Why do you or dont you belive in JESUS.

• Re: Why do you or dont you belive in JESUS.

Cyber Policeman wrote:

One of the worst mind states to be in is believing that science can answer everything.
      Really? 'Cause that sounds like a pretty scientific "mind state."

Cyber Policeman wrote:

Science is only based on the understanding of man...
      What does that even mean?

Cyber Policeman wrote:

...and logic alone could never comprehend God.
      Really? 'Cause I'm pretty sure you have no proof of that except that you're saying so.

Cyber Policeman wrote:

Even if it could, it would deter one of the purposes of being alive, to see if we can stay with the faith when we're thrown into a world of temptation.
      That's the purpose of being alive? Fuck that shit. I'm gonna dive head-first into temptation. To hell with faith.

Cyber Policeman wrote:

I can never stress enough that logic is only valid in understanding worldly things.
      What basis do you have to suggest this is true?

Cyber Policeman wrote:

Some things just have to be relied on our faith to come to pass.
      Yeah, heard that one before. Usually doesn't end well.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

You guys make temptation sound like a bad thing. Just because some chick made of rib bit an apple doesn't mean temptation is bad. She's just easy to tempt.
      [SIZE=4]

Jesus Christ;1624368 wrote:

Dresden, You want to prove that you are better than a non white person? Get the fuck out of your mom's basement, go outside, get a job and make your life worth something.
      [/SIZE]

I believe in Jesus.
      Why? Cause I choose to believe in him..
      I've felt his presence, had amazing encounters with him. He's done too much for be to doubt his existence. Even during the worse times of my life- I'm still a human being, I have hard times too..but I still believe in him. I believe that he loves all of us more than we can even imagine.

It saddens me that some people may think differently of me, or pre-judge me for saying that...for being a Christian. I hope there's no one like that on here..Both online and in real life I'm condemned for it..but that still won't make me deny my love for Him.
      If the majority of people in this thread doesn't believe that...well ok, that's your choice.

hibye303 wrote:

It saddens me that some people may think differently of me, or pre-judge me for saying that...for being a Christian. I hope there's no one like that on here..Both online and in real life I'm condemned for it..but that still won't make me deny my love for Him.
      If the majority of people in this thread doesn't believe that...well ok, that's your choice.

We don't judge you because you are Christian or if you believe in God and Jesus. We respect your beliefs, because, at the end of the day, it is about what makes you happy and what you're comfortable with. We respect you as long as you respect our beliefs.

See, a lot of us have been on the receiving end of prejudice from Christians and people from other religions, particularly members who are part of the LGBT community, pagans and atheists/agnostics. So a lot of us do have negative views towards organised religion, but we respect believers regardless as long as they respect our beliefs.

Goddess of Judecca wrote:

Really? 'Cause that sounds like a pretty scientific "mind state."

That's...not a valid point? at all?

What does that even mean?

We're limited by our minds.
      Or, to dumb it down even more, we can't prove/disprove we can't understand.

Really? 'Cause I'm pretty sure you have no proof of that except that you're saying so.

Then, please, feel free to prove it.

That's the purpose of being alive? Fuck that shit. I'm gonna dive head-first into temptation. To hell with faith.

Good luck living the rest of your life thinking like that.

What basis do you have to suggest this is true?

See above..

Yeah, heard that one before. Usually doesn't end well.

End well for who?

~Maggot[/QUOTE]
      [CENTER]To the dumb question, 'Why me?' the cosmos barely bothers to return the reply, 'Why not?[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Hitchens[/CENTER]

~+ Bear +~ wrote:

That's...not a valid point? at all?
      Deciding based on pure will what is and isn't involved in the realm of science? No, that's bullshit.

~+ Bear +~ wrote:

We're limited by our minds.
      Or, to dumb it down even more, we can't prove/disprove we can't understand.
      How is that at all relevant? Who says we can't understand it? Who says science can't prove or disprove it? Science can show us many different things. We may not thoroughly understand what it means, but it still shows it. Therefore, saying science can't prove or disprove something just because we can't understand it isn't logical.

~+ Bear +~ wrote:

Then, please, feel free to prove it.
      I don't need to. He's the one saying it can't be understood by logic, so he needs to prove that.

~+ Bear +~ wrote:

Good luck living the rest of your life thinking like that.
      Thanks, but I don't think I'll be needing any luck. I might not live to be 80, but I'm sure as hell gonna have fun while I'm around.

~+ Bear +~ wrote:

End well for who?
      Any parties involved. How many bad things have happened because of blind faith? Waco, suicide bombings, sacrifices, religious wars/genocides, etc., etc., etc.

Paper Gangsta wrote:

If it wasn't for temptation, I would've killed myself from boredom by now. :rolleyes:
      Hell yeah. I ignored it for most of my life and goddamn it was boring.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

I did believe in God once, but that was a long time ago. Because of my life experiences, I thought He abandoned me, so I now believe that he does not exist, because when I prayed to Him, it changed nothing, and I thought it was foolish to pray to something. I believe Jesus was real, but I do not believe he was "God's son"; he was only a Christian preacher.
      We sing the Death Song kids
      Because we've got no future...
      And we want to be just like you...

i believe in Jesus, just because. :)
      my whole family too,
      i guess we just feel his love and safety.
      alot, and we pray too
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]I'm urgin' all daughters to kiss they mothers, with those lips that all that lipstick covers, your never to grown up to miss and hug her♥[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Prodigy wrote:

Very few people believe in god. I Would LOVE to know why.

Well I think Jesus is real because I feel his love. I have had encounters with him. Our society is built on Christian morals. Science proves Charles Darwin wrong.how else would you explain miracles, especially after some passionate praying and fasting. The bible says that Jesus holds us together and Laminin is shaped like a cross, its the substance that keeps our body intact/together. The bible says that Jesus is in the center of creation and there is a cross in the center of the universe. GOOGLE IT…and finally the bible prophecides in Revelations and Daniel of how there will be a one world government ruled by the anti-Christ, after the rapture etc, and the Russian president has already proposed the coin for the one world government and talk about the one world government has been going on for ages - we are headed in that direction.

So if you don’t believe in Jesus, don’t enjoy going to church or even praying to Jeusus please explain why and if you believe in Jesus, going to church, etc. please explain why. oh and please speak of your christian struggles or testimonies if you have any.

(I apologize for not being elaborate, I don’t/didn’t really have much time).

I don't believe in jesus because I feel that any organized religion has its flaws.. I also feel that us, as a species, are completely ignorant to whats around us.. Religion, in my opinion, is a dying breed.. Simply because most religions date back to a time where religion came first, science second.. As we know more about our universe, we know that statistically it is near impossible that we reside on the only planet which supports life..

There are millions of galaxies out there, millions of solar systems, life is a freak event which happens in the universe.. An event where the conditions have to be juuuusssttt right.. The probability of Earth being the only life supporting planet in the ancient universe is near impossible..

I also don't believe in jesus, or a god for that matter, mainly because of how short lived planet earth is and will be.. Scientists give earth, what?, a billion or two more years until the sun engulfs it.. Fact is, the universe is several trillion years old, and us as a species has NO effect on what happens..

We are insignificant, our own ignorance supports that by saying there is an all ruling god which created us, and before that.. Several trillion years, the universe..

I do respect religion in the sense that it does give people faith, and does help them through rough times.. But as something I'd believe in? I say nay
      "I'm gods lonely man"

Treebark2268 wrote:

I also don't believe in jesus, or a god for that matter, mainly because of how short lived planet earth is and will be.. Scientists give earth, what?, a billion or two more years until the sun engulfs it.. Fact is, the universe is several trillion years old, and us as a species has NO effect on what happens..
      I'm slightly confused. You first say you don't believe in God or Jesus because of how short life on earth is and will be, and then you proceed to give us another two billion years to live. I don't know about you, but two billion years seems like a hell of a long time to me.

And if the human species is miraculously able to thrive for another two billion years, I seriously doubt our domicile will be limited to earth at that point.

By the way, your alleged "fact" is around 1,986,250,000,000 years off. The universe is less than 14 billion years old, way off from several trillion.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~+ Bear +~ wrote:

There is absolutely no way to guess the universes age correctly, imo.
      There's a margin of error. Most astronomers agree that the universe is around 13.75 billion years old, give or take.

What was before the universe? Something we're not capable of comprehending at this point. That 13.75 billion years is just how long ago the big bang occurred. The universe may have existed before that; we simply don't know.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

I'm slightly confused. You first say you don't believe in God or Jesus because of how short life on earth is and will be, and then you proceed to give us another two billion years to live. I don't know about you, but two billion years seems like a hell of a long time to me.

And if the human species is miraculously able to thrive for another two billion years, I seriously doubt our domicile will be limited to earth at that point.

By the way, your alleged "fact" is around 1,986,250,000,000 years off. The universe is less than 14 billion years old, way off from several trillion.

I was high when I wrote that.. I knew my numbers are off, but you get the point with the time..

Regardless, god doesn't exist, end of story

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

There's a margin of error. Most astronomers agree that the universe is around 13.75 billion years old, give or take.

What was before the universe? Something we're not capable of comprehending at this point. That 13.75 billion years is just how long ago the big bang occurred. The universe may have existed before that; we simply don't know.

I'm sure the big bang was gods fart, am i rite?
      "I'm gods lonely man"

Treebark2268 wrote:

I was high when I wrote that.
      What a surprise.

Treebark2268 wrote:

I knew my numbers are off,
      Off? Yeah, you could certainly say that; off by a whopping 1.9 trillion years.

Treebark2268 wrote:

but you get the point with the time..
      Not really.

Treebark2268 wrote:

Regardless, god doesn't exist, end of story
      Oh brilliant. I'm glad an intoxicated kid on the internet was able to successfully solve the question that philosophers and brilliant minds have squabbled over for centuries.

Treebark2268 wrote:

I'm sure the big bang was gods fart, am i rite?
      Sneeze. God's sneeze.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

What a surprise. Off? Yeah, you could certainly say that; off by a whopping 1.9 trillion years.Not really. Oh brilliant. I'm glad an intoxicated kid on the internet was able to successfully solve the question that philosophers and brilliant minds have squabbled over for centuries.Sneeze. God's sneeze.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

What a surprise. Off? Yeah, you could certainly say that; off by a whopping 1.9 trillion years.Not really. Oh brilliant. I'm glad an intoxicated kid on the internet was able to successfully solve the question that philosophers and brilliant minds have squabbled over for centuries.Sneeze. God's sneeze.

He mad :nono:
      "I'm gods lonely man"