What to do? :/

• What to do? :/

Okay, so I have these friends. One of them I've known since kindergarten, and another one I have known since 6th grade. Both have been like sisters to me since the first day I met them.

The friend I've had since 6th grade (Jennifer) has this boyfriend, and the friend I've known since kindergarten (Michelle) is jealous that they are happy together since her first relationship didn't work out.

Well, recently Michelle has been talking bad about Jennifer and her boyfriend behind their backs... to me. And well, I'm not sure what to do. I told Jennifer about this, and well, now she's extremely mad at Michelle. She confronted her about this matter, but now Michelle is ticked at me for telling her.

So basically I am now stuck in the middle of all this drama for telling Jennifer something that was bugging me. Was I wrong to tell her? How do I fix this? Please help. :/
    • Re: What to do? :/

I don't think it was wrong to tell her, but it was definitely a violation of the other girl's trust. I'm sure things will blow over with time.

Being the middleman is always difficult, and there's not much you can do other than let your friends know it's uncomfortable for you to be put in that situation. Talk to each of them about it, and if any of them talk trash about the other to you, tell them to stop, because it's not only mean to the other person, it's not fair to you. You could also try getting them to talk to each other in order to sort out their differences, attempt to prevent it from happening again.

You weren't wrong at all, and it is good that you were able to express your feelings. Michelle is embarrassed because now Jenn and her man know what she's been saying behind their backs, but that's kharma at it's finest for her talking about them in the first place.

It's never easy being in the middle of situations like that. My best advice would be to calmly back out and let both parties know you are there as friends for them both, but you are not a part of their drama. In the long run, its best to let them work things out in their own way, and for you to maintain your friendships without getting involved in something that's between them

flutemusician94 wrote:

Okay, so I have these friends. One of them I've known since kindergarten, and another one I have known since 6th grade. Both have been like sisters to me since the first day I met them.

The friend I've had since 6th grade (Jennifer) has this boyfriend, and the friend I've known since kindergarten (Michelle) is jealous that they are happy together since her first relationship didn't work out.

Well, recently Michelle has been talking bad about Jennifer and her boyfriend behind their backs... to me. And well, I'm not sure what to do. I told Jennifer about this, and well, now she's extremely mad at Michelle. She confronted her about this matter, but now Michelle is ticked at me for telling her.

So basically I am now stuck in the middle of all this drama for telling Jennifer something that was bugging me. Was I wrong to tell her? How do I fix this? Please help. :/

It was good to tell her. Tell michelle to stop being a rude bitch and being angry because things didn't work out. Tell her to grow up and stop being immature. Women do that, brah. You just gotta get over it, don't be a softie, and tell her it wasn't right.

Hello :)

Okay, I'm going to be rational, reasonable and tell you the truth here. I know that it doesn't seem like it at this time in life, but I know that it's true...this is what friends do. At this age, friends bitch about each other, get jealous, argue, cry, make up, hug, forget about the whole thing, have good times...then do it all over again. It's friend life. Friends do fall out a lot. It's just how it all works. So, you want to know what you do? Nothing. Here's why:

Like I said, this is what friends do. The thing is, if you interfere, even if you fix everything, your friends will then rely on people later on in life, to sort out their relationships with their friends. Yes, friends are important, and you should be there for them, but you should not interfere at all. There's nothing you can do. Your two friends are angry - so you remain passive. You explain to both of them that you are not choosing a side, and that you will be spending time with both of them, in turns if they decide that they do not want each other's company. Friends need to break up in order for them to realise how much they mean to each other, and so, you should just be there for both of them; how do you do this?

Be the ear for both of them. If they want to vent their frustration, then let them do so. If they want to talk about their feelings, listen. If they want you to talk to them, then talk to them, to take their mind off things. If they ask you to do something for them, then that's okay. Until then, don't interfere. I know you're not, I'm not saying you've done the wrong thing. Also, friends are there to be the shoulder to cry on when needed. So if they get angry or depressed, help them get it out of their system. Don't tell them what to do in terms of the problem between them - but advise them. Give them your opinion. If they ask for your help, then it's fine to give them a lending hand. If they ask you to life them completely out of their problems, and if you are willing, then do so.

Why should you do all this? Because that's what's included in the job description when you become their best friend :)

I hope that this helped in some way.

Much love from Anna x
      [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Purple"][CENTER][I]
      Heaven hath no rage like love to hatred turned,
      Nor Hell a fury like a woman scorned.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT][/I]