Am I a twisted asshole?

• Am I a twisted asshole?

Am I or what 33
        1. Yes (6) 18%
        2. No (14) 42%
        3. I fucking hate you and I hope you die (3) 9%
        4.I think your alright but I don't agree with you (10) 30%
      So today me and rollinrightinnuit got into a talk about animal slaughter in TC.
      We both agreed that slaughterhouses are fucked up. I made a comment though, saying that the animals should be killed with a hammer, axe, or something like that.
      She disagreed, and eventually i was called a twisted asshole.

My point in saying that was this; we as humans have killed animals (including other humans) for food, sport etc. etc. for longer than anyone can remember or record. IMO it's just the way things are, I think though that to kill something, and sell it or eat it, you should have to earn it. That means hunting it, or at the least doing it by hand, because honestly i don't think the world cares enough to just stop eating meat all together, much less selling it, with that in mind the people who continue to do that should feel their actions IMO.

It was brought up that machines kill faster, the animal may feel less pain. I see that as a much worse offence than pain, because I don't see pain as such a big deal, unlike what was argued I'm not a masochist, I just wouldn't go so far as to disrespect an animal enough to make it's life less than mine by assuming that it can't take a little pain, everything feels pain at some point, and I think if your going to kill, you should feel the victim die in this case at the least.

So! question is, am I a sicko, and please try to not get too emotional or anything, I'm very used to being talked shit to for my opinion.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    • Re: Am I a twisted asshole?

lol. It doesn't hurt to read 3 paragraphs, jeez. I get the point you are making and I definitely see why she would think you're a sicko, but I don't think so.

I think back then, it was done that way with us having to work for it and hunt simply because it was the only way to get the food without the technology. I don't think its necessary at all to feel the animal die in your hands or kill it yourself. You eat it to survive, not gain honor or pride. At least, I don't. I think we earn our food by working and getting the money to pay for it. That's just how things have changed.

I don't think it's wrong at all to kill any animal as long as you are going to eat it. If you torture an animal because you think it's funny and they are less than us, then no, I think it's fucked up and you could be killed the same way and I would feel no sympathy for you...............................................................................................................................

My point was that it isn't funny and the animals aren't less than us, for that reason though I think they deserve to die a good death, not one that has no meaning or weight to it. I hope to one day die a good death too, one that means something, hopefully a lot, i would be really offended to be swept under the carpet, killed by a machine as if I was nothing.
      EDIT: lets get the poll going

[/CENTER]

Guys, you need to read the whole post, we're not talking circle of life shizz. He was saying we should kill cows, etc. with hammers and axes and blunt force, because it doesn't matter if it's more pain to them (in his eyes), he just thinks the humans will give a crap if they're killing them that way.

My view on it was that the people who kill the animals in the first place know full well what they're doing, and do it to make money, so they're not gonna stop just because you take the fancy equipment away. The only ones who'll be affected by this are the animals themselves, and you're opting to put them in even more pain for no good reason, and yes, I do think that is sick and twisted.

You might like pain, or not mind it, or think it's cool or makes you seem tough or whatever your deal is - that does not mean those animals do to. They're not getting that pain because they want it or because they want to look macho or feel tough, they're having the pain inflicted on them by nasty humans who are just doing it for their own personal gain. You actually said earlier "The pain makes you stronger" - it doesn't make them stronger, it kills them.

I stick by what I said earlier, this whole idea is sick and twisted, so much so I had to leave tinychat because I just couldn't listen to any more of this crap. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt though and put it down to being high or whatever shizz, because you always seem to find a way to piss me off when you're drunk, this just took it a step too far.

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

hye, i jstu red ur post in the dibates and diskushon bord lol
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

DamnImGood;1062835947 wrote:

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

Saying pain makes you stronger was an explanation for why pain would be a good thing, JC asked, i wasn't even talking to you. I'm glad you can see past this a little, but I'm not shy about my opinion, I was, and am now, very sober, I have been for several days now. This is actually a great example, by saying that your going to forgive me because I'm drunk or mentally deficient in some other way is a lot more offensive than for example calling me a twisted asshole. I don't give a shit about your forgiveness, I think your an awesome person other than this, but you trying to mark me down for my opinion is pretty childish IMO. As far as I remember I was always respectful to you, and wasn't even trying to argue, and what it turned into was you resorting to name calling, really?

[/CENTER]

My personal thinking is this:

Everything is a food chain. Humans are at the top. We can kill anything we want and eat anything we want. It's up to the discretion of the human to decide what to eat, because he/she can eat anything. Animals are meant to be killed, this includes pets. Asians kill dogs and eat them, as they do with cats. Society has just branded cute animals as pets. All animals are the same, but society treats certain animals different because they are "cute".

Examples:

1.) Deer
      2.) Dogs
      3.) Cats
      4.) Dolphin

Obviously a couple of these I have a problem with eating or killing, but still. Cultures are different.

People eat those all the time. If anything, we should just shoot the animal once in the head with a gun, that's the easiest way. I agree with your philosophy.
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

As an ideal, I'd love to have killed all the meat I've eaten myself. That's ultimately the only way to be certain that the animal was killed quickly in a humane manner, as I do feel slightly uncomfortable otherwise, regardless of what the law is, because I would imagine many slaughterhouses would still be pretty grim places with regard only for the bare minimum of the law.

Though I was pondering this earlier today: As many carnivorous animals kill their prey in far more inhumane ways than we even imagine, do we even have a moral obligation to slaughter animals humanely? Does our awareness of the pain we're causing make us guilty if we kill just like any other carnivore?
      [CENTER]

[RIGHT]Ta-ta
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Esmo ().

dusk wrote:

Saying pain makes you stronger was an explanation for why pain would be a good thing, JC asked, i wasn't even talking to you. I'm glad you can see past this a little, but I'm not shy about my opinion, I was, and am now, very sober, I have been for several days now. This is actually a great example, by saying that your going to forgive me because I'm drunk or mentally deficient in some other way is a lot more offensive than for example calling me a twisted asshole. I don't give a shit about your forgiveness, I think your an awesome person other than this, but you trying to mark me down for my opinion is pretty childish IMO. As far as I remember I was always respectful to you, and wasn't even trying to argue, and what it turned into was you resorting to name calling, really?

Ok, I'm sorry if that offended you, but you actually said last night you were high, so I assumed you were? I'm sorry for taking things as they're said, didn't realise that was a problem. And you were very definitely arguing, and it literally made me feel sick thinking about it, but you kept going on and on about how we should cause pain to them because it doesn't matter if they're dying anyway and pain is better for them, etc. So yes, I called you twisted, because in my opinion what you said was twisted. It's disgusting. And I don't understand how someone can think like that. I didn't say I forgave you, I said I was putting it off as you being high, that's completely different. I don't trust people easily in the first place, so it takes a lot for someone to earn my forgiveness, and this post has certainly not done that. I'm not childish, and I wasn't "marking you down" for your opinion, I just left the conversation because I really can't stand to hear someone saying things like that, and it really upset me.

And you're not always respectful to me, I actually can't even bring up an example of when you were.

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

hye, i jstu red ur post in the dibates and diskushon bord lol
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

DamnImGood;1062835947 wrote:

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

Esmo wrote:

As an ideal, I'd love to have killed all the meat I've eaten myself. That's ultimately the only way to be certain that the animal was killed quickly in a humane manner, as I do feel slightly uncomfortable otherwise, regardless of what the law is, because I would imagine many slaughterhouses would still be pretty grim places with regard only for the bare minimum of the law.

Though I was pondering this earlier today: As many carnivorous animals kill their prey in far more inhumane ways than we even imagine, do we even have a moral obligation to slaughter animals humanely. Does our awareness of the pain we're causing make us guilty if we kill just like any other carnivore?

This is exactly what I mean, and I think you understand a lot more than some people here did, I'm on the side of that argument that says; we are carnivores, and you don't see animals in nature using machines to line up mass quantities of prey and kill them. To me it's like.. a good death makes life worthwhile, and a good death should have some.. heart to it. The way animals are kept confined, and raised that way, then lead into a chamber where they just die is a terrible death.

RollinRightInuit wrote:

Ok, I'm sorry if that offended you, but you actually said last night you were high, so I assumed you were? I'm sorry for taking things as they're said, didn't realise that was a problem. And you were very definitely arguing, and it literally made me feel sick thinking about it, but you kept going on and on about how we should cause pain to them because it doesn't matter if they're dying anyway and pain is better for them, etc. So yes, I called you twisted, because in my opinion what you said was twisted. It's disgusting. And I don't understand how someone can think like that. I didn't say I forgave you, I said I was putting it off as you being high, that's completely different. I don't trust people easily in the first place, so it takes a lot for someone to earn my forgiveness, and this post has certainly not done that. I'm not childish, and I wasn't "marking you down" for your opinion, I just left the conversation because I really can't stand to hear someone saying things like that, and it really upset me.

And you're not always respectful to me, I actually can't even bring up an example of when you were.

I don't remember saying I was high at any point, I may have told a story and said that I was high when that story happened, I may have made fun of chris because he looked high, but I can tell you again, I was sober. I didn't mean to argue and I didn't mean to win anything, I knew from the beginning we had a difference of opinion and would have rather left it at that. I don't know if you realize this but you actually asked questions and started judging my opinion really early, and it didn't stop till you left. You propelled it just as much as I did.
      My point wasn't to cause the animal more pain, it was that for the possibility of having slightly more, for a second or two at the most, it would be worth it to let the animals die a real humane death. Sorry if you think I'm never respectful to you.

[/CENTER]

You said you thought that you had to earn the meat...
      We do earn it. We work for money to pay for it.
      The animals don't care about how honorable their death is, they can't think about that like you do, they only care about the pain they feel...
      So I think it is stupid that you have to kill an animal with a sledhehammer or an axe to earn it.
      Machines get the job done faster, and more efficiently.