Help building my friend a PC

• Re: Help building my friend a PC

Aleksandr wrote:

Maybe if you got on msn once in a while we could talk. It's alexxandere gmail dot come

What time are you normally online? I'm quite busy at the moment so I don't have much time to spend on the internet.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Haha. RMG, I'm glad my friend does not have internet. He'll most likely start downloading music off Limewire and be like:
      "Chris, I have a virus. Please come fix my PC." - "Don't download illegal music," I reply.
      "Chris. My PC crashed and I didn't backup." - "You're fault," I reply while I take out my Ubuntu Live CD and formatting my portable HDD to help him out.
      "Chris. My internet doesn't want to work anymore. I was busy with YouTube and it stopped." - "You reached your cap," I reply.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Ugh, now his brother wants me to build him a PC as well.
      Apparently he is going to compose and store music on his PC, among other basic tasks (he won't be gaming as far as I know). Do I need anything heavy?
      I suggested a Mac but he can't get one and won't because:
      1. He can't afford it at the moment.
      2. He believe any OS not made my Microsoft is either for hippies (Mac OS) or communists (Linux).

Tombgeek wrote:

Haha. RMG, I'm glad my friend does not have internet. He'll most likely start downloading music off Limewire and be like:
      "Chris, I have a virus. Please come fix my PC." - "Don't download illegal music," I reply.
      "Chris. My PC crashed and I didn't backup." - "You're fault," I reply while I take out my Ubuntu Live CD and formatting my portable HDD to help him out.
      "Chris. My internet doesn't want to work anymore. I was busy with YouTube and it stopped." - "You reached your cap," I reply.

Yeah I can see how that would get annoying :p

But then again...no internet would also mean no practical way to install updates and service packs for Windows and his applications. :o

Tombgeek wrote:

What time are you normally online? I'm quite busy at the moment so I don't have much time to spend on the internet.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Ugh, now his brother wants me to build him a PC as well.
      Apparently he is going to compose and store music on his PC, among other basic tasks (he won't be gaming as far as I know). Do I need anything heavy?
      I suggested a Mac but he can't get one and won't because:
      1. He can't afford it at the moment.
      2. He believe any OS not made my Microsoft is either for hippies (Mac OS) or communists (Linux).

For his bro, I think the 2 most important things are a good processor (4-6 cores), and an excellent sound card. Depending on what music he makes, some programs like Ableton Live can beat the shit out of integrated sound cards when you have lots of tracks and sound effects composed together.

aTc wrote:

Well, I think he should apply for an internship at intel, so he can product test the new 24-core processors. :drool:

Wow, yall being fooled. Them there processors aren't putted out with 24 cores.
      I give cam shows every now and then, but I MUST know you and be comfortable with you before I will do them for you! If interested, contact me and get to know me!