Thoughts on abortion.

• Re: Thoughts on abortion.

I only know I couldn't have an abortion. I kind of got the short end of the stick for a personality because I know harming something helpless would kill me, regardless of whether or not it feels pain yet or is even recognizable.

But I tend not to invade on other peoples' lives and I really wouldn't judge somebody else for it... it really isn't my place.

I really think it depends on who you are and your situation.

It also raises the question... (just asking, not any underlining meaning) some of us try not to have children because we are not in situations to provide a good living for it.... but if you were pregnant and there was a 100% chance they would have a serious disability, would you give birth anyway?
      She kept lookin' at her watch (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      But I cried the whole time (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      I think she might've been a racist (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      She put a bag on my head (Still counts)
    • Re: Thoughts on abortion.

Regardless of what the law states, people will have abortions. If they are going to happen I think we should provide the seeker with decent medical facilities at least. Abortion shouldn't be stopped by demonizing/banning them. If someone really wants to be serious about, what we need to do is educate the population on birth control so they don't have unwanted pregnancies. This obviously means we need to stop demonizing the act of sex before marriage as well.

I feel as though many pro-life people don't understand the position of some women. Alot of them imply that women get pregnant and are like "Oh no! Time for me to get it aborted!" As if it's this easy of a decision to make and as if no thought process goes into it whatsoever. I think that's just not true, very few people want an abortion at all and some feel like it's the only real option.