBBNNNB
      BBBBNSBnnNNNBGJGj;'''

If they were redone today, all that you would get is the slightly sickly gloss that the prequels carry to their detriment.

---

Basically, I think it's far better to watch the originals and then the prequels, seeing as that's the order they were released (which is always far more interesting than chronology in any series). The Emperor, for instance, is treated as a mysterious character to excellent effect in episodes IV and V, and the effect would be lost if one watches the prequels first.

RollinRightInuit wrote:

I'm gonna agree with the Oompa Loompa dude here somewhat and say watch the original films, skip the Phantom Menace and watch the second and third of the prequels xD

Actually, I think the Phantom Menace is perhaps the most in keeping with the style of the original trilogy compared to the other two, which are much more... disorganised.
      [CENTER]

[RIGHT]Ta-ta
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]

Esmo wrote:

Whu-isjd...fnngg...

EERfffng/// glaAARbB#

BBBNNNG
      BBBNNNB
      BBBBNSBnnNNNBGJGj;'''

If they were redone today, all that you would get is the slightly sickly gloss that the prequels carry to their detriment.

---

Basically, I think it's far better to watch the originals and then the prequels, seeing as that's the order they were released (which is always far more interesting than chronology in any series). The Emperor, for instance, is treated as a mysterious character to excellent effect in episodes IV and V, and the effect would be lost if one watches the prequels first.

Actually, I think the Phantom Menace is perhaps the most in keeping with the style of the original trilogy compared to the other two, which are much more... disorganised.

[ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUkCJDkG3fg']YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

:lol: Sorry, had to post it.

But yeah, Phantom Menace was just... no

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

[CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by RollinRightInuit ().

Journal wrote:

1, 2, 6, 5, 4, 3.
      No but seriously I go in order from 1 - 6. It's best if you haven't seen "A New Hope"+ cause you know then it's just like, SPOILER ALERT(for the one person in the world that have not seen Star Wars) Anakin is Darth Vader and Obi Wan is Ben etc.

That one person being the OP who's already said he hasn't seen Star Wars?

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

[CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

plax77 wrote:

It's not the phantom menace that was no it was the fucking little kid playing anakin that was no.

Well to be fair I don't think Skywalker's transformation into Darth Vader wouldn't have been as dramatic without the audience first having seen him as a cute/annoying little Justin Bieber-esque kid, and then by the end of the prequels he's this freaky dark-side consumed part-cyborg. It's pretty cool actually how you get attached to him and then suddenly he turns evil. But maybe that's just me. :wink:

David! wrote:

Well to be fair I don't think Skywalker's transformation into Darth Vader wouldn't have been as dramatic without the audience first having seen him as a cute/annoying little Justin Bieber-esque kid, and then by the end of the prequels he's this freaky dark-side consumed part-cyborg. It's pretty cool actually how you get attached to him and then suddenly he turns evil. But maybe that's just me. :wink:

I felt more attached to him as James Earl Jones than I did as Hayden Christensen :rolleyes:

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

[CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

^ Suddenly I find myself wanting to watch a Vader origin film, and not like the actual prequel trilogy, a film based on him as he gets used to being Vader...

Also, I don't get the attraction with Hayden Christensen at all =/ He's not a very good actor, imo, or particularly attractive :lol: Plus, it's not like Vader needed to BE attractive. And I think the directing was also really bad :p George Lucas :nono: Ruining Star Wars by wanting to direct it yourself :nono:

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

[CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]