WTF happened to Linkin Park?

• WTF happened to Linkin Park?

I was listening to a few songs from their new album A Thousand Suns and... oh my fucking god... I've been a Linkin Park fan for four or five years but I can't excuse this bullshit.

How did we get from this:
      [ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6VKiZPxP00&feature=related']YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

To this:
      [ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bftTUAIVMUQ']YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

I'm about done with Linkin Park.
      formspring.me/LeeAnderson Eh formspring me I suppose. I have fallen to a new level...
    • Re: WTF happened to Linkin Park?

Linkin' Park is overhyped in my opinion. They are not the best band ever. But I will not argue that their album Hybrid Theory was brilliant. But they've change ever since the release of Minutes To Midnight.
      They'll go back to their roots once they realize they are not giving the fans what they want. I'm not going to waste my money of their new album. I've got my eyes on this:

I'm sorry, but I think most of you on this thread are extremely narrow minded.

In a recent Kerrang! interview, they said that they have essentially "forgotten" what they used to be like and have started on a new slate.

In the 14 years that Linkin Park have been a band (including the 4 years under the names Super Xero, Xero and Hybrid Theory), they have changed their style rather dramatically. Ok, so they strayed away from the Nu Metal sound that established them.

Being in a band is all about making music that YOU want to make! And that is exactly what Linkin Park are doing. Making music that THEY want to make, something that THEY enjoy. If bands always made music for fans, then music would never progress. Even the likes of Metallica have realized that!

I personally can not WAIT for A Thousand Suns! The sound that Linkin Park now have, is different from what ever else is currently out their. Linkin Park are not afraid to do something new, which is why I love them.

BY THE WAY!

I respect people's opinions. So I'm not saying that you should all love the new direction of which Linkin Park are embarking, but I am saying you should all give them a bit more of a chance.

That is all.
      [CENTER][SIZE="2"]Blog: http://jamierandallphotography.wordpress.com/[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=2]Youtube: youtube.com/WellThatWasAwkward91 [/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

ShadowNinja wrote:

Being in a band is all about making music that YOU want to make! And that is exactly what Linkin Park are doing. Making music that THEY want to make, something that THEY enjoy. If bands always made music for fans, then music would never progress. Even the likes of Metallica have realized that!

don't you mean what their label wants to make?

ShadowNinja wrote:

I'm sorry, but I think most of you on this thread are extremely narrow minded.

In a recent Kerrang! interview, they said that they have essentially "forgotten" what they used to be like and have started on a new slate.

In the 14 years that Linkin Park have been a band (including the 4 years under the names Super Xero, Xero and Hybrid Theory), they have changed their style rather dramatically. Ok, so they strayed away from the Nu Metal sound that established them.

I personally can not WAIT for A Thousand Suns! The sound that Linkin Park now have, is different from what ever else is currently out their. Linkin Park are not afraid to do something new, which is why I love them.

BY THE WAY!

I respect people's opinions. So I'm not saying that you should all love the new direction of which Linkin Park are embarking, but I am saying you should all give them a bit more of a chance.

That is all.

1. It's one thing to experiment with other things. It's another to stray completely away from what fans are used to.
      Minutes To Midnight at least had some of the nu metal that we know and love (although it was lacking). I understand what you are getting at, but such a radical shift in style is not a good thing. It's the same thing in videogames and films. You can't change everything all at once without fans wanting to summon hell upon the earth.
      Bands like Disturbed and Skillet have changed a lot since their first album, but they did not decide to do one style in one album and another in the next. They introduced these changes in a few songs, while still keeping some of what the fans know and love. This way, they learn what works and what doesn't without losing the respect of their fans. Now, their music has changed completely, but we actually enjoy (and dare I say prefer) their new style now rather than before, because they know now what works and what doesn't, thus creating better music.

2. The Catalyst is not a bad song as a whole, but it feels more like religious preaching than a Linkin Park song. Many songs from Minutes To Midnight are also good songs, like The Little Things Give You Away. But I feel there was too much of soft music, and not enough of nu metal. There was what, three songs in Minutes To Midnight that was nu metal?

Also, The Catalyst would be more forgiveable if it was less computerised. Less techno, more rock please.

3. Being a professional music artist is not only what you want to make. You have to take your fans into consideration. It is the same thing with other musicians, writers, film directors, videogame designers, etc. Many of them wanted to do different things, but still had to keep to what made their original work fantastic.
      This goes back to what I said above. The band is more than welcome to experiment, but at least stick a bit to what we know.

Tombgeek, I can see where you're coming from.

As I haven't heard anymore from ATS until tomorrow, I can't really say if there is any heavier than The Catalyst.

But lets hope there is [=
      [CENTER][SIZE="2"]Blog: http://jamierandallphotography.wordpress.com/[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=2]Youtube: youtube.com/WellThatWasAwkward91 [/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]