Qu'ran burning in Gainsville, Florida

• Qu'ran burning in Gainsville, Florida

Pastor Terry Jones of the Dove World Outreach Center is planning to do a mass Qu'ran burning on September 11 in Gainsville, Florida as part of a protest against the Taliban. Many people have already spoken out against this act, including U.S. forces General David Petraeus and many Muslims out here in Florida. I want to know what your thoughts are on this. Are you for, against, or indifferent on this issue? I'm personally against it.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]I write because no one listens to me

Nothing keeps me from being set free
      [/SIZE]

[/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by stormblade85 ().

• Re: Qu'ran burning in Gainsville, Florida

I was actually just reading about this. This is obviously destructive and does us no good in the world.

These are the reasons they have cited: Ten Reasons to Burn a Koran | Dove World Outreach Center

It is honestly just rabid ignorance. I mean look at Number 6. Islam is irrational? So basically the church is showing Muslims rational by burning their holy book?

Entire situation makes you hate humanity.

this is an actual disgrace, he is meant to be a religious, spiritual person and he is doing this... This goes against a lot of his religion, will incite hate and probably more violence and is just totally stupid. If they buy the korans then they are funding the cause they are so say against, if they steal them then they are going against one of their commandments, utter stupidity. It should be read a koran day instead as he probably has little know how on the thing itself.

Dystroxia wrote:

I was actually just reading about this. This is obviously destructive and does us no good in the world.

These are the reasons they have cited: Ten Reasons to Burn a Koran | Dove World Outreach Center

It is honestly just rabid ignorance. I mean look at Number 6. Islam is irrational? So basically the church is showing Muslims rational by burning their holy book?

Entire situation makes you hate humanity.

I love number 4

Four
      The earliest writings that are known to exist about the Prophet Mohammad were recorded 120 years after his death. All of the Islamic writings (the Koran and the Hadith, the biographies, the traditions and histories) are confused, contradictory and inconsistent. Maybe Mohammad never existed. We have no conclusive account about what he said or did. Yet Moslems follow the destructive teachings of Islam without question.

A tiny, tiny bit contradictory...
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

This is purely hate. It is not a protest against the Taliban, this is just stupid, bigoted hate.
      This is what I think:
      1. This Paster Terry Jones is a useless hypocrite who should not be taken seriously.
      2. This further proves my theory that Atheism brings peace.
      3. Someone should hold a demonstration that involved Bible burning, right next to them. What? I'm just saying. They are not being loving and they are being prejudice. Why can't I?

The earliest writings that are known to exist about the Prophet Mohammad were recorded 120 years after his death. All of the Islamic writings (the Koran and the Hadith, the biographies, the traditions and histories) are confused, contradictory and inconsistent. Maybe Mohammad never existed. We have no conclusive account about what he said or did. Yet Moslems follow the destructive teachings of Islam without question.

Oh, the irony. The same thing can be said about the Bible.

Really, you would think that the world would be over this religious intolerance issue. Obviously not.

dusk wrote:

I don't really care, they aren't going to change anything... sounds like somebody has too much time on their hands.
      I wish someone would start burning bibles too, I doubt it'll happen though.

[ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQBw7koMoPs']YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

I think we need to show Paster Terry this video :D

Tombgeek wrote:

This further proves my theory that Atheism brings peace.

How do you figure? Just because someone doesn't believe in the existence of a higher power doesn't mean that he/she is incapable of violence and hatred.

Anyway, I think this guy is a closeminded bigot who needs to learn a thing or two about other religious faiths. But of course he won't because he's A FOLLOWAH OF DA LAWD JEEZUS. :lol:

It's beyond stupid.

The U.S. is allegedly supposed to be one of the most tolerant and welcoming countries in the world when it comes to religious toleration and religious freedom. This shoots the founding fathers ideologies right in the face.

I think it was General Petraeus who recently condemned the burning that will take place, arguing it'll endanger the lives of U.S. troops and further tarnish the already murky relationships that soldiers hold with citizens. Hell, even Clinton and Holder condemned the burning.

You can just see the look on Jesus' face when this goes down:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

It's beyond stupid.

The U.S. is allegedly supposed to be one of the most tolerant and welcoming countries in the world when it comes to religious toleration and religious freedom. This shoots the founding fathers ideologies right in the face.

I think it was General Petraeus who recently condemned the burning that will take place, arguing it'll endanger the lives of U.S. troops and further tarnish the already murky relationships that soldiers hold with citizens. Hell, even Clinton and Holder condemned the burning.

You can just see the look on Jesus' face when this goes down:

He has the freedom to burn the Koran or the Bible or whatever he wants in America since works under the freedom of speech and expression provisions of the First Amendment. If you don't like it then go move to Saudi Arabia or any other country in the middle east and enjoy their tolerant and welcoming country.
      I give cam shows every now and then, but I MUST know you and be comfortable with you before I will do them for you! If interested, contact me and get to know me!

Aleksandr wrote:

He has the freedom to burn the Koran or the Bible or whatever he wants in America since works under the freedom of speech and expression provisions of the First Amendment. If you don't like it then go move to Saudi Arabia or any other country in the middle east and enjoy their tolerant and welcoming country.
      I don't recall saying he doesn't have the freedom to burn them. I said it's stupid to do so.

Seriously? You're actually going to drag in the Middle East comparison?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lol, I guess it depends wher eyou go in USA. The southern states are notorious for discriminating african americans and gays if I am not wrong. I am english and I watched fox news a few times, I have been shocked and at some of the content is bordering on being racist.

People burn Bibles all the time. So it's going to be illegal to burn the Koran now?

I don't think the problem is it being legal or not, the problem is the notion, the reaction it will bring and the general hatred behind it. That paster is meant to be a religious man, this is far from being religious.
      ''there is no way to peace, peace is the way''

ThailandTom wrote:

lol, I guess it depends wher eyou go in USA. The southern states are notorious for discriminating african americans and gays if I am not wrong. I am english and I watched fox news a few times, I have been shocked and at some of the content is bordering on being racist.

I can't turn to American news stations, including Fox News, without cringing at the bullshit they show.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i strongly believe that these type of douchebags are the MAIN reason for global conflict between religions.
      burning of quran doesnt mean you are against taliban. but it CLEARLY depicts you are just totally AGAINST a particular religion. and which is bad.

i personally feel that NO RELIGIONS in the world asks its followers to do bad, kill people, lie, cheat and so on. even the actual muslims are also ashamed of taliban and are totally against all their bullshits.

these are really sensative issues and should not be provoked for the sake of harmony. those people are just being a retard and probably has NOTHING better to do in their lives.
      much like taliban... who dont have anything better to do in their lives as well but to kill people and motivate young muslim kids to commit suicide teaching them how everyone else in the world is bad. and how MASS MURDER is good for the mankind. correction..TALIBAN-kind.