My mom is ignorant..

• Re: My mom is ignorant..

I am sorry your mom is like this, my mom is too, I am not lesbian but my sister is and she ended up 'banning' her from the family cause of it, I dated a Latino and he was so good to me she made me dump him. It's sad people are like this but it does happen and there really is nothing you can do about it.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      "If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything." -Marilyn Monroe
      [/CENTER]

That's the right idea. You are your own person, you have your own mind, you control yourself. You are entitled to love who you want to love at whatever cost it takes, even if there are people who disapprove of whatever relationship you have. As long as you are happy and you have found someone worth being with, then it's all good.

:hugs:
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]

Sorry to hear about your mum. You've got the right attitude, not letting her words get to you. Have you asked her why she doesn't like interracial couples? Challenge her views, she might realise she's being unreasonable. Try not to cause arguments though. She might improve her views in time. :)
      Jayden.

"I put a capital N on nature and call it my church." ~Frank Lloyd Wright.

Im sorry to hear that your mom is that way, and being latina, the people in my family are very against dating outside our ethnicity. the mere mension of me dating a "negrito" (african american) sends shutters down every member of my family's spines. As for you, i think you should try to talk to your mom and explain how you feel, tell her its not youor fault and it is just who you are.

i hope that helped. :)

Hello :)

Some people are biased about certain things in life based on their own upbringing or experiences. Your mother may seem ignorant to inter-racial dating and/or homosexual dating, and there's nothing that you, she or anyone else can do about that. All that can be done is to go along with it and tell her that she'll just have to accept it. She can't physically stop you from seeing who you want to see, so you should just do it and give her time. Just remember that it's not your mother's fault that she feels this way, it's just what she has been taught to believe. don't hate her for it. But don't let it hold you back either.

I have had my share of discrimination as well. While travelling through Russia when I was...hm, twelve? I think I was twelve, maybe thirteen - anyway, I had a companion for a while, who tagged along from St Petersburg towards the end of the journey. She was only about a year older than me...well, we got very close, and as we walked we held hands often, we kissed, hugged...I think we fell in love - or at least what would be love to a person our age. People looked upon it as a terrible thing - that sort of thing is considered very bad in Russia, and we sometimes had people spit at us as they walked past if they saw us kiss and things like that. The thing is though, I don't regret a second of it, because it was worth it, and I enjoyed her, and you should be the same with whoever it is that you love too :)

Much love from Anya x
      [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Purple"][CENTER][I]
      Heaven hath no rage like love to hatred turned,
      Nor Hell a fury like a woman scorned.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

Just go for it, you are in charge of your life and shes just there to guide you not to tell you what to do, who to fall in love with. I dated a black guy once and my mum was a little iffy and annoyed but I just told her that it was my life and my choice who to love.

(Sadly our relationship didn't last due to him ending up being gay :()

You're fairly ignorant as well if you cannot understand she just is likely either old fashioned or has her own views.

That being said, you are still able to date whomever you want. Don't get your panties in a knot.
      [CENTER][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Shonna[/SIZE][SIZE=2]| 21 years old | Ontario, Canada | Private Investigator
      Kraft Photography[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]